Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to restart a scenario from scratch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> How to restart a scenario from scratch Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to restart a scenario from scratch - 12/26/2015 5:52:27 PM   
NeilofWatford

Please forgive the dumb question from a novice, but I've had a go at Stand Up 2011 and got trashed. I'd now like to play it again from the beginning, but when I load it from the 'load scenario' dialogue it takes me back to where I left the game.

I've reset the losses/expenditures and score, but unfortunately some of my units are still missing.

Any help gratefully received.

< Message edited by NeilofWatford -- 12/26/2015 6:53:30 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: How to restart a scenario from scratch - 12/26/2015 6:56:49 PM   
Randomizer

You need to go to "Start New Scenario" - Stand alone scenarios - Stand Up 2011 - Load Selected.

Of course if you do this and are still getting the scenario in progress, that likely means that you somehow overwrote the original scenario, probably while playing in the Editor mode.

-C

< Message edited by Randomizer -- 12/26/2015 7:57:12 PM >

(in reply to NeilofWatford)
Post #: 2
RE: How to restart a scenario from scratch - 12/27/2015 9:09:40 AM   
NeilofWatford

Ah, thanks. Tried that, so looks like I've overwritten it. Is there anyway to restore it ? I guess this may be a common issue for novices so a 'restore to default' function would be useful.

I've no doubt this will be the first of many errors I'll make - it's how we learn

(in reply to Randomizer)
Post #: 3
RE: How to restart a scenario from scratch - 12/27/2015 9:59:14 PM   
jimcarravall

quote:

ORIGINAL: NeilofWatford

Ah, thanks. Tried that, so looks like I've overwritten it. Is there anyway to restore it ? I guess this may be a common issue for novices so a 'restore to default' function would be useful.

I've no doubt this will be the first of many errors I'll make - it's how we learn

If you overwrote with a save, you more than likely are opening the scenarios in the scenario editor (e.g. "load existing scenario") instead of the game itself (e.g. load new scenario; load saved game).

If you see an "editor" option on your top menu bar, be very careful about saving games in progress.

Unless you specify a different name for the save, you'll overwrite the original scenario.

I'm not aware of any place where you can find a Stand Alone Scenario other than what came with your original game software. Community scenarios are updated and revised on a regular basis from the Warfare Sims site (http://www.warfaresims.com/).

Take care,

jim

Post #: 4
RE: How to restart a scenario from scratch - 12/27/2015 11:49:46 PM   
Rory Noonan

Here is a .zip file with the Stand Up scenario and config settings. Unzip to your CMANO directory in the '...\scenarios\standalone scenarios' folder, overwriting when prompted.

As jimcarravallah said, be careful with clicking 'save' when you're in the editor mode

Attachment (1)

Post #: 5
RE: How to restart a scenario from scratch - 12/28/2015 9:10:34 AM   
NeilofWatford

Jim/Apache

Many thanks for this. I'd hate to think the Argentine Forces would get the better of me ;-)

Looks like I live to fight another day.

best regards

Neil

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> How to restart a scenario from scratch Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI