Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Patton slaps Herman

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> After Action Reports >> RE: Patton slaps Herman Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Patton slaps Herman - 12/30/2015 6:05:59 PM   
Peltonx

quote:

ORIGINAL: loki100

well done in Italy - looks like you have more prisoners to collect from the coast? And a well managed offensive in Normandy

If he would have dropped the paras on the other side of the boot (1 rail line) he would have pocketed units with 10k-15k per division
instead of the ones that were alrdy down to 1k to 3k because of bombing.

I was surpised and thankfull he dropped them near Rome. He clearly already had a break through at Rome and all units were at 1 cv.

Really not sure what his thinking was, but I take the gift and start prepping for the Med invasion.

I do expect him to stay near the coast using the same exploit - operation Cobra from May 44 to May 45 completely historical

No down side the exploit so I do same.

As more and more people do it we can exploit it to be the flavor of the day as spam invasions were.

It get nerfed as all exploits do or it be a game killer as game will be boring copy cat games.

< Message edited by Pelton -- 12/30/2015 7:57:36 PM >

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 271
Monties mistakes saves 100,000 German trrops in Italy - 12/30/2015 6:07:53 PM   
Peltonx

Turn 55 VP’s this turn: -20 Total: -41 Manpower: 71,000 Arm Pts: 1,777,000

WA manage to take 3 hexes, but at a heavy cost. All of the WA air power continues to be used tactically. As Hitler promised the skies over Germany are clear.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Pelton -- 12/30/2015 7:10:46 PM >

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 272
RE: Monties mistakes saves 100,000 German trrops in Italy - 12/30/2015 6:09:28 PM   
Peltonx

German forces with draw to northern Italy and as with France all of the Allies airpower is used tactically.
Thankfully allies did not drop paras on eastern shore of Italy.
VP count pilling up.

Attachment (1)

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 273
RE: Monties mistakes saves 100,000 German trrops in Italy - 12/30/2015 6:33:11 PM   
Peltonx

I see your boys getting on boats

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 274
RE: Germans Retreating.... - 12/30/2015 7:59:21 PM   
HMSWarspite

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pelton

Lower ToE does require less fuel = more MP's

Its a WitE work around and works with this logistics system also-which means it will work with WitE 2.0

Why is this a 'work around'? You mention it (and reference WitE2) as if this is an exploit or defect. Perfectly sensible and logical effect and option: by keeping mobile units small, the fuel usage drops so the unit moves more on given supply. Of course, in RL the establishment would probably be reduced, and in game it stays the same, but the % ToE drops, but no biggy... A perfectly valid command decision. Of course, the combat effectiveness drops, but you pays your money and takes your pick.

I have a cunning plan, My Lord

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 275
RE: Patton slaps Herman - 12/30/2015 8:01:46 PM   
HMSWarspite

quote:

I do expect him to stay near the coast using the same exploit - operation Cobra from May 44 to May 45 completely historical

As more and more people do it we can exploit it to be the flavor of the day as spam invasions were.

It get nerfed as all exploits do or it be a game killer as game will be boring copy cat games.

Does the coastal bonus/debit apply when not landing then? I hadn't considered that. Needs a fix if so.

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 276
RE: Patton slaps Herman - 12/30/2015 8:48:47 PM   
Peltonx

quote:

ORIGINAL: HMSWarspite

quote:

Does the coastal bonus/debit apply when not landing then? I hadn't considered that. Needs a fix if so.

Some people can see the forest through the trees, but not any local people.

+1 for u bro

I love people like KWG. I play allot of games so I get to see it all.

I play a ton of games and people know me so they try and use every exploit in the book to win, some do.
But generally whatever exploit they use gets nerfed, begrudgingly some times by the powers that be

THINK WITE 2.0 using the same exploit hehehehehehehehehe/lol- drive to Leningrad.

Red

< Message edited by Pelton -- 12/30/2015 9:50:13 PM >

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to HMSWarspite)
Post #: 277
RE: Patton slaps Herman - 12/30/2015 9:22:30 PM   
HMSWarspite

quote:

quote:

quote:

+1 for u bro

I play a ton of games and people know me so they try and use every exploit in the book to win, some do.
But generally whatever exploit they use gets nerfed, begrudgingly some times by the powers that be

THINK WITE 2.0 using the same exploit hehehehehehehehehe/lol- drive to Leningrad.

Red

Now, now. Don't overplay your hand. This is the first time I have read of this, and so we need to ask if 2by3 has had it reported to them. If so, are there plans to review it? Unless they have, and the answer's no, there is no need to get negative... [/Patronise]

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 278
RE: Patton slaps Herman - 12/30/2015 11:02:49 PM   
KWG

From what I know so far I think air power has been modeled very well.

quote:

"...completely historical.... ".

I dont even know what that means any more.
Would that be under Hermann Goering Panzer Division in Normandy?

If you think it has been bad so far..... Iam making new changes in Allied Air Forces, to give you even more VPs

"The analysts point out that in June, July, August and September the 8th Air Force did a lot of tactical bombing, whereas in October the 8th Air Force engaged in exclusively on strategic targets."

In retrospect von Rundstedt regarded the St-Lo bombing as "the most effective, as well as the most impressive, tactical use of air power in his experience."

Model's suicide note stated the effectiveness of Allied Air Forces use of all the types of aircraft in tactical air power.

".... a report from Washington that General George C. Marshall was likely to propose taking the strategic bomber effort off Germany to some extent at least in order to contribute more to the immediate issue on the battlefield."

quote:

"I play a ton of games and people know me so they try and use every exploit in the book to win, some do.
But generally whatever exploit they use gets nerfed, begrudgingly some times by the powers that be"

Do people who drive faster than you drive recklessly too fast?

< Message edited by KWG -- 12/31/2015 3:35:48 AM >

"A word was said - a mare is standing by the fence."

Post #: 279
RE: Patton slaps Herman - 12/30/2015 11:10:26 PM   
KWG

quote:

"THINK WITE 2.0 using the same exploit hehehehehehehehehe/lol- drive to Leningrad. "

TOTAL AXIS AIRCRAFT AT START OF BARBAROSSA ? 2,700- 3,000

From my little knowledge and what numbers of German Aircraft are in the northern sector I would say you will have to, if you even want to see Leningrad's magnificent golden domes and spires on the horizon .

And if a player wants to move all 2,700 Axis aircraft to the northern sector..... thats FINE and should be open to the Player/Commander.
Super Walmart Depot will have no problem supplying them and all the AGN ground units... if you can find one open.

2,700? I have over 1,600 TRANSPORT aircraft in England alone. Over 9,000 bombers, fighters, fighter-bombers.

< Message edited by KWG -- 12/31/2015 2:49:06 AM >

(in reply to KWG)
Post #: 280
RE: Patton slaps Herman - 12/31/2015 2:18:30 AM   
KWG

quote:

quote:

well done in Italy - looks like you have more prisoners to collect from the coast? And a well managed offensive in Normandy

If he would have dropped the paras on the other side of the boot (1 rail line) he would have pocketed units with 10k-15k per division
instead of the ones that were alrdy down to 1k to 3k because of bombing.

I was surpised and thankfull he dropped them near Rome. He clearly already had a break through at Rome and all units were at 1 cv
Really not sure what his thinking was, but I take the gift and start prepping for the Med invasion.

I knew thats why you were always reconning my line on the east coast, waiting for the end run. As I can only drop para 5 hexs from my lines I dont see where that would have trapped so many divisions.
I guessed it would be easier moving my armor up the nice flat valley rather than the mountains.

I had two different invasions prepped for the east coast of Italy, to cut the rail, but other things came into play.

quote:

Where is the Luftwaffe? completely historical disbanded?

quote:

It get nerfed as all exploits do or it be a game killer as game will be boring copy cat games

Like when the Germans only sit in the trenches on defense and never attack unless its a clear advantage, you know like what the Germans did from May 44 to May 45

< Message edited by KWG -- 12/31/2015 3:31:56 AM >

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 281
RE: Patton slaps Herman - 12/31/2015 2:22:34 AM   
KWG

quote:

Thankyou,

I will let the ones on the coast go, someone has to live to tell the tale. and its easier to mover armor up the valley than thru the mountains.

I will post my Italian plans from the start. When the Med is finished.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 282
RE: Patton slaps Herman - 12/31/2015 2:38:47 AM   
Seminole

quote:

If you're expecting logical consistency you'll be left wanting.

(in reply to KWG)
Post #: 283
RE: Patton slaps Herman - 12/31/2015 10:28:36 AM   
Peltonx

quote:

ORIGINAL: Seminole

quote:

If you're expecting logical consistency you'll be left wanting.

logical consistency is what always happens in the end - some times it just takes longer then other as past history has shown.

ignoring the consistency at times is what we are left with.

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 284
RE: Patton slaps Herman - 12/31/2015 10:32:37 AM   
Peltonx

quote:

ORIGINAL: KWG

Ask them.

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to KWG)
Post #: 285
RE: Patton slaps Herman - 12/31/2015 10:34:20 AM   
Peltonx

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

+1 for u bro

Red

Now, now. Don't overplay your hand. This is the first time I have read of this, and so we need to ask if 2by3 has had it reported to them. If so, are there plans to review it? Unless they have, and the answer's no, there is no need to get negative... [/Patronise]

Lets stick to the facts and not get into personal attacks.

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

Post #: 286
RE: Patton slaps Herman - 12/31/2015 10:36:15 AM   
Peltonx

quote:

quote:

"THINK WITE 2.0 using the same exploit hehehehehehehehehe/lol- drive to Leningrad. "

TOTAL AXIS AIRCRAFT AT START OF BARBAROSSA ? 2,700- 3,000

From my little knowledge and what numbers of German Aircraft are in the northern sector I would say you will have to, if you even want to see Leningrad's magnificent golden domes and spires on the horizon .

And if a player wants to move all 2,700 Axis aircraft to the northern sector..... thats FINE and should be open to the Player/Commander.
Super Walmart Depot will have no problem supplying them and all the AGN ground units... if you can find one open.

2,700? I have over 1,600 TRANSPORT aircraft in England alone. Over 9,000 bombers, fighters, fighter-bombers.

I am guessing you have no idea what I am talking about?

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to KWG)
Post #: 287
trolls - 12/31/2015 10:39:51 AM   
Peltonx

quote:

From what I know so far I think air power has been modeled very well.

quote:

"...completely historical.... ".

I dont even know what that means any more.
Would that be under Hermann Goering Panzer Division in Normandy?

If you think it has been bad so far..... Iam making new changes in Allied Air Forces, to give you even more VPs

"The analysts point out that in June, July, August and September the 8th Air Force did a lot of tactical bombing, whereas in October the 8th Air Force engaged in exclusively on strategic targets."

In retrospect von Rundstedt regarded the St-Lo bombing as "the most effective, as well as the most impressive, tactical use of air power in his experience."

Model's suicide note stated the effectiveness of Allied Air Forces use of all the types of aircraft in tactical air power.

".... a report from Washington that General George C. Marshall was likely to propose taking the strategic bomber effort off Germany to some extent at least in order to contribute more to the immediate issue on the battlefield."

quote:

"I play a ton of games and people know me so they try and use every exploit in the book to win, some do.
But generally whatever exploit they use gets nerfed, begrudgingly some times by the powers that be"

artillery caused the most loses to ground forces. Not quotes, quotes did not make the top 10 and I did look closely as I drove.

Bombs from planes was not even a close 3rd.

< Message edited by Pelton -- 12/31/2015 1:41:21 PM >

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to KWG)
Post #: 288
RE: trolls - 12/31/2015 12:45:45 PM   
Peltonx

I respectfully ask that poeple not post again on my AAR's if your going to just troll.

Its boring replying to troll post after troll post.

KWG your more then welcome to keep posting.

But just stick to game data or start your own bias thread.

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 289
RE: trolls - 12/31/2015 3:41:17 PM   
RedLancer

I agree. Please respect Pelton's request.

This is an excellent AAR as both players are playing at the limit of the game which is very informative. Just because this style may not suit all it does not provide carte blanche to criticise other forum members.

Thanks.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 290
RE: trolls - 12/31/2015 4:56:15 PM   
KWG

quote:

ORIGINAL: Red Lancer

I agree. Please respect Pelton's request.

This is an excellent AAR as both players are playing at the limit of the game which is very informative. Just because this style may not suit all it does not provide carte blanche to criticise other forum members.

Thanks.

quote:

My comments were only in defense.

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 291
RE: trolls - 12/31/2015 6:05:59 PM   
Seminole

quote:

I can only drop para 5 hexs from my lines

Was there a change in one of the patches from the original 8 hexes distance mentioned in the manual?

(in reply to KWG)
Post #: 292
RE: trolls - 12/31/2015 6:18:29 PM   
RedLancer

@KWG - firstly my post was very generic and secondly I consider that trash talk is not trolling.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 293
RE: trolls - 12/31/2015 6:44:58 PM   
KWG

quote:

ORIGINAL: Seminole

quote:

I can only drop para 5 hexs from my lines

Was there a change in one of the patches from the original 8 hexes distance mentioned in the manual?

That was off the top of my head, it may be eight. Sounds right... based on Bridge too Far

< Message edited by KWG -- 12/31/2015 7:47:48 PM >

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 294
RE: trolls - 12/31/2015 6:46:34 PM   
KWG

quote:

ORIGINAL: Red Lancer

@KWG - firstly my post was very generic and secondly I consider that trash talk is not trolling.

Cool
I just wanted to make sure, dont want to rock the boat or offend anyone.

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 295
RE: trolls - 12/31/2015 8:14:02 PM   
KWG

quote:

KWG your more then welcome to keep posting.

But just stick to game data or start your own bias thread.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Is this the we need to talk speech....."I love you, Iam just not IN love with you"?
Bad week? ...... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=silJoHrXsIc

< Message edited by KWG -- 12/31/2015 9:59:22 PM >

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 296
T-56 - 1/1/2016 12:09:10 AM   
Peltonx

Turn 56 VP’s this turn: -19 Total: -60 Manpower: 63,000 Arm Pts: 1,688,000

Light fighting again on Normandy as WA attack just 2 hexes.

Attachment (1)

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to KWG)
Post #: 297
Cobra exploit - 1/1/2016 12:10:06 AM   
Peltonx

German forces with draw to northern Italy and as with France all of the Allies airpower is used tactically. A few units get pocketed here and there but all have less then 4,000 men as the other 12k have been killed by bombing.

I sent several panzer divisions to southern france and a few infantry to North Eastern Italian coast.

All replacements to Normandy.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Pelton -- 1/2/2016 2:18:07 AM >

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 298
RE: T-56 - 1/1/2016 1:23:40 PM   
KWG

quote:

German forces with draw to northern Italy and as with France all of the Allies airpower is used tactically

NO it was not, I bombed Railyards and fuel.

I forgot that we are under Martial Law....... YES, yes you are absolutely correct®

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 299
RE: Cobra exploit - 1/2/2016 1:20:07 AM   
Peltonx

Turn 58 VP’s this turn: -6 Total: -78 Manpower: 50,000 Arm Pts: 1,500,000

More of the same Cobra exploit with 20-30K men dead per turn because of bombing.

Attachment (1)

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> After Action Reports >> RE: Patton slaps Herman Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI