Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PAPER MANUALS

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> PAPER MANUALS Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PAPER MANUALS - 12/30/2015 9:26:38 AM   
siddious

Sorry if this has been brought up before ( apart from myself a couple of weeks ago ) but how are we now to know if the game comes with paper manual or not.

Before the changes to the purchasing prosses it was made very clear just what you were getting if going for the delivery of box,disk with order number and activation key on disk plus ethier ST (standered manual, CL collectors manual or DX a digital ( non paper ) manual.

I must be missing something because i just dont know if i will be getting an ST ,CL or DX with my game anymore ?

When playing a game i like to have the manual by my side for quick reference and if its a new game its a MUST, so if there is no manual will need to buy more ink for my printer and if i cant get my printer to work ( which is quiet often ) i will need to go to "print shop" and have it done there, now all this putting the price of the game up and up. I would be greatfull if someone could point out where i am going wrong here.EG: Do you get a 320 page hardback manual ( like i got here ) when buying BARBAROSSA anymore ? CL ? ST ? DX ? how am i to know ?
Post #: 1
RE: PAPER MANUALS - 12/30/2015 9:55:41 AM   
bazjak

I agree with you
I have had a couple of games that did not come with one
If i had know it did not come with a printed manual i would have just got the download only
Been waiting over a month now for BoB2
I only bought the physical version for the manual as it costs a fortune to print the dam things at home
Cant understand why ink is so expensive

(in reply to siddious)
Post #: 2
RE: PAPER MANUALS - 12/30/2015 10:37:56 AM   
VPaulus

quote:

ORIGINAL: siddious

Sorry if this has been brought up before ( apart from myself a couple of weeks ago ) but how are we now to know if the game comes with paper manual or not.

You can see it described under the Product Specs of each game:

Manual: PDF E-Book
No printed manual. Only the PDF.

Manual: PDF E-Book, Printed - Color
Will come with a printed color manual.

Manual: PDF E-Book, Printed - Black & White
On this case it's a printed B&W manual.

< Message edited by VPaulus -- 12/30/2015 11:38:20 AM >

(in reply to siddious)
Post #: 3
RE: PAPER MANUALS - 12/30/2015 12:43:36 PM   
siddious

Thanks for the quick reply VPaulus ( another romanesk inspiered user name ? :)

Oh i see it now, i was just expecting ( concidering the financial HIT ) for that info to be more prominently displayed, good to see it there instead of guessing if it comes with paper manual or not. I do fear ( dispite the incredable 320 page BARBAROSSA hard back ) that soon it will only be the PDF option there for bumping up the price of most of your games
for me at least, oh and bazjak there to i think, and so many more, i do hope you can still come up with manuals for a few years to come, but both steam and agod will never.

I dont suppose you know if the yet to come TIGERS,NAPPY,and close combat games etc come with or without ? Also "box upgrade" if there is a manual for that game will we get it as part of the upgrade ?

Hate to NEED to get myself an E-BOOK but simply will need one if i am not to miss out on future games.

As bazjak said why is ink so expensive ?

Oh and bazjak i would not worrie about about your game being late, i await 6 from matrix its just this time of year the post slows right down

Happy new year to all-apart from the ink companys :)

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 4
RE: PAPER MANUALS - 12/30/2015 1:16:07 PM   
Terl

quote:

ORIGINAL: bazjak

I agree with you
I have had a couple of games that did not come with one
If i had know it did not come with a printed manual i would have just got the download only
Been waiting over a month now for BoB2
I only bought the physical version for the manual as it costs a fortune to print the dam things at home
Cant understand why ink is so expensive

An idea for printing, though it still costs some is to go to an office supply store if you can. I have had Staples print mine before, I just put the pdf on a usb stick.

@siddious, you won't need an e-reader for the manual, just a pc with a pdf reader installed. I have used my kindle before for them though but the pc screen is bigger for my old eyes. It is handy too to just print a page here or there as needed. I just print the tutorial pages if it has one printed in the manual. Or the reference sheets...here and there stuff...

< Message edited by Terl -- 12/30/2015 2:18:07 PM >

(in reply to bazjak)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> PAPER MANUALS Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll