Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Handgranade malfunction

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Handgranade malfunction Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Handgranade malfunction - 4/18/2001 7:39:00 PM   
JTGEN

I'am gettng a ot of malfunctions on handgranades. This means that they are not available again in that battle. But if one fails this cannot prevent using the others. Or is this a question with the engine not able to understand the difference in mg and granade? Also this did not happen at all as often with US, German, Soviet or Finnish that I have extensively played as with the British I'am currently playing. Is this something to do with the quality of Bitish granades?

Post #: 1
- 4/18/2001 7:55:00 PM   
Resisti

quote:

Originally posted by JTGEN: I'am gettng a ot of malfunctions on handgranades. This means that they are not available again in that battle. But if one fails this cannot prevent using the others. Or is this a question with the engine not able to understand the difference in mg and granade?
This is a good question;I've always wondered why this happens,too....

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

(in reply to JTGEN)
Post #: 2
- 4/18/2001 8:00:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

The latter - Game only knows from "weapon" not what "grenade" means...

(in reply to JTGEN)
Post #: 3
- 4/18/2001 8:05:00 PM   
Resisti

:( It's a pity,then. Anyway,txs for yr immediate reply,Paul,it's seems you're working 24/7. Hmmmm,maybe in this period I'm not so far from the truth lol

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

(in reply to JTGEN)
Post #: 4
- 4/18/2001 8:39:00 PM   
skukko

Game handles stuff despite of their given names :D Today: SO gunteam (with 16 horses) shot in the rear/engine damaged/ suspension disabled... :D Few months ago: SO infantry hit at the rear, infantry retreats... mosh :D

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to JTGEN)
Post #: 5
- 4/18/2001 10:56:00 PM   
panda124c

quote:

Originally posted by skukko: Game handles stuff despite of their given names :D Today: SO gunteam (with 16 horses) shot in the rear/engine damaged/ suspension disabled... :D Few months ago: SO infantry hit at the rear, infantry retreats... mosh :D
Don't forget the famous Truck hit turret damage. :D

(in reply to JTGEN)
Post #: 6
- 4/18/2001 11:14:00 PM   
Redleg

Actually, failure of hand grenads was not all that uncommon. The biggest problem I ever heard of with it was a bunch of Australian grenades purchased by the U.S. which failed in Korea..... bazookas also but that is another story. So, an occasional grenade failure doesn't bother me that much.

(in reply to JTGEN)
Post #: 7
- 4/19/2001 12:47:00 AM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by JTGEN: I'am gettng a ot of malfunctions on handgranades. This means that they are not available again in that battle. But if one fails this cannot prevent using the others. Or is this a question with the engine not able to understand the difference in mg and granade? Also this did not happen at all as often with US, German, Soviet or Finnish that I have extensively played as with the British I'am currently playing. Is this something to do with the quality of Bitish granades?
It may just be your computer, I have yet to see a hand grenade failure and I have played with breakdown on since it was added. It may be just my style of play. I hardly ever close to 1 hex range to shoot at units. Only when I am forced to wrinkle out hidden units in a town or woods will I ever close to 1 hex range. thanks, John.

(in reply to JTGEN)
Post #: 8
- 4/19/2001 12:48:00 AM   
Mikimoto

Hi. Well, a defective shipment can "explain" the problem with the grenades. Or a sabotage by the labourers in the factory.

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

(in reply to JTGEN)
Post #: 9
- 4/19/2001 9:44:00 PM   
Flashfyre

Consider this scenario..... "Here they come again, boys! Johnson, toss a coupla' grenades at 'em when they cross the street!" "Sorry, Sarge......I musta' left 'em in the 'track. Want me ta run back and grab 'em?" "Johnson, you are, without a doubt, the dumbest sumbitch it has been my pleasure to know in this man's Army! All right, troopers, FALL BACK! And Johnson, you got KP fer a week fer this." All in the realm of "abstract" possibilities... :D

The Motor Pool http://www.geocities.com/aurion_eq/index.html?976419304550 [email]kmcferren@onemain.com[/email]

(in reply to JTGEN)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Handgranade malfunction Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI