Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Attack Bombers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Attack Bombers Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Attack Bombers - 10/14/2015 11:52:11 AM   
towtow59_MatrixForum

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yaab

Does it mean that if I set attack bombers to attack airfield/port/city/ground targets between 1000-5000 feet they will always drop to 100 feet? That can be pretty devastating for the attack bombers fly against ground targets.

In my testing, yes from 6k down attack bombers will drop to 100 feet and strafe their target, no matter what mission they are on, excluding city attacks as I have not tested that.

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 31
RE: Attack Bombers - 10/14/2015 12:36:52 PM   
Yaab

Many thanks!

(in reply to towtow59_MatrixForum)
Post #: 32
RE: Attack Bombers - 10/14/2015 11:45:13 PM   
spence

The original versions of the PV-1 deployed to the Pacific had a bombardier and 2 x .50 cal in the nose. In the field they were modified as well with a "chin pack" of 3 additional .50 cal added and the bombardier removed. From the AARs published by various PV-1 squadrons at VPNavy.com low level attacks were quite common. Later production of the PV-1 included the "chin pack"/no bombardier and the PV-2 included it right from the start. A special PV-2D version was contracted for the invasion of Japan and had 8 x .50 cal in the nose. Only about 30 of the 500 contracted for were completed before the Japanese surrendered and the contract was cancelled.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Attack Bombers Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI