Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Suggestion for a setting about sounds

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Suggestion for a setting about sounds Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Suggestion for a setting about sounds - 9/21/2015 1:32:28 AM   
HalfLifeExpert

I was playing one of the community scenarios today, The Battle of the First Salvo, as the US, and there was something that rather annoyed me.
When my Israeli comrades began their epic air battle with the Syrians, I hear all the combat sounds of their engagement (missile shots, explosions etc). I was annoyed as my brain kept on thinking that my own units were firing/getting hit.

My simple suggestion for a future update is to expand the sound options, in the form of something like checkboxes reading:

[] Play sounds from/affecting Allied Units

[] Play sounds from/affecting Enemy Units

Also it would be nice to be able to tone down the alarm sound of incoming enemy missiles, as it can be very annoying and loud if a mass salvo is coming at you.

Thoughts?

Thanks for reading.

Post #: 1
RE: Suggestion for a setting about sounds - 9/21/2015 1:51:05 AM   
HaughtKarl

Do yourself a favor and delete the siren sound altogether. I tried substituting something less obnoxious than the Star Trek red alert sound and it was still to aggravating to endure with multiple enemy missile launches.

(in reply to HalfLifeExpert)
Post #: 2
RE: Suggestion for a setting about sounds - 9/21/2015 2:46:06 AM   
Dysta

Or better, just disable sound.

But I must point out though, those cheesy "80s style" alarms, launching sounds and explosions are the only things to give audiences a quick attention whether I have stream the game. The only sound I would like to keep is the deck gun firing sound -- solid and short.

(in reply to HaughtKarl)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Suggestion for a setting about sounds Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI