Handgranade malfunction (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

JTGEN -> Handgranade malfunction (4/18/2001 7:39:00 PM)

I'am gettng a ot of malfunctions on handgranades. This means that they are not available again in that battle. But if one fails this cannot prevent using the others. Or is this a question with the engine not able to understand the difference in mg and granade? Also this did not happen at all as often with US, German, Soviet or Finnish that I have extensively played as with the British I'am currently playing. Is this something to do with the quality of Bitish granades?

Resisti -> (4/18/2001 7:55:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by JTGEN: I'am gettng a ot of malfunctions on handgranades. This means that they are not available again in that battle. But if one fails this cannot prevent using the others. Or is this a question with the engine not able to understand the difference in mg and granade?
This is a good question;I've always wondered why this happens,too....

Paul Vebber -> (4/18/2001 8:00:00 PM)

The latter - Game only knows from "weapon" not what "grenade" means...

Resisti -> (4/18/2001 8:05:00 PM)

:( It's a pity,then. Anyway,txs for yr immediate reply,Paul,it's seems you're working 24/7. Hmmmm,maybe in this period I'm not so far from the truth lol

skukko -> (4/18/2001 8:39:00 PM)

Game handles stuff despite of their given names :D Today: SO gunteam (with 16 horses) shot in the rear/engine damaged/ suspension disabled... :D Few months ago: SO infantry hit at the rear, infantry retreats... mosh :D

panda124c -> (4/18/2001 10:56:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by skukko: Game handles stuff despite of their given names :D Today: SO gunteam (with 16 horses) shot in the rear/engine damaged/ suspension disabled... :D Few months ago: SO infantry hit at the rear, infantry retreats... mosh :D
Don't forget the famous Truck hit turret damage. :D

Redleg -> (4/18/2001 11:14:00 PM)

Actually, failure of hand grenads was not all that uncommon. The biggest problem I ever heard of with it was a bunch of Australian grenades purchased by the U.S. which failed in Korea..... bazookas also but that is another story. So, an occasional grenade failure doesn't bother me that much.

john g -> (4/19/2001 12:47:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by JTGEN: I'am gettng a ot of malfunctions on handgranades. This means that they are not available again in that battle. But if one fails this cannot prevent using the others. Or is this a question with the engine not able to understand the difference in mg and granade? Also this did not happen at all as often with US, German, Soviet or Finnish that I have extensively played as with the British I'am currently playing. Is this something to do with the quality of Bitish granades?
It may just be your computer, I have yet to see a hand grenade failure and I have played with breakdown on since it was added. It may be just my style of play. I hardly ever close to 1 hex range to shoot at units. Only when I am forced to wrinkle out hidden units in a town or woods will I ever close to 1 hex range. thanks, John.

Mikimoto -> (4/19/2001 12:48:00 AM)

Hi. Well, a defective shipment can "explain" the problem with the grenades. Or a sabotage by the labourers in the factory.

Flashfyre -> (4/19/2001 9:44:00 PM)

Consider this scenario..... "Here they come again, boys! Johnson, toss a coupla' grenades at 'em when they cross the street!" "Sorry, Sarge......I musta' left 'em in the 'track. Want me ta run back and grab 'em?" "Johnson, you are, without a doubt, the dumbest sumbitch it has been my pleasure to know in this man's Army! All right, troopers, FALL BACK! And Johnson, you got KP fer a week fer this." All in the realm of "abstract" possibilities... :D

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI