Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Operation Reclaimed Might, 2015

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Operation Reclaimed Might, 2015 Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Operation Reclaimed Might, 2015 - 11/15/2015 2:20:27 PM   
Death6

Hello all,

I am pretty new around here. Let me start with a slight intro. Huge fan of military hardware and all that jazz. As you can imagine I was pretty excited to run across Command. So excited that I even held a lecture about Command at my university to a class of 50 people. Which was welcomed very positively.

Anyway one of my most favorite aspects of Command is it's scenario editor. So I took on the challenge to create a mission. My ultimate aim to be a part of the Community Scenario Pack. Not sure If it will be good enough to have the privilege to be among the accomplished scenarios but we will see.

so here it is.

--

Operation Reclaimed Might

Scenario Time Start: 07 October 2015 00:00:00
Scenario Time End: 07 October 2015 06:00:00
Complexity: 3
Difficulty: 2
Location/Setting: Syrian Civil War

quote:

Russia vs. Islamic State

Date/Time: 7th October 2015 / 00:00:00 Zulu

Playable Sides: Russia

Background

Russia says it has launched rocket strikes on Islamic State group targets in Syria from warships in the Caspian Sea - about 1,500km (930 miles) away. Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu said four warships fired 26 sea-based cruise missiles at 11 targets, destroying them and causing no civilian casualties.

The missile attacks came from Russia’s fleet in the Caspian Sea, which borders Russia, Iran and three other littoral countries. The precision weapons hit all intended targets. The attacks required cooperation from Iran and Iraq, as the missiles had to travel through their airspace to reach Syria. The Russian Defense Ministry said it had worked with its partners to plan the flight path so that the missiles traveled only over desolate areas and didn’t pose any danger to civilians.

Four warships of the Caspian fleet were involved in the missile attacks, the Gepard-class frigate Dagestan and the Buyan-M-class corvettes Grad Sviyazhsk, Uglich and Veliky Ustyug. They fired cruise missiles from the Kalibr NK (Klub) VLS launchers. The missiles used are capable of hitting a target within 3 meters at a range of up to 2,500 km.

Scenario Notes

This scenario can be played in several ways so keep an open minded approach to the mission. You are in command of an extensive arsenal so be very careful and still decisive at the right moments.

Good luck!

Scenario File is attached to this post at the bottom.

--

I would appreciate some testing and feedback for this scenario. Do all the event's work? How fair is scoring? What is lacking and what is good about it? With your contributions I will increase the version each time after a major change has been submitted to the scenario. Which will be re-uploaded and with a rince and repeat process we will hopefully reach 1.0. Then I will submit this to the Community Pack thread.

Thank you for your attention and help already. See you in the field Commanders!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Death6 -- 8/11/2016 6:08:28 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.5 - 11/15/2015 3:09:08 PM   
Skjold

Just an FYI, this forum accepts .zip files as attachments if you would like to upload it directly to the forums, Chrome is blocking your .rar file as harmful and it can't be downloaded, so i'll wait until you upload it directly to the forums.

< Message edited by Skjold -- 11/15/2015 4:11:49 PM >

(in reply to Death6)
Post #: 2
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.5 - 11/15/2015 3:24:54 PM   
Vici Supreme

I'd really like to test your scenario but as Skjold already said Chrome has flagged the file as harmful and is blocking the download. Could you not simply upload the file into the forum?

Supreme

< Message edited by Supreme 2.0 -- 11/15/2015 4:25:08 PM >

(in reply to Skjold)
Post #: 3
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.5 - 11/15/2015 5:03:45 PM   
Death6

Thanks for the quick response guys. The scenario is now attached to the OP. Cheers.

(in reply to Vici Supreme)
Post #: 4
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.5 - 11/15/2015 5:13:32 PM   
Vici Supreme

Downloaded... I'm off for seing the new Bond movie new. Will give it a try later this evening!

(in reply to Death6)
Post #: 5
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.5 - 11/15/2015 10:15:02 PM   
Vici Supreme

Just started the scenario. I observed a lot of things you could change. First off, I better ask if you want a fully detailed changelog? It's quiet some stuff but it's not intended to discourage you in your efforts!

< Message edited by Supreme 2.0 -- 11/16/2015 1:17:56 PM >

Post #: 6
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.5 - 11/16/2015 4:45:07 AM   
Death6

quote:

ORIGINAL: Supreme 2.0

Just started the scenario. I observed a lot of things you could be changed. First off, I better ask if you want a fully detailed changelog? It's quiet some stuff but it's not intended to discourage in your efforts!

Yea please share your feedback I want to work on the scenario and make it better. That's why we are starting with version 0.5!

< Message edited by Death6 -- 11/16/2015 5:50:39 AM >

Post #: 7
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.5 - 11/16/2015 4:57:56 AM   
Skjold

Allright, now i have played it. These are some observations/suggestions.

1. You have alot of other units in the mission, that doesn't actually do anything such as most of the caspian fleet, while its a nice touch of detail it also reduces performance of the mission due to higher unit count especially for people with lower end systems. The Russian AF units at Latakia would be nice to be able to control, but i assume you want them there as targets.
2. I completed the mission with 7 hours to spare or so. You might wanna put up a message for when all ground targets has been destroyed. The mission to kill the MiG-21's taking off is random, but i'm sure thats intended and have no problem with it.
3. The SCUD attack on the base is completly out of the blue, should i find and attack them? You might want to clarify to the player that you want them to go Scud hunting. You gave the player "orders" to bomb the targets, and intercept the MiG-21's but nothing regarding the Scud's.
4. Due to the SCUD attack attacking the main airbase i lost 2 of my Su-34's on the ground which negativly affects my score. I could not prevent this as they were re-arming. That made me get a major victory instead of triumph.
5. Some ground targets were hard to find due to the extreme close proximity with for example Inf Plt (Rebels) and just for gameplay sakes you might spread them out a little bit.
6. Why are the Russian Caspian fleet in charge of Su-34's at Latakia? Seems odd. You might wanna generalise the player as "Russia" or give the player the ability to take on the objectives using either airforce assets such as Su-24M at Latakia or using cruise missiles.
7. You might wanna deselect all reference points at the start of the mission.
8. You probably should rename the file and scenario to "Operation Reclaimed Might, 2015" as that is the default scenario name layout.

I like the scenario overall, hope my suggestions/observations helps you to make it better.
Cheers, Skjold.

< Message edited by Skjold -- 11/16/2015 5:58:38 AM >

Post #: 8
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.5 - 11/16/2015 9:10:13 AM   
Death6

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skjold

Allright, now i have played it. These are some observations/suggestions.

1. You have alot of other units in the mission, that doesn't actually do anything such as most of the caspian fleet, while its a nice touch of detail it also reduces performance of the mission due to higher unit count especially for people with lower end systems. The Russian AF units at Latakia would be nice to be able to control, but i assume you want them there as targets.
2. I completed the mission with 7 hours to spare or so. You might wanna put up a message for when all ground targets has been destroyed. The mission to kill the MiG-21's taking off is random, but i'm sure thats intended and have no problem with it.
3. The SCUD attack on the base is completly out of the blue, should i find and attack them? You might want to clarify to the player that you want them to go Scud hunting. You gave the player "orders" to bomb the targets, and intercept the MiG-21's but nothing regarding the Scud's.
4. Due to the SCUD attack attacking the main airbase i lost 2 of my Su-34's on the ground which negativly affects my score. I could not prevent this as they were re-arming. That made me get a major victory instead of triumph.
5. Some ground targets were hard to find due to the extreme close proximity with for example Inf Plt (Rebels) and just for gameplay sakes you might spread them out a little bit.
6. Why are the Russian Caspian fleet in charge of Su-34's at Latakia? Seems odd. You might wanna generalise the player as "Russia" or give the player the ability to take on the objectives using either airforce assets such as Su-24M at Latakia or using cruise missiles.
7. You might wanna deselect all reference points at the start of the mission.
8. You probably should rename the file and scenario to "Operation Reclaimed Might, 2015" as that is the default scenario name layout.

I like the scenario overall, hope my suggestions/observations helps you to make it better.
Cheers, Skjold.

Thanks for the quick feedback Skjold. I will try to go point by point since this is some valuable information.

1. The extra units are mostly for flair purposes except for the airbase unit's at Latakia. I never thought about the performance factor. Thanks for bringing that up. I will remove the unnecessary ships of the Caspian Fleet. Still want to maintain the Black Sea Fleet though. For Radar support.

2. I was thinking of reducing the mission time but since I saw other scenarios taking way longer I had thought of 12 hours. With this feedback I could reduce it to 8. Both the Scud and MiG-21 actions kick in later. The MiG-21 mission is meant to be a surprise. Something to keep the player on their toes and to add a bit of a dynamic. The message kicks off after your units detect a MiG-21.

3. The SCUD attack is meant to be a unforeseen retaliatory strike. It is to keep the player on edge. The SCUD's have 4 waves of missiles in them. If you can't find the SCUD before they attack one is to follow their trajectory after they fire and try to pin point their location with the ELINT Il-20A. I want the player to have a single pay load for the 2x Su-34 bomber so you basically have 4 bombs and that's all the chances you got. It's a bit of stressful situation which I wanted to have.

4. This is what I wanted to happen. Good to see that the aircraft were hit. Great stuff on the Major Victory though!. I will add just a few more magazines for the bombers at the airbase. Maybe 4 more bombs.

5. Good point. I will spread them around a little. I thought it would make sense for some to be very close to each other. But gameplay is what matters most.

6. I had a more simple version of this scenario. Sadly it was too simple. It needed a couple of more factors included. Firing cruise missiles might be nice but that alone is not enough complexity wise. That's why I added a few air units for the player to play around with. The problem is though since I wanted to do a semi realistic OOB. The naming didn't work. So I just went with the main Russian Air Force is deployed at the Latakia Airbase and the Caspian Fleet Commander was given a few air units as immediate support. It's a tough one to solve. I will need to think more about it.

7. OH! Sorry totally forgot that. I will fix that on the next version.

8. Thanks for pointing that out. Will do!

Appreciate the feedback. Will take in a few more and then incorporate all in to a 0.6 version.

< Message edited by Death6 -- 11/16/2015 10:11:52 AM >

(in reply to Skjold)
Post #: 9
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.5 - 11/16/2015 2:48:20 PM   
Vici Supreme

Alright, let's roll.

1. First you got two completely different commands here, the Russian Air Force in Syria and the Russian Navy in the Caspian Sea. I can well imagine that for the duration of the operation the Russian Surface Group would report to the Command of Russian Forces in Syria (to coordinate attacks in conjunction with Russian airstrikes) but it seems odd that the four ships would be assigned control of air assets in Syria. You should make up your mind from who's perspective you want to design/play the scenario. After you made a decision on this, the briefing should be adjusted accordingly. This is something you could do to improve your scen's realism/immersion.

2. Too much units without use. For example you have parts of the Caspian Fleet and some ships of the Russian Mediterranean Task Force. Most significant, airbases under IS control are present as multi-unit builds, making up the largest portion of units placed in the scenario. Are these really necessary? They just soak up CPU, slowing down the whole scenario. Except of the Russian airbase in Latakia, I would replace all other with single-unit airfields since they aren't targeted att all. Also remove unnecessary parts of the Caspian Fleet and maybe even the ships of the Mediterranean Task Force (they don't appear to have any use).

3. Civilian units. The scenario has no civilian side altough you placed city markers. This one is not mandatory but it looks odd to have cities like Astrakhan under control of the Russian Caspian Fleet. I get the idea of being under the administration of a specific faction, it simply doesn't look too good IMO. It's more of a cosmetic matter so to say. A civilan settlement after all is a civilian unit and should be displayed as neutral unit in my opinion (unless the scenario is designed to hit the city at some point). Maybe consider moving all your city markers to a civilian side.

4. A lot of ships are being portrayed by wrong DB units. I observed the flagship, which lead the Russian SAG to conduct the missile strike, is the Project 11661 vessel Tatarstan. This isn't correct. The ship is not equipped with UKSK tubes to launch the 3M14 Kalibr missiles... Look for SKR Dagetan [Pr.1166.1K] (DBID #2883) instead. I also noticed the Caspian fleet has dozens of RK Maktka Mod [Pr.206.6MR Vikhr Mod] (DBID #2477). There was only one ship of Project 206.6MR, the 966 R-44 which was decommissioned in 2008. The ship you were looking for is the RK Matka [Pr.206MR Vikhr] (DBID #2474). In the end, you might not even have to do this if you consider removing all parts of the Caspian Fleet which aren't directly involved in the missile strike (see point 2). NOTE: My proposal: Replace SKR Gepard [Pr.1166.1] with SKR Dagetan [Pr.1166.1K] and add 8 x SS-N-30 [3M14 Kalibr] (0/1) to its 3R-14UKSK-Kh VLS. Adjust the weapons load in the VLS as you like.

5. Why didn't you add any shipnames? Stuff like this always contributes to the scenario immersion. You gotta have some love for the detail! There are different ways and approaches how to name ships in the sim. Lot of guys in the game use Shipsuffix and Shipname. I like to use Hullnumber and Shipname.
The Caspian Fleet ships involved in the missile strike were: 693 Dagestan, 021 Grad Sviyazhsk, 022 Uglich, 023 Veliky Ustyug. https://www.rt.com/news/317864-russian-warships-missiles-launch/

6. For some reason my Kalibr cruise missiles aren't avoiding the no-navigation zone over Turkey, don't know why. Does this has something to do with the game mechanics?

7. Two things regarding the Il-20M Coot A. First, give it a radio callsign like you did with all the other units on Bassel Al-Assad. Second, set up a mission for the aircraft. A support mission with 4-5 referrence points, with the last referrence point very close to the first to create a rectangular mission-route, will do.

8. Loadouts for Russian aircraft in Syria. Russian Su-30SMs should fly their air-to-air sorties with the AA-10 Alamo C/R-27RE instead of the AA-12 Adder A/R-77. (1)(2)(3) Also, Su-34 in air-to-air configuration? You sure? You may also want to consider setting some of the aircraft to Maintainance/Unavailable. A 100% availability rate is a little optimistic, don't you think?

9. In your scenario, Syrian Pantsir-S1E are placed around the Russian Airbase. In fact, Russia has deployed its own SA-22 Greyhound/Pantsir-S1 batteries to guard Bassel Al-Assad.

I haven't taken a look on things like events or scoring yet. There is already quiet some stuff. Honestly speaking, the scenario appears to be in very early BETA as lot of stuff has to be done. I like the idea of the scenario, it just needs improvements in and fine tuning in a couple of areas. Keep up your efforts and work! If I can help you with anything let me know!

Regards, Supreme

(in reply to Death6)
Post #: 10
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.5 - 11/16/2015 7:32:46 PM   
Death6

quote:

Alright, let's roll.

1. First you got two completely different commands here, the Russian Air Force in Syria and the Russian Navy in the Caspian Sea. I can well imagine that for the duration of the operation the Russian Surface Group would report to the Command of Russian Forces in Syria (to coordinate attacks in conjunction with Russian airstrikes) but it seems odd that the four ships would be assigned control of air assets in Syria. You should make up your mind from who's perspective you want to design/play the scenario. After you made a decision on this, the briefing should be adjusted accordingly. This is something you could do to improve your scen's realism/immersion.

2. Too much units without use. For example you have parts of the Caspian Fleet and some ships of the Russian Mediterranean Task Force. Most significant, airbases under IS control are present as multi-unit builds, making up the largest portion of units placed in the scenario. Are these really necessary? They just soak up CPU, slowing down the whole scenario. Except of the Russian airbase in Latakia, I would replace all other with single-unit airfields since they aren't targeted att all. Also remove unnecessary parts of the Caspian Fleet and maybe even the ships of the Mediterranean Task Force (they don't appear to have any use).

3. Civilian units. The scenario has no civilian side altough you placed city markers. This one is not mandatory but it looks odd to have cities like Astrakhan under control of the Russian Caspian Fleet. I get the idea of being under the administration of a specific faction, it simply doesn't look too good IMO. It's more of a cosmetic matter so to say. A civilan settlement after all is a civilian unit and should be displayed as neutral unit in my opinion (unless the scenario is designed to hit the city at some point). Maybe consider moving all your city markers to a civilian side.

4. A lot of ships are being portrayed by wrong DB units. I observed the flagship, which lead the Russian SAG to conduct the missile strike, is the Project 11661 vessel Tatarstan. This isn't correct. The ship is not equipped with UKSK tubes to launch the 3M14 Kalibr missiles... Look for SKR Dagetan [Pr.1166.1K] (DBID #2883) instead. I also noticed the Caspian fleet has dozens of RK Maktka Mod [Pr.206.6MR Vikhr Mod] (DBID #2477). There was only one ship of Project 206.6MR, the 966 R-44 which was decommissioned in 2008. The ship you were looking for is the RK Matka [Pr.206MR Vikhr] (DBID #2474). In the end, you might not even have to do this if you consider removing all parts of the Caspian Fleet which aren't directly involved in the missile strike (see point 2). NOTE: My proposal: Replace SKR Gepard [Pr.1166.1] with SKR Dagetan [Pr.1166.1K] and add 8 x SS-N-30 [3M14 Kalibr] (0/1) to its 3R-14UKSK-Kh VLS. Adjust the weapons load in the VLS as you like.

5. Why didn't you add any shipnames? Stuff like this always contributes to the scenario immersion. You gotta have some love for the detail! There are different ways and approaches how to name ships in the sim. Lot of guys in the game use Shipsuffix and Shipname. I like to use Hullnumber and Shipname.
The Caspian Fleet ships involved in the missile strike were: 693 Dagestan, 021 Grad Sviyazhsk, 022 Uglich, 023 Veliky Ustyug. https://www.rt.com/news/317864-russian-warships-missiles-launch/

6. For some reason my Kalibr cruise missiles aren't avoiding the no-navigation zone over Turkey, don't know why. Does this has something to do with the game mechanics?

7. Two things regarding the Il-20M Coot A. First, give it a radio callsign like you did with all the other units on Bassel Al-Assad. Second, set up a mission for the aircraft. A support mission with 4-5 referrence points, with the last referrence point very close to the first to create a rectangular mission-route, will do.

8. Loadouts for Russian aircraft in Syria. Russian Su-30SMs should fly their air-to-air sorties with the AA-10 Alamo C/R-27RE instead of the AA-12 Adder A/R-77. (1)(2)(3) Also, Su-34 in air-to-air configuration? You sure? You may also want to consider setting some of the aircraft to Maintainance/Unavailable. A 100% availability rate is a little optimistic, don't you think?

9. In your scenario, Syrian Pantsir-S1E are placed around the Russian Airbase. In fact, Russia has deployed its own SA-22 Greyhound/Pantsir-S1 batteries to guard Bassel Al-Assad.

I haven't taken a look on things like events or scoring yet. There is already quiet some stuff. Honestly speaking, the scenario appears to be in very early BETA as lot of stuff has to be done. I like the idea of the scenario, it just needs improvements in and fine tuning in a couple of areas. Keep up your efforts and work! If I can help you with anything let me know!

Regards, Supreme

This is tremendous feedback. Much appreciated. I will once again go point by point.

1. I explained this on my previous reply as well. Having ships alone was just too simple that's why I resorted to add additional air units. Maybe I could split the scenario. Have 2 different ops one with the ship strike and another with the RuAF force.

2. Went in to this on the reply above too. I will make sure to remove unneeded units. Will do a clean up of useless units in the Caspian Sea. Reducing the airbase unit's is another thing that I didn't think of. Good idea. Will take that in to consideration too.

3. Not sure how to add Civilians. Could require some assistance in this regard. The cities that are marked like Astrakhan are meant to showcase the Caspian Fleet ports. So the player get's immersed as all the significant ports are on the map.

4. Good points. So far I only added unit's through the add unit button. How do I get these specific DBID listed units you have specified? Good point about adding the mount to the ship. Will do that too.

5. Honestly I just couldn't find the UI section to name unit's especially wanted to name the Groups too. Very useful ship names listed. Will add them to the scenario

6. No idea about this. I am actually waiting for the waypoint ordered cruise missiles which will be added to Command. To accurately simulate the flight path of the cruise missiles. Since they completely avoided Turkish Airspace.

7. I overlooked this one. Will add a callsign. Good idea on a mission too.

8. Nice information on the loadout for the Su-30's. To my knowledge SU-34's are fighter bombers and I wanted the player to have them in their control. They seem to be the best tech on the ground and that's why I thought the player should have access to them. Would be open to other ideas of what Russia would actually use for Air to Air. Not sure on how to add maintainance and availability factors to units. What would this accomplish?

9. Good point. It was one of the things I added the earliest. Will fix that one.

Thanks for your feedback. I think these 2 feedback posts were very valuable. I am a bit busy this week but will try to get a 0.6 version out there as soon as I can. Fixing the most obvious of issues first.

< Message edited by Death6 -- 11/16/2015 8:35:13 PM >

Post #: 11
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.5 - 11/17/2015 12:35:43 AM   
Vici Supreme

quote:

3. Not sure how to add Civilians. Could require some assistance in this regard. The cities that are marked like Astrakhan are meant to showcase the Caspian Fleet ports. So the player get's immersed as all the significant ports are on the map.

Simply create an own side or faction and name the side Civilian or Neutral. This side should host civilian settlements, commercial air traffic, maritime shipping and so on.

quote:

4. Good points. So far I only added unit's through the add unit button. How do I get these specific DBID listed units you have specified? Good point about adding the mount to the ship. Will do that too.

Unfortunatly you won't find anything using these IDs. You have to search the platform by their names like "SKR Dagetan [Pr.1166.1K]". You will see the specific DBID left of the units name once you selected an entry in the DB viewer. It's just a personal preference of mine to quote the DBID when talking about DB platforms so nobody gets it wrong.

quote:

5. Honestly I just couldn't find the UI section to name unit's especially wanted to name the Groups too. Very useful ship names listed. Will add them to the scenario

Umm, not sure if I understand? In case you don't know how to rename placed units, simply select the intended unit and press R. Works with single units as well as with groups.

quote:

8. Nice information on the loadout for the Su-30's. To my knowledge SU-34's are fighter bombers and I wanted the player to have them in their control. They seem to be the best tech on the ground and that's why I thought the player should have access to them. Would be open to other ideas of what Russia would actually use for Air to Air.

Yes, the Fullbacks are probably the most potent Russian Air-to-Ground effectors in Syria.

quote:

Not sure on how to add maintainance and availability factors to units. What would this accomplish?

When opening the loadout menu you can select (Maintenance [Unavailable]). What it would accomplish? Simply nothing... It just simulates aircraft under maintenance, due to whatever reason, and therefore not available for operation.

Sure, let me know if I can help you out with something.

< Message edited by Supreme 2.0 -- 11/17/2015 1:36:43 AM >

(in reply to Death6)
Post #: 12
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.6 - 11/17/2015 9:46:58 PM   
Death6

Hello guys. Instead of studying for my midterms I concluded spending time developing this scenario on Command was a more sane decision. So with all the amazingly detailed and helpful feedback that propelled me to push for a new version I present you 0.6! It is attached to this post.

There is still a long way to 1.0 but I think we are in the right direction thanks to your help!

< Message edited by Death6 -- 11/18/2015 2:15:13 PM >

Post #: 13
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.65 - 11/18/2015 4:45:38 AM   
Death6

v0.65

Added a few more changes.

New better main targets to hit
Added a few missing events
Grouped several IS units
Spread out IS targets in Ar-Raqqah
Edited the Briefing according to the changes
Added new targets to the main cruise missile strike mission
Changed some mission waypoints
Added delay on a mission

0.65 attached to this post.

< Message edited by Death6 -- 11/20/2015 4:04:45 AM >

(in reply to Death6)
Post #: 14
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.65 - 11/18/2015 7:27:06 PM   
magi

welcome to Command and thank you for making scenarios for me to play with.....

(in reply to Death6)
Post #: 15
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.65 - 11/18/2015 7:49:43 PM   
Death6

quote:

ORIGINAL: magi

I really appreciate the interest in new scenarios. I thought since I am a newbie in this people wouldn't want to try out my scenario. I am already making some changes towards version v7. I just need more feedback to make it happen. All the help is appreciated magi!

(in reply to magi)
Post #: 16
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.65 - 11/18/2015 8:29:53 PM   
magi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Death6

quote:

I really appreciate the interest in new scenarios. I thought since I am a newbie in this people wouldn't want to try out my scenario. I am already making some changes towards version v7. I just need more feedback to make it happen. All the help is appreciated magi!

ok..... ill try it now....

(in reply to Death6)
Post #: 17
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.65 - 11/18/2015 10:48:02 PM   
Vici Supreme

Brace yourself! Still got plenty stuff to suggest

(in reply to magi)
Post #: 18
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.65 - 11/18/2015 11:48:35 PM   
Death6

WIP changes on 0.7 so far listed below. It's still in progress awaiting more feedback.

Reduced the capabilities of the surprise force by %50.
Fixed a unit name typo.
Fixed the SU-34 Load Outs.
Gave the player a few more air units that were reserve before.
Introduced a standardised CMANO scenario description.
Reduced point damage for losing Air Units slightly.
Took off repetetion chance for Latakia Airbase being damaged. It can be damaged once and points will be subtracted once.
Changed some load outs on some other Air units.
Added S-300 to Latakia AA Defense.

quote:

Brace yourself! Still got plenty stuff to suggest

Looking forward to it. Yours and Skjolds feedback has been very valuable.

< Message edited by Death6 -- 11/20/2015 4:08:23 AM >

Post #: 19
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.65 - 11/20/2015 3:03:18 AM   
Death6

Hey guys 0.7 is out!

Everything listed above is included +

Text edit on Description.
New surprise added to IS.
Naming fixed on 3 IS units.
Trigger+Action=Event created for new surprise.
Reduced 1 SA-22 unit from the Latakia Airbase
Removed some IS unit's at a place and added them to somewhere else.

It is attached to this post and the OP.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Death6 -- 11/20/2015 4:03:32 AM >

(in reply to Death6)
Post #: 20
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.65 - 11/20/2015 4:40:22 AM   
magi

i havent played the update....

in the briefing.... you need to give some Intel on red force... there can some ambiguous info....
the russians need a more balanced force for their missions... per doctrine....
more recon assets... some more standoff loadouts... sead/dead stuff...
none of the assigned aircraft would go to their assigned missions...
i deleted all your missions....

< Message edited by magi -- 11/20/2015 5:59:47 AM >

(in reply to Death6)
Post #: 21
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.7 - 11/20/2015 12:28:13 PM   
Death6

quote:

i havent played the update....

in the briefing.... you need to give some Intel on red force... there can some ambiguous info....
the russians need a more balanced force for their missions... per doctrine....
more recon assets... some more standoff loadouts... sead/dead stuff...
none of the assigned aircraft would go to their assigned missions...
i deleted all your missions....

Could you expand on that? What is ambiguous about the IS targets?

More balanced force? per doctrine? Care to explain it a bit further? Is the Russian force not suited for their jobs? The main task of the Russian side is to destroy the main targets with Cruise missiles anything else is secondary and emergent gameplay after that. You don't have to engage the MiG-21 force or the Surprise attack but you get bonus points for doing so while avoiding more point penalties.

Russia has a good amount of recon assets. First of the Il-20A is your main recon asset which you must take care of and use wisely to gain more intelligence on the IS. Secondly you have a lot of Radar and EW sections in your disposal who help detect significant elements of the hidden IS force.

Stand off load outs? Could you elaborate? SEAD and DEAD is up to the player. What weapons would you recommend?

All missions are inactive on purpose. This is so the player dictates the tempo and moves. They can activate the missions and ready the aircraft to make them happen. There are 4 on the Russian side. All of them work at least on my end.

Thanks for your feedback magi. Looking forward to hearing more details!

< Message edited by Death6 -- 11/20/2015 2:16:31 PM >

(in reply to magi)
Post #: 22
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.7 - 11/21/2015 4:39:39 AM   
magi

(in the briefing.... you need to give some Intel on red force... there can some ambiguous info...) a military briefing should have some intel information on the enemy... disposition.. intent.. composition... etc.... not all of it has to be accurate... some can be estimates.... you can probably find examples of russian pre strike briefings... you can check some of gunners briefings... he is a canadian x nato guy....

strike doctrine.... recon/intel target aeras.... fighter sweeps & escorts... supression of defenses... ballenced strike packages per targets... etc...

this version .7 is better... the 4 each su-30's with the as-22 standoff loadout is better... and sone better loadout on the strikers...

the only thing i added was a su-24mr fencer to speed up recon of target areas....

i would like another hour or too off game time.... playing this now..... im very slow.... oh well....

(in reply to Death6)
Post #: 23
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.7 - 11/21/2015 12:10:04 PM   
Death6

quote:

(in the briefing.... you need to give some Intel on red force... there can some ambiguous info...) a military briefing should have some intel information on the enemy... disposition.. intent.. composition... etc.... not all of it has to be accurate... some can be estimates.... you can probably find examples of russian pre strike briefings... you can check some of gunners briefings... he is a canadian x nato guy....

strike doctrine.... recon/intel target aeras.... fighter sweeps & escorts... supression of defenses... ballenced strike packages per targets... etc...

this version .7 is better... the 4 each su-30's with the as-22 standoff loadout is better... and sone better loadout on the strikers...

the only thing i added was a su-24mr fencer to speed up recon of target areas....

i would like another hour or too off game time.... playing this now..... im very slow.... oh well....

Thanks for explaining it further magi. I shall improve on the intel section of the briefing with the parameters mentioned.

I will also look in to improving the load outs better. I still want the player to not have the ideal force to counter at %100 though. So partially I will boost more compatible load outs for targets.

About doctrine. There are a few missions but they are basic and simple. The rest is for the player to create and apply.I just set up a few guideline missions. The player is in charge of doing his own to be more effective.

The SU-24mr is a good idea. Will look in to adding that. I could add another hour to the mission.

Appreciate the feedback magi. Will return with a 0.75 version as soon as I can.

(in reply to magi)
Post #: 24
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.7 - 11/21/2015 4:20:34 PM   
Vici Supreme

Hi,

I think this could be of interest for you and your scenario. I was able to identify Russian radars and pinpoint their approximate location at Bassel Al-Assad Air Base. I used Google earth, several photos from the internet and a PGW layer. Hope this helps!

Supreme

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Death6)
Post #: 25
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.7 - 11/21/2015 5:39:10 PM   
Death6

quote:

Hi,

I think this could be of interest for you and your scenario. I was able to identify Russian radars and pinpoint their approximate location at Bassel Al-Assad Air Base. I used Google earth, several photos from the internet and a PGW layer. Hope this helps!

Supreme

Thanks for that one. I will take a look.

For the Russian units I used this source

https://rusi.org/publication/rusi-defence-systems/detailing-russian-forces-syria

Post #: 26
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.7 - 11/21/2015 6:29:11 PM   
magi

I think I can win with what I have with .7..... But haven't played it out yet.....

(in reply to Death6)
Post #: 27
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.7 - 11/22/2015 2:28:51 PM   
Death6

Take your time. I will start working on version v8 as soon as I can. I do have a busy week ahead.

< Message edited by Death6 -- 11/22/2015 3:29:09 PM >

(in reply to magi)
Post #: 28
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.8 - 11/23/2015 2:18:46 AM   
Death6

0.8 is released!

Changelog:

Added Enemy Forces section to the Briefing.
Added Credits section to the scenario description.
Extended mission length by an hour.
Improved load outs for several Russian Aircraft.
Added a single SU-24MR for more recon capabilities.
Deleted the Tabqa AB for realism purposes.
Upgraded Jirah AB. Historically this is where some 'things' actually happened.
Added 4 new unit types to IS.
Changed location of 2 main targets of IS.
Added a new mission for IS.
Added Events for all new unit types and the Jirah AB.
Did some balancing for IS adding some new units and removing some old ones.
Added 2 more Civilian cities.
Renamed all main IS targets with geographic tags.
Fixed a Russian mission.
Set a IS unit to lowest Unit Proficiency (Novice)
Made the second Il-20A reserve.

Scenario is attached to the OP and this post.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Death6 -- 11/23/2015 3:18:56 AM >

(in reply to Death6)
Post #: 29
RE: Operation Reclaimed Might v0.8 - 11/24/2015 7:09:53 AM   
Death6

Hello guys.

I am expecting feedback on the overall mission but I do want focused feedback on the scoring and point system. Do all the events work and trigger correctly?

Thanks for your help and attention so far!

< Message edited by Death6 -- 11/24/2015 10:17:33 AM >

(in reply to Death6)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Operation Reclaimed Might, 2015 Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI