Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix v. update?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Matrix v. update? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix v. update? - 10/24/2015 8:10:08 AM   
Urpå

Will there be an update for the Matrix version so it will match the Steam one?
Post #: 1
RE: Matrix v. update? - 10/25/2015 8:22:46 PM   
Vic

Hi there,

As far as I am aware there wouldn't be any difference between the Steam and the Matrix version.

The reason the Steam one has a higher version number is just because Steam needed a few code changes.

Are there any specific issues here in for example a PBEM++ match or something?
or just curiosity?

best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Urpå)
Post #: 2
RE: Matrix v. update? - 10/26/2015 6:19:45 PM   
Urpå

No issues. Infact, I do have a PBEM game going vs a Steam buyer and there hasn't been any problems that we are aware of.

However, I did wonder the warning label at first (at the time I didn't know the game was also available at Steam) and it took a few mails to clear up the confusion. Afterwards I've had a couple starts on server that haven't gone past T1. Since server game communication is more clunky perhaps new comers will abandon the game before even starting when the warning label pops up? Having the same v. by default would certainly clear up that kind of an issue.

< Message edited by Urpå -- 10/26/2015 7:24:39 PM >

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 3
RE: Matrix v. update? - 10/26/2015 6:51:27 PM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Urpå

No issues. Infact, I do have a PBEM game going vs a Steam buyer and there hasn't been any problems that we are aware of.

However, I did wonder the warning label at first (at the time I didn't know the game was also available at Steam) and it took a few mails to clear up the confusion. Afterwards I've had a couple starts on server that haven't gone past T1. Since server game communication is more clunky perhaps new comers will abandon the game before even starting when the warning label pops up? Having the same v. by default would certainly clear up that kind of an issue.

Agree this aint ideal.
Putting it on the to-do list.

Thanks for taking the time to report on this issue. Its appreciated.

best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Urpå)
Post #: 4
RE: Matrix v. update? - 11/15/2015 11:24:36 AM   
DOB0041

Hi,

I am also playing a campaign against Urpå and I realize a significant difference in Victory Points.

My Game against Urpå has Victory condition 500 VP for a Major german victory and 350 for a minor.

My other game against a Buddy has 450 VP for a Major german victory and 420 VP for a minor and additionally there exist a rule that german can gain VP not only by taking cities but also by creating losses on russian troops.

I and my Buddy downloaded DC CB this spring (don't know if we have steam or not ) and are running Version V106h2

I don't know what Urpå is running for a Version...

I also have the experience that the Germans - in campaign with my Buddy - have to take much more losses as the Germans have to take in my game with Urpå in similar Situation when they attack well fortified russian defensive positions.

Maybe this is reasoned by Urpås better preparation of operational combat. But still it Looks for me like a different engine calculating combat results.

(in reply to Urpå)
Post #: 5
RE: Matrix v. update? - 11/15/2015 5:38:47 PM   
Urpå

I'm using the 106h2 version as well.

Wrt casualties: alas, it's fairly normal to get crazy casualty ratios on the ground. On the offensive (either side, but for Axis it's easier IMO) it's quite simple to arrange situations that cause neglible casualties for the attacking side by using arty/air and concentric bonuses.

It sounds to me you are using a modded scenario with your friend.

< Message edited by Urpå -- 11/15/2015 6:39:04 PM >

(in reply to DOB0041)
Post #: 6
RE: Matrix v. update? - 11/15/2015 8:38:06 PM   
DOB0041

At least we didn't downloaded any mod Scenario... PBEM Scenario what is available. I don't understand ...

(in reply to Urpå)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Matrix v. update? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI