Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Interactive Tutorial 17 Naval Movement

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School >> Interactive Tutorial 17 Naval Movement Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Interactive Tutorial 17 Naval Movement - 11/28/2015 6:47:41 PM   
Kimse123

I've got a problem.
Load Transports: Pass through Port

I control LC the 1 Seabox in Bay of Biscay.
I press OK
I move the mouse to Pembroke, and I hold ctrl and LC
LC the amph, Lc load the unit chose the 6-4 inf, press ok, LC the amph and then ok
then i move the cursor to liverpool and lc....

I cant move that far it says, the only thing i can do is set the amph with the land unit to rest in pembroke.

What am i doing wrong. I think this is supposed to show me how to pick up a unit in a port and transport it to another port, but i cant get it to work.
Post #: 1
RE: Interactive Tutorial 17 Naval Movement - 11/29/2015 3:31:29 AM   
Courtenay

quote:

ORIGINAL: kimsand

I've got a problem.
Load Transports: Pass through Port

I control LC the 1 Seabox in Bay of Biscay.
I press OK
I move the mouse to Pembroke, and I hold ctrl and LC
LC the amph, Lc load the unit chose the 6-4 inf, press ok, LC the amph and then ok
then i move the cursor to liverpool and lc....

I cant move that far it says, the only thing i can do is set the amph with the land unit to rest in pembroke.

What am i doing wrong. I think this is supposed to show me how to pick up a unit in a port and transport it to another port, but i cant get it to work.

For quite a while this was broken, but it has been fixed. However there is one bit of strangeness about the whole procedure:
When you use the cntl-left click to move into the port, first you select the transport. This puts a blue box around the icon for the transport on the screen. The click on load, and select the unit, and click OK. This will return you to the select transport screen. Yes, I know you have do all that. Now comes the very strange, non-obvious part. Click on the transport again, to unselect it. This will remove the blue box from around the transport. Now exit the select transport screen. You will be able to move on at this point, if you the latest beta release has the fix. (I think it does.)

Having to unselect the transport makes no sense, and it took me a while to figure out why I could sometimes get moving transports through a port to work, but usually not. However, I now can. I just make sure that no transport is selected when I leave the choose transport screen.

Again, I hope that the public beta has caught up with the beta tester's release; last month this did not work at all. (It did work before October of last year, but that is another story....)

I thought I knew how to play this game....

(in reply to Kimse123)
Post #: 2
RE: Interactive Tutorial 17 Naval Movement - 11/29/2015 10:37:05 AM   
Kimse123

TY very much... :)

This is a monster. You are being guided quite a bit, by the game forcing you through the different phases of the sequence of play, and that is OK. But HOW you do different things needs a bit of work with an interface design person.

Things like moving, loading, doing all the different things, it should processwise be much simpler. The trade network and how to set it up, is just a mess. Some dropdown controls would have been better. But the game keeps evolving so lets see.

But i must say, even though there is no AI (YET), it is obvious that the programmer has done a huge effort to get this on the right track.

< Message edited by kimsand -- 11/29/2015 11:37:48 AM >

(in reply to Courtenay)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School >> Interactive Tutorial 17 Naval Movement Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI