Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ice Fishing on Ladoga

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> Tech Support >> Ice Fishing on Ladoga Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ice Fishing on Ladoga - 12/1/2015 10:02:04 PM   
JervisBay

Just 1 quick play-through so far. Brilliant work with lots of replayability. The only odd thing I've noticed is that if you move units onto frozen lakes, like Ladoga, (OK, so don't, but you can), they go out of supply and die of starvation in sight of shore. If they're too close to the enemy to use the Transport card then there seems to be no way of rescuing them.

Also, German morale sinks very low in Winter, understandably, but this is so even if the Soviets are in effect already defeated and not counter-attacking. Do you think there should be an uplift/fall to the morale of all units in the theatre when a political, red-dot, city is taken (by either side) - perhaps in proportion to its VP value?

In the same vein it would be neat to have a decision to make some preparations for winter without approval - perhaps at the risk of getting rebuked by Berlin. From what I have heard there were some winter supplies available but they were not prioritised for distribution - but others will know much more than me.

One other thought is that having a bad relationship with another personality can have serious consequences, but there's no way to pro-actively repair the relationship other than to wait for decisions that affects them. Should there be a regular 'flatter so-and-so' decision for those who you don't get on with, at a PP cost and without a guarantee of success, to represent sending them some schnapps?

Also, the propaganda decisions are fun, but a bit expensive in PP - from what I can glean from Deutsche Wochenshau the propaganda people were more interested in showing small unit actions than filming generals and so might have been a nuisance at a divisonal level.

Great Job. Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Ice Fishing on Ladoga - 12/2/2015 7:18:10 AM   
Vic

Thanks for the feedback Jervis!

Quick question: What version did you start your game with? v1.0c (the release day patch?) or the unpatched version?

If you are not sure please send me a savefile of your game to vic@xs4all.nl

Best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to JervisBay)
Post #: 2
RE: Ice Fishing on Ladoga - 12/2/2015 1:20:13 PM   
JervisBay

The title page says v1.0 top left, bought on release day.

I should have mentioned that the AI is noticeably better now at avoiding and escaping from pockets.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 3
RE: Ice Fishing on Ladoga - 12/2/2015 1:25:01 PM   
Tac2i

The current version is v1.0c. Run the Check for Update.

quote:

ORIGINAL: JervisBay

The title page says v1.0 top left, bought on release day.

I should have mentioned that the AI is noticeably better now at avoiding and escaping from pockets.

Tac2i (formerly webizen)

(in reply to JervisBay)
Post #: 4
RE: Ice Fishing on Ladoga - 12/2/2015 1:47:52 PM   
zakblood

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3976280

a guide to settings

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3973404

basic guide to install and update

< Message edited by zakblood -- 12/2/2015 2:48:56 PM >

(in reply to Tac2i)
Post #: 5
RE: Ice Fishing on Ladoga - 12/3/2015 12:04:20 AM   
lancer

Hi JervisBay,

Ice fishing is a dangerous occupation but the latest upgrade should ensure you don't run out of Tim Tams while hanging around.

German morale sinks in winter. I'm not sure, if I was freezing in a foxhole in my summer uniform, that knowing that the German Army was within sight of the Kremlin would warm me up.

There's a way to deal with this, however. Command Focus. Officer Cards. 'Inspire Troops'. It'll improve morale for all subordinate Divisions. Very useful in the winter.

Winter clothing and equipment is a whole mini-game in itself with a lot of decisions. You can read about in the manual in section 11.2 Winter.

Making an unauthorised decision to take matters into your own hands would have probably seen you being fired given Hitler's views on the matter at the time.

Poor relations. Whenever you've got problems, past a certain point, with key characters, decisions will trigger that allow you to improve things.

These are probability based as to when they occur so they might appear sooner or later. Kind of like finding the right moment to tell your better half about your gambling, drinking, womanising ways. It might take some time...

Cheers,
Cameron

< Message edited by lancer -- 12/3/2015 1:06:48 AM >

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> Tech Support >> Ice Fishing on Ladoga Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI