v.5 vehicle break down roll (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

hhsohn -> v.5 vehicle break down roll (4/27/2001 7:23:00 AM)

I was looking through the new manual, and in the terrain section the road hexes had a break down roll. Does anyone know the reason behind this? This seems strange to me as the clear hexes do not have same comments... :confused:

Paul Vebber -> (4/27/2001 8:12:00 AM)

Becasue you go twice as fast as on "open ground" if you go max movement on a road your chance of breakdown goes up. Thee is a "breakdown roll for all types f terrain, the notation is more properly "higher than normal breakdown roll" Tom or Mike can correct me if I'm wrong... ;) [ April 26, 2001: Message edited by: Paul Vebber ]

john g -> (4/27/2001 11:54:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by hhsohn: I was looking through the new manual, and in the terrain section the road hexes had a break down roll. Does anyone know the reason behind this? This seems strange to me as the clear hexes do not have same comments... :confused:
I just happen to be reading Armor Command and in his description of one of the moves of CCB, the author describes a tank running down the road where the shoulder of the road gives way. The tank then slides sideways into the ditch on that side of the road losing the tracks on both sides of the tank. A couple of hour repair job brought on by just running down a road. thanks, John.

stutzkalter -> (4/28/2001 12:33:00 AM)

hi, why is there no (extra) breakdown roll for the hextype 'trees'? i.d.S. stutzkalter

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI