Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ETA of release of 5.0?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> ETA of release of 5.0? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ETA of release of 5.0? - 4/28/2001 9:25:00 AM   
MalleusDei

Approximately when is the estimated release date of the downloadable version of SPWAW 5.0? This weekend? A few days? A week? Two weeks?

Post #: 1
- 4/28/2001 9:56:00 AM   
Jeff Norton

Congrats on your first post!!!! Soon, I hope... Maybe do like the rest of us: 1) Make a Bee-line to a local food place and stock up. Just a plain fool for Recees Pieces and Doritos.... 2) Get the 'ol Mr. Coffee cleaned up and ready to go 3) If you don't do (2), stock up on the Adult beverages 4) If you don't do (3), stock up on the Cola of your choice 5) Spend some time with Wife/Sungiffigant Other/Family; they 'might' miss you in the weeks ahead 6) Make sure you have enough sick time saved up. (I still have 9 days left for the year...) 7) Concider a Power of Attorney for someone you trust. 8) *add your own suggestions* ( I thought I had the * important * stuff down) Modem at the wait, -Jeff ...We now return you to your local broadcast.

-Jeff
Veritas Vos Liberabit
"Hate America - love their movies" -Foos Babaganoosh - Anchor - Jihad Tonite

(in reply to MalleusDei)
Post #: 2
- 4/28/2001 10:12:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

It won't be this weekend, but it should be before next weekend. Thats as much as we can say. We are in the "finding golfballs" stage - try to predict how long it will take you to find a golf ball - troubleshooting and verifying the new setup. Several folks have family commitments this weekend, so we will not be doing any more until Monday. We know everyone is waiting, but we are taking our time and making sure we have as low a chacen as possible of bad things!

(in reply to MalleusDei)
Post #: 3
- 4/28/2001 10:32:00 AM   
McGib

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: We are in the "finding golfballs" stage - try to predict how long it will take you to find a golf ball
All depends on where you lost the golfball. If you lost it on a football/soccer field it shouldnt be too hard to find. :D

Ready Aye Ready

(in reply to MalleusDei)
Post #: 4
- 4/28/2001 11:25:00 AM   
MalleusDei

Paul, thanks a lot for the info! This means that the wife gets lots of attention THIS weekend. :) Jeff, I've been a wargamer a long time, so I have a large BOX of Reese's Pieces right behind me (I buy them in bulk at the local warehouse store) and there's enough caffeine in our house to keep most of my home town up all night. I used to be a SPWW2 player, but SPWAW seems to be a better version, so I have converted and am looking forward to 5.0. The OOB's in SPWAW aren't nearly as good as the ones in SPWW2 and I sure do miss spotter aircraft, but otherwise SPWAW rocks. :)

(in reply to MalleusDei)
Post #: 5
- 4/28/2001 7:32:00 PM   
murx

Re: This means that the wife gets lots of attention THIS weekend. Be careful - to much will make her think that from now on she will have even more attention from you while that isn't true at all after V5.0 is out :) murx

(in reply to MalleusDei)
Post #: 6
- 4/28/2001 8:58:00 PM   
Marder_MatrixForum

Lol! My girlfriend just read this post, now she wants more attention, too! Marder

"klotzen nicht kleckern"
(H.Guderian)

(in reply to MalleusDei)
Post #: 7
- 4/28/2001 11:33:00 PM   
kutalik

Yeah, I would be bummed by the delay but seeing as I have about 20 pages of thesis work to finish by May 1 -- probably way much for the better. Maybe we'll have to start a 12 step program after version 5's debut? Rommel's anonymous (RA) or something.

(in reply to MalleusDei)
Post #: 8
- 4/29/2001 4:19:00 AM   
troopie

RA can stand for Royal Artillery. But how will being stonked cure your addiction to SPWAW? ;) troopie

Pamwe Chete

(in reply to MalleusDei)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> ETA of release of 5.0? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI