Suggestion for a setting about sounds (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

HalfLifeExpert -> Suggestion for a setting about sounds (9/21/2015 1:32:28 AM)

I was playing one of the community scenarios today, The Battle of the First Salvo, as the US, and there was something that rather annoyed me.
When my Israeli comrades began their epic air battle with the Syrians, I hear all the combat sounds of their engagement (missile shots, explosions etc). I was annoyed as my brain kept on thinking that my own units were firing/getting hit.

My simple suggestion for a future update is to expand the sound options, in the form of something like checkboxes reading:

[] Play sounds from/affecting Allied Units

[] Play sounds from/affecting Enemy Units

Also it would be nice to be able to tone down the alarm sound of incoming enemy missiles, as it can be very annoying and loud if a mass salvo is coming at you.

Thoughts?

Thanks for reading.

HaughtKarl -> RE: Suggestion for a setting about sounds (9/21/2015 1:51:05 AM)

Do yourself a favor and delete the siren sound altogether. I tried substituting something less obnoxious than the Star Trek red alert sound and it was still to aggravating to endure with multiple enemy missile launches.

Dysta -> RE: Suggestion for a setting about sounds (9/21/2015 2:46:06 AM)

Or better, just disable sound.

But I must point out though, those cheesy "80s style" alarms, launching sounds and explosions are the only things to give audiences a quick attention whether I have stream the game. The only sound I would like to keep is the deck gun firing sound -- solid and short.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI