Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Movement stopped

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Tech Support >> Movement stopped Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Movement stopped - 3/10/2016 2:25:30 AM   
sambruzs

Cheers
If you are moving a 3 squad stack as a single entity... and you attempt (by accident) to enter a hex containing another squad.... thus creating an overstack situation. You lose movement ability of the entire stack, even if it has all its MF remaining.
Post #: 1
RE: Movement stopped - 3/11/2016 3:31:57 AM   
GregN

Have had the same happen - when I tried a move to a particular hex got a dialogue box telling me the move could not be made, but when I tried to select the units again and move to a legal hex the movement was done.

(in reply to sambruzs)
Post #: 2
RE: Movement stopped - 3/11/2016 11:52:56 AM   
Peter Fisla

Do you guys have a saved game file?

(in reply to GregN)
Post #: 3
RE: Movement stopped - 3/11/2016 4:23:49 PM   
GregN

I don't have a saved file, but I can recreate the situation every time.

Start a scenario like the Guards Counterattack, leave both players human, and click through to the first movement phase.
Select a Russian stack and move into the street adjacent to a German unit.
Hexes to the right and left of the German occupied hex are edged in white as legitimate movement options - but if you right click on the German occupied hex (yes it's an illegal move) the movement does not occur (of course).

The hex with the Russian units is still selected, the units still appear in the window, but the Russian squads in the unit window are no longer selected. Adjacent hexes are still outlined in white, but right clicking on those hexes do not result in movement. Left-clicking the Russian squads in the unit window to reselect and to complete the movement phase does not work. It appears that the movement is over for those units.

What I've found works is to left-click on a different hex entirely, then go back and left-click on the hex from which the illegal move was attempted, left-click and select the squads again, and then movement can be completed.

It is the type of problem that could frustrate someone learning the game and thinking they can enter into CC in the movement phase, and it would be better if moving to a legitimate hex could continue after attempting the disallowed move (the legitimate hexes remain highlighted), rather than selecting another hex entirely and coming back.

< Message edited by GregN -- 3/11/2016 4:31:40 PM >

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 4
RE: Movement stopped - 3/11/2016 7:44:46 PM   
Krys

quote:

ORIGINAL: GregN

What I've found works is to left-click on a different hex entirely, then go back and left-click on the hex from which the illegal move was attempted, left-click and select the squads again, and then movement can be completed.

It is the type of problem that could frustrate someone learning the game and thinking they can enter into CC in the movement phase, and it would be better if moving to a legitimate hex could continue after attempting the disallowed move (the legitimate hexes remain highlighted), rather than selecting another hex entirely and coming back.

I've had that happen a number of times. The solution that GregN describes has worked every time for me.

So many games...so little time...

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to GregN)
Post #: 5
RE: Movement stopped - 3/11/2016 8:16:55 PM   
Gerry4321

Same here.

(in reply to Krys)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Tech Support >> Movement stopped Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI