Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 4/23/2001 11:27:00 AM   
Greg McCarty

quote:

Originally posted by David Heath: Hi Blackbird As well as anyone else that was having problems with the online store. Please try it again. We have added a lot of new shipping options that should make the game a lot cheaper to order.
I'm genuinely curious as to why the shipping costs are so magnified once the product reaches Europe. I mean, why are we talking prices in the range of $50.00 for a little light-weight parcel like a CD? Lord, for $30.00 I could probably get an 18 lb. bowling ball shipped from coast to coast next day air. What is going on over there? --a $5.00 graft-at-gunpoint charge every time this poor CD crosses a border? :D Awright, I'm just kidding, but what gives?

Greg.

It is better to die on your feet
than to live on your knees.

--Zapata

(in reply to Paulus Pak)
Post #: 31
- 4/23/2001 1:03:00 PM   
Graf Speer

In the many years I have been involved to one degree or another with seven wargaming entreprises, MATRIX is the first gaming company to communicate...period...openly, actively. I've never known of any gaming company to outline its plan, seek the support of gamers in a personal way, be online to answer questions and offer help, to listen and respond to complaints, problems or bugs...and ACTUALLY do something about it. At least for me this is a first. It is one of the things that makes Matrix Games a very special place to be. Hi Wild Bill and Matrix Games, What WB has so very eloquently expressed is precisely the message I too seized upon some time ago and will continue to 'preach' in other forums. If no other companies come to the Matrix light, I can be comforted to observe no remorse, because, thank god and determined grognards all, there is Matrix 'standing like a stonewall' and holding the high ground! Albert [ April 23, 2001: Message edited by: Graf Speer ]

(in reply to Paulus Pak)
Post #: 32
- 4/24/2001 4:31:00 PM   
Jody

quote:

Originally posted by Blackbird: If I could get it for $20, I would preordered it already. But I'm guessing it would cost $50+ to get it here and that's way too much.
I live in Australia and SPWAW 5 & the Mega Campaign cost me $90 Australian. And I am proud to say I would pay much more than that for what is arguably the finest war game ever made. Why is it that peple winge when they are asked to DONATE some cash for time given freely to honour us with such game. Makes me MAD

"Up the Gut's, Heaps Of Smoke Don't Spare The Casualties"

(in reply to Paulus Pak)
Post #: 33
- 4/25/2001 5:01:00 AM   
Blackbird

If I were rich I'd given them some money. But, I'm not. And why should I give away $50, from which Matrix guys will get less than $20?

(in reply to Paulus Pak)
Post #: 34
- 4/25/2001 8:36:00 PM   
11Bravo

I just ordered my copy. Been playing version 4.5 for a few days and having a blast. I have been real impressed with both the game, Matrix, and the gaming community interacting on this forum. Can't wait for the CD to arrive. In the meantime I will reread the manual and practice some scenerios. 11Bravo over,

Squatting in the bush and marking it on a map.

(in reply to Paulus Pak)
Post #: 35
- 4/26/2001 1:59:00 AM   
Waylander

I preordered the game and the T-Shirt,(living in Thailand so 80US$++) and I am just about to order a second copy as my ozzie mate sent me some excellent stuff on the last A7V now in Brisbane museum. I have seen posts here on "wow 50$ thts too much". Maybe I am missing some point here, but as I see it a bunch of guys who love this game are giving their time and effort with nothing in monetary return to give us (a bunch of guys who love this game) something that, in todays focus on publishing deals and merchandising, is quite frankly really special. Instead of crying over the postage (Yes you know who you are..you...you.. garrison troops!!!) you should be down on your knees underneath david heaths desk!!. To David, Paul, Wild bill and all the others behind the scenes Thanks humbly for the gaming experience that I have waited for since my first Apple II back in 1981. Keep up the great work guys. waylander ;) :D :D :D

"You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory. Victory at all costs. Victory in spite of all terrors. Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival."

(in reply to Paulus Pak)
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI