Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone expansion!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command: DLCs >> Command: Northern Inferno >> RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone expansion! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/22/2015 4:10:29 AM   
sfbaytf

I like the campaign part. What I would really like to see is a futuristic campaign(s) with:

US vs China- DF21s vs carrier and surface battlegroups and some sort of story line and campaign. A clash between Japan and China with the US joining in or Taiwan conflict.

A resurgent Russia vs the West.

This is a great start though...

Multiplayer when it comes out will be great. RT and WEGO would be awesome-if that is practical.

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 31
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/22/2015 3:32:59 PM   
Primarchx

So Matrix says it released today but there's no purchase options or info?

(in reply to sfbaytf)
Post #: 32
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/22/2015 3:57:23 PM   
ColonelMolerat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Primarchx

quote:

In the UK at least, Steam normally puts out new releases at 6pm GMT, so I'm hoping it's up then - however, the Steam page is actually counting down to midnight...

quote:

ORIGINAL: sfbaytf
Multiplayer when it comes out will be great. RT and WEGO would be awesome-if that is practical.

What do RT and WEGO stand for? (I'm new to this, and Google isn't helping!)

(in reply to sfbaytf)
Post #: 33
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/22/2015 4:53:41 PM   
VilleYrjola

RT means real time and WEGO means simultaneous order and action phases, the alternative is IGOUGO which is more traditional form of turn based gaming, the same system as in board games.
For me Steam says that release is on the 22nd and that the game will unlock in 7 hours. That means that it will unlock when it is 23rd already. Seems like someone dropped the ball on this one...

(in reply to ColonelMolerat)
Post #: 34
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/22/2015 5:34:37 PM   
Rudd

Looks like it's available now
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/589/details/Command:.Northern.Inferno.

(in reply to VilleYrjola)
Post #: 35
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/22/2015 5:43:45 PM   
VilleYrjola

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rudd

Well looks like that said someone picked up the ball and put it straight through the hoop.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiygG8Gx7bg

(in reply to Rudd)
Post #: 36
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/22/2015 5:55:55 PM   
ojms

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rudd

Downloading now!

(in reply to Rudd)
Post #: 37
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/22/2015 6:53:47 PM   
IainMcNeil

Guys the game is out on our sites but Steam is having a fit with the size of the file. THe upload failed so restarting and hoping it goes through this time. Been trying to get this out all day!

When it does release your serial number form us is also your steam key so you can redeem it there.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to ojms)
Post #: 38
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/22/2015 8:15:25 PM   
Swiso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Guys the game is out on our sites but Steam is having a fit with the size of the file. THe upload failed so restarting and hoping it goes through this time. Been trying to get this out all day!

When it does release your serial number form us is also your steam key so you can redeem it there.

I have bought first the boxed version of Command, then activated the Steam version, now correct me if I am wrong, if I buy the game on Matrix Games, the serial number wil also activate the steam version ?

Thanks !

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 39
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/22/2015 8:30:41 PM   
IainMcNeil

Yes that is correct for Northern Inferno - as soon as its available on Steam you'll be able to unlock it.

For the original Command we had a different system which is a bit more fiddly. You can find more below. We use the new serial/key as its more convenient but this is only available on newer releases.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3702673

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Swiso)
Post #: 40
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/23/2015 1:43:28 AM   
ColonelMolerat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rosmarus

RT means real time and WEGO means simultaneous order and action phases, the alternative is IGOUGO which is more traditional form of turn based gaming, the same system as in board games.
For me Steam says that release is on the 22nd and that the game will unlock in 7 hours. That means that it will unlock when it is 23rd already. Seems like someone dropped the ball on this one...

quote:

RT means real time and WEGO means simultaneous order and action phases, the alternative is IGOUGO

Haha! 'We-Go'... I read it as 'W.E.G.O.'. It's all clear now!

< Message edited by ColonelMolerat -- 10/23/2015 12:43:16 PM >

Post #: 41
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/23/2015 5:36:07 AM   
Casinn

Worked great, thanks for the easier steam key method. :)

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 42
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/23/2015 9:41:45 AM   
AlGrant

Take Cover - Dumb Question Incoming!

OK I've updated to Ver 1.09 and think I've got myself confused about how to purchase/activate the Northern Inferno scenarios.
I can see the NI scenarios etc in my normal CMANO install directory and know I need a license code, but can't see where to purchase a code without actually downloading the full 3gb NI package.

My CMANO install is via Matrix, not Steam.

(in reply to Casinn)
Post #: 43
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/23/2015 9:45:15 AM   
IainMcNeil

If you buy NI you'll get a serial. If you already have the 1.09 patch installer you can run that again and just add your NI serial to that to unlock NI. There is no need to download the NI installer though you will be sent a link when you buy in case you need it.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to AlGrant)
Post #: 44
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/23/2015 9:56:20 AM   
Dimitris

Not dumb at all!

What you have to do is re-launch the update installer, and enter your NI key there.

Where you find the installer depends on how you updated:

1) If you used the updater applet from the Matrix launcher, in the CMANO root folder there must be a new folder where the updater files are located.

2) If you "manually" downloaded the update installer through FTP, you already have it at hand.

So re-launch the installer and you should see two textboxes, one for each serial (CMANO and NI). Just enter the NI serial and this should unlock NI for you.

(in reply to AlGrant)
Post #: 45
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/23/2015 10:59:25 AM   
AlGrant

Iain & Sunburn,

Dumb Question Crisis Averted

That worked - Many thanks - NI purchased & activated ..... Now if only I didn't have to work today!

Hmm I think I can feel myself coming down with a bout of the dreaded CMANO Flu .... I believe the NI strain is particularly infectious!

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 46
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/23/2015 11:58:59 AM   
Dimitris

You mean you now belong to the Knights Who Say NI!.....?

(in reply to AlGrant)
Post #: 47
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/23/2015 12:17:39 PM   
Marder

Do i have two steam entries in my library if i buy NI?
I would like to have just one entry CMANO and NI as DLC. Is it possible?

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 48
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/23/2015 1:17:58 PM   
Dimitris

No, we deliberately made NI a standalone app so that it can be purchased by non-CMANO customers.

(in reply to Marder)
Post #: 49
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/23/2015 2:08:11 PM   
intjMaster

So to confirm, Steam customers need to purchase the seperate Northern Inferno game. There's no way to integrate the NI content into the Steam version of CMANO? Would purchasing and installing Steam NI, then copying the NI scenarios over to my base CMANO folder work?

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 50
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/23/2015 3:04:38 PM   
smudge56

(this is for non steam command) FYI - I have bought the new Add-on just in case some asks.

Ok i've managed to really confused myself. I now have 2 Short cuts to command on my desktop. One is the original Command shorcut when i double click says the exe doesn't exist or has been moved so you want to delete it? And now I have the Command Northern Inferno Short cut on the desktop too. Is this the new short cut that is to be used? Or had I made a complete hash of installing the new patch update.

Also in the start menu I now have Command Modern Air Naval Operations Folder and I also have the Command Wargame of the Year Edition Folder. Is that suppose to happen?

FYI if you click on check for 'update' button on the Command Northern Inferno, an error message come up "windows cannot find '\update.exe' MAke sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again"

I'm hoping I haven't screwed up my install. If so what did I do wrong. I just put the update where my existing version of the game was.

AKA - Smudge

(in reply to intjMaster)
Post #: 51
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/23/2015 3:21:06 PM   
Nico165b165

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blighty56

(this is for non steam command) FYI - I have bought the new Add-on just in case some asks.

Ok i've managed to really confused myself. I now have 2 Short cuts to command on my desktop. One is the original Command shorcut when i double click says the exe doesn't exist or has been moved so you want to delete it? And now I have the Command Northern Inferno Short cut on the desktop too. Is this the new short cut that is to be used? Or had I made a complete hash of installing the new patch update.

Also in the start menu I now have Command Modern Air Naval Operations Folder and I also have the Command Wargame of the Year Edition Folder. Is that suppose to happen?

FYI if you click on check for 'update' button on the Command Northern Inferno, an error message come up "windows cannot find '\update.exe' MAke sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again"

I'm hoping I haven't screwed up my install. If so what did I do wrong. I just put the update where my existing version of the game was.

I have the exact same thing, I think you did it right.

The old shortcut is no more useful. The new NI one is doing all the job now.

The update button not working in the new NI menu must be a bug (not a problem for now, there's no update to NI yet)

(in reply to smudge56)
Post #: 52
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/23/2015 3:22:24 PM   
mikmykWS

Correct

Mike

(in reply to Nico165b165)
Post #: 53
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/23/2015 3:42:41 PM   
smudge56

thank god so mike I haven't done anything wrong then

AKA - Smudge

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 54
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/23/2015 4:10:25 PM   
VilleYrjola

This might've been discussed before but little bit of recap nver hurt anyone. If I have a clean install of the basic CMANO (Matrix version) and I inted to install patch and NI what order should I choose? Do I install the newest patch first and then NI or the other way around or just the NI?

(in reply to smudge56)
Post #: 55
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/23/2015 4:11:30 PM   
Dimitris

By installing the patch (all 3.6GB of it) you are also installing all the NI material, so there isn't really a choice of order.

Post #: 56
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/23/2015 4:13:25 PM   
VilleYrjola

Okay, and should I put in the NI key when I install the update in order to unlock NI scenarios and avoid the locking of the other scenarios others have reported?

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 57
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/23/2015 4:59:37 PM   
VilleYrjola

Well I did install the file that I downloaded from the link that was posted to me after I bought the NI. Now it seems that I have two installs of the game, the original CMANO and the WOTY/NI version. Is it safe to remove the original CMANO? I have to say that this is the most confusing game install I've ever come across in my 20+ years of PC gaming.

< Message edited by Rosmarus -- 10/23/2015 6:07:22 PM >

Post #: 58
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/23/2015 5:18:05 PM   
IainMcNeil

Sorry for any confusion. It has been very complex to set this up so we may have missed some edge cases, but we did a lot of testing so I don't know what we missed. The aim was to make it as easy to use as possible! You seem to have found an edge case and are in a state we hadn't planned.

When you install NI it should find the original game by default and overwrite it unless you tell it to install somewhere else. All you should need is the NI installer and you can enter both serials in to that. The only issue is if you installed the game twice to different folders, removing it might upset the registry and think you don't have the game you uninstall. That might require you to run the installer again.

To be honest its hard to tell you exactly what went wrong or how to resolve it as your install is in a state that its not supposed to be in so I'm not sure how to fix it without seeing it myself. If you want to be completely sure uninstall both and reinstall just NI and enter both serials when you do.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

Post #: 59
RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone... - 10/23/2015 6:05:12 PM   
VilleYrjola

I completely understand where you are coming from. The important thing for me is that the game is out, installation hurdles can be overcome. I thought you might be interested in my installation procedure for future reference. I installed the original CMANO into my custmo folder "games" and made a new sub folder for the game itself. When I installed 1.09/NI it didn't automatically find the folder where vanilla CMANO was installed so it offered me some kind of defaul folder. I think it was called Matrix/Command Wargame of the Year edition under program files or something like that. Instead of installing the game there I made a new sub folder to my games folder and installed it there. After that I ended up with two separate installs of the game. I seemed that both worked after the install but to be sure I'll follow your instructions and uninstall both of them and just reinstall NI.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command: DLCs >> Command: Northern Inferno >> RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone expansion! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI