Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

v.5 vehicle break down roll

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> v.5 vehicle break down roll Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
v.5 vehicle break down roll - 4/27/2001 7:23:00 AM   
hhsohn

I was looking through the new manual, and in the terrain section the road hexes had a break down roll. Does anyone know the reason behind this? This seems strange to me as the clear hexes do not have same comments... :confused:

Post #: 1
- 4/27/2001 8:12:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Becasue you go twice as fast as on "open ground" if you go max movement on a road your chance of breakdown goes up. Thee is a "breakdown roll for all types f terrain, the notation is more properly "higher than normal breakdown roll" Tom or Mike can correct me if I'm wrong... ;) [ April 26, 2001: Message edited by: Paul Vebber ]

(in reply to hhsohn)
Post #: 2
- 4/27/2001 11:54:00 PM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by hhsohn: I was looking through the new manual, and in the terrain section the road hexes had a break down roll. Does anyone know the reason behind this? This seems strange to me as the clear hexes do not have same comments... :confused:
I just happen to be reading Armor Command and in his description of one of the moves of CCB, the author describes a tank running down the road where the shoulder of the road gives way. The tank then slides sideways into the ditch on that side of the road losing the tracks on both sides of the tank. A couple of hour repair job brought on by just running down a road. thanks, John.

(in reply to hhsohn)
Post #: 3
- 4/28/2001 12:33:00 AM   
stutzkalter

hi, why is there no (extra) breakdown roll for the hextype 'trees'? i.d.S. stutzkalter

"was ist der unterschied zwischen der sonne und dem führer? die sonne geht im osten auf, der führer geht im osten unter ;)" uwe timm

(in reply to hhsohn)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> v.5 vehicle break down roll Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI