Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Odeske Gas Field War - First Act, 2017 -- new beta for testing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> The Odeske Gas Field War - First Act, 2017 -- new beta for testing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Odeske Gas Field War - First Act, 2017 -- new beta ... - 1/1/2016 3:06:51 AM   
Mgellis

Happy New Year, everyone. Here is a new beta for testing. A little squabble in the Black Sea. Please let me know what you think. As always, observations, suggestions, etc. are all welcome. Thanks!

Scenario withdrawn until revisions are completed.

< Message edited by Mgellis -- 1/3/2016 9:40:05 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: The Odeske Gas Field War - First Act, 2017 -- new b... - 1/1/2016 1:44:06 PM   
Coiler12

Played some of it. Still seems rough around the edges.

-Biggest glaring incident-nothing on Crimea. Given the whole point of retaking it in the first place, it seems off that it's a blank peninsula that NATO aircraft can fly over with complete impunity. This link shows an idealized Russian OOB which has a substantial deployment of fighters at Belbek in Crimea.
-The submarine torpedoes ran out of fuel long before they hit my ships-don't know if it's a bug or a WRA issue.
-A lot of the NATO planes are at the very edge of their range-the Turkish F-16s in particular kept having to turn back.
-I'd keep the edge of the AI air patrols west of the SA-21 range.
-Otherwise, still a good scenario.

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 2
RE: The Odeske Gas Field War - First Act, 2017 -- new b... - 1/1/2016 4:14:16 PM   
Mgellis

Version 2 uploaded, taking Colier12's suggestions into account. Russians now have a base at Belbek. A few other tweaks.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

(in reply to Coiler12)
Post #: 3
RE: The Odeske Gas Field War - First Act, 2017 -- new b... - 1/1/2016 6:36:02 PM   
AlexGGGG

Immediately after loading it, I think, shallow waters... diesels. I will just leave it there for the sake of prediction.

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 4
RE: The Odeske Gas Field War - First Act, 2017 -- new b... - 1/2/2016 6:40:48 PM   
AlexGGGG

Played through; nice one. One thing I would like to see though, are the reference points defining zone where I must stay, because 15 NM is pretty loosely defined. As I have sub threat in mind, to my stationary units, I would like to maintain screen at some distance, and without reference points, I'm never sure if I'm inside the designated area or not.

(in reply to AlexGGGG)
Post #: 5
RE: The Odeske Gas Field War - First Act, 2017 -- new b... - 1/3/2016 2:24:46 PM   
Mgellis

Done. Orders and formation modified to reflect newly added reference points. (Actually, the visible reference points are "conservative"--you could be a little outside them and still trigger the "on station" Events.) Patrol limit is now listed as 10 nm, and the formation has been tweaked so it is easier to keep the whole group inside the patrol zone. (Ships are all about 3-4 miles apart, and the formation is about 7-8 miles across, which may be a bit tight, but it is a surface group with no big carriers, etc.)

Version 3 will be uploaded shortly.

(in reply to AlexGGGG)
Post #: 6
RE: The Odeske Gas Field War - First Act, 2017 -- new b... - 1/3/2016 8:41:28 PM   
Mgellis

I think I need to work on this scenario for a while and revise some aspects of it, so I am going to withdraw it for now. I may post a new version in the future. Thanks to everyone for trying it out and providing feedback.

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 7
RE: The Odeske Gas Field War - First Act, 2017 -- new b... - 1/4/2016 5:29:13 AM   
aheadflank

I'm already waiting for the next release - really want to try it!

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> The Odeske Gas Field War - First Act, 2017 -- new beta for testing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI