Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Uninstalled Pandora but still shows in Program List

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Pandora Series >> Tech Support >> Uninstalled Pandora but still shows in Program List Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Uninstalled Pandora but still shows in Program List - 2/24/2016 3:38:52 AM   
AndonSage

I wanted to purchase the Pandora expansion while it's on sale on Steam, so I redeemed my Steam key for Pandora. I went into Control Panel to Uninstall my current Pandora, but after doing that, it still shows in the program list. I don't want to install it from Steam until it's gone, so what do I need to do to remove the old installation from the program list?

"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once." - Robert A. Heinlein
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson
Post #: 1
RE: Uninstalled Pandora but still shows in Program List - 2/24/2016 6:34:47 AM   
zakblood

once purchased on steam but uninstalled it always stays on the list but greyed out, meaning owned buy not installed, this is normal for steam, if you mean you uninstalled it from windows and it's still there, then you have an error or left over files in your operating system, which while easier to fix, involves using another program to sort out, i use ccleaner as it removes junks files but there are many others on the internet which are also free to use and are 100% windows compatible.

for me find the install folder once you have uninstalled the game and remove it (also check mydocs folder for saves etc, making sure you then run the cleaner program as well, then with ccleaner but others do the same thing, do a registry clean, which removes all old reg files which no longer link to any install etc

good luck

(in reply to AndonSage)
Post #: 2
RE: Uninstalled Pandora but still shows in Program List - 2/24/2016 5:16:59 PM   
AndonSage

Yes, I originally had downloaded Pandora from Matrix/Slitherene, so I was uninstalling it from Windows, not Steam.

I've used CCleaner before, but was hoping there was an easier solution. I'm always leery about messing with the Windows registry.

Anyway, thanks for responding :)

"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once." - Robert A. Heinlein
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 3
RE: Uninstalled Pandora but still shows in Program List - 2/24/2016 5:34:29 PM   
zakblood

ccleaner is on the recommends windows apps and is 100% safe
https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/reviews

https://piriform.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204043824-Is-CCleaner-safe-to-use-

there maybe a another way, but unless a forum mod from this section replies, i don't know of one, as i'm a community mod only so just troll the forums looking to help others but don't have staff mod skills or knowledge base for each and every item / game or database to come back on, so you can always contact them and ask to be safe and be sure

Just open a tech support ticket or contact http://www.matrixgames.com/support/

(in reply to AndonSage)
Post #: 4
RE: Uninstalled Pandora but still shows in Program List - 2/24/2016 5:43:30 PM   
AndonSage

Oh, I know CCleaner is fine. Still makes me nervous using anything that changes the registry, though :)

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 5
RE: Uninstalled Pandora but still shows in Program List - 2/24/2016 6:00:10 PM   
zakblood

i've used it for years and as yet never used the back up feature, once certified my Microsoft, it must meet a certain standard but i know what you mean, those days are gone where i used to manually edit it myself, lol

(in reply to AndonSage)
Post #: 6
RE: Uninstalled Pandora but still shows in Program List - 2/24/2016 7:01:23 PM   
AndonSage

Well, using CCleaner on the Registry didn't remove it, so I had to go into the Tools option and use Delete.

At least it's gone now!

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 7
RE: Uninstalled Pandora but still shows in Program List - 2/24/2016 7:32:30 PM   
zakblood

so reinstalled ok as well?

(in reply to AndonSage)
Post #: 8
RE: Uninstalled Pandora but still shows in Program List - 2/24/2016 8:04:01 PM   
VPaulus

On a 64bit Windows, the uninstall Windows registry keys are on:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\

Usually you just need to delete the WIndows registry key regarding the game in order to remove from the Add/Remove Programs list.

On the case of Pandora (Slitherine/Matrix) is:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Pandora - First Contact1.00

Pandora (Steam):
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 287580

< Message edited by VPaulus -- 2/24/2016 8:05:06 PM >

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 9
RE: Uninstalled Pandora but still shows in Program List - 2/28/2016 5:19:08 AM   
AndonSage

quote:

ORIGINAL: zakblood

so reinstalled ok as well?

Yep, looks like it's fine :)

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Pandora Series >> Tech Support >> Uninstalled Pandora but still shows in Program List Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI