ETA of release of 5.0? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

MalleusDei -> ETA of release of 5.0? (4/28/2001 9:25:00 AM)

Approximately when is the estimated release date of the downloadable version of SPWAW 5.0? This weekend? A few days? A week? Two weeks?

Jeff Norton -> (4/28/2001 9:56:00 AM)

Congrats on your first post!!!! Soon, I hope... Maybe do like the rest of us: 1) Make a Bee-line to a local food place and stock up. Just a plain fool for Recees Pieces and Doritos.... 2) Get the 'ol Mr. Coffee cleaned up and ready to go 3) If you don't do (2), stock up on the Adult beverages 4) If you don't do (3), stock up on the Cola of your choice 5) Spend some time with Wife/Sungiffigant Other/Family; they 'might' miss you in the weeks ahead 6) Make sure you have enough sick time saved up. (I still have 9 days left for the year...) 7) Concider a Power of Attorney for someone you trust. 8) *add your own suggestions* ( I thought I had the * important * stuff down) Modem at the wait, -Jeff ...We now return you to your local broadcast.

Paul Vebber -> (4/28/2001 10:12:00 AM)

It won't be this weekend, but it should be before next weekend. Thats as much as we can say. We are in the "finding golfballs" stage - try to predict how long it will take you to find a golf ball - troubleshooting and verifying the new setup. Several folks have family commitments this weekend, so we will not be doing any more until Monday. We know everyone is waiting, but we are taking our time and making sure we have as low a chacen as possible of bad things!

McGib -> (4/28/2001 10:32:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: We are in the "finding golfballs" stage - try to predict how long it will take you to find a golf ball
All depends on where you lost the golfball. If you lost it on a football/soccer field it shouldnt be too hard to find. :D

MalleusDei -> (4/28/2001 11:25:00 AM)

Paul, thanks a lot for the info! This means that the wife gets lots of attention THIS weekend. :) Jeff, I've been a wargamer a long time, so I have a large BOX of Reese's Pieces right behind me (I buy them in bulk at the local warehouse store) and there's enough caffeine in our house to keep most of my home town up all night. I used to be a SPWW2 player, but SPWAW seems to be a better version, so I have converted and am looking forward to 5.0. The OOB's in SPWAW aren't nearly as good as the ones in SPWW2 and I sure do miss spotter aircraft, but otherwise SPWAW rocks. :)

murx -> (4/28/2001 7:32:00 PM)

Re: This means that the wife gets lots of attention THIS weekend. Be careful - to much will make her think that from now on she will have even more attention from you while that isn't true at all after V5.0 is out :) murx

Marder_MatrixForum -> (4/28/2001 8:58:00 PM)

Lol! My girlfriend just read this post, now she wants more attention, too! Marder

kutalik -> (4/28/2001 11:33:00 PM)

Yeah, I would be bummed by the delay but seeing as I have about 20 pages of thesis work to finish by May 1 -- probably way much for the better. Maybe we'll have to start a 12 step program after version 5's debut? Rommel's anonymous (RA) or something.

troopie -> (4/29/2001 4:19:00 AM)

RA can stand for Royal Artillery. But how will being stonked cure your addiction to SPWAW? ;) troopie

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI