Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: zhuk-me, updates or issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: zhuk-me, updates or issues Page: <<   < prev  83 84 [85] 86 87   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: zhuk-me, updates or issues - 3/10/2016 8:25:19 PM   
ComDev

Thanks

The F-16V is already in there as 'F-16A Blk 20 Falcon -- Taiwan (Air Force), 2017, AN/APG-83'

Japanese E-2Ds are already there.

Added Osprey variant.

quote:

ORIGINAL: B52H

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

quote:

ORIGINAL: B52H

A few suggestions for some scenarios I am finally starting to build:

F-16V Viper

The F-16V Viper is an updated F-16 with the APG-83 AESA radar. Future operators may be the United States Air Force, Indonesian Air Force, Singapore Air Force, and Republic of Korea Air Force.

HV-22 Osrpey

The HV-22 Osprey is a replacement of the current United States Navy carrier onboard delivery aircraft. It will have a range of 1,150 miles with possibly the same sensors as the MV-22.

E-2D Hawkeye (Japan)

Japan ordered 4 E-2D Hawkeye aircraft in November 2014. It will more than likely have the same sensors as future United States Navy aircraft will have.

Need sources, pictures etc. Some of these may have already been implemented in the newest db.

Thanks!

Mike

F-16V: http://www.lockheedmartin.com/us/products/f16/versions.html http://defensetech.org/2015/10/23/new-f-16v-viper-makes-first-flight/

HV-22: http://news.usni.org/2015/04/02/navair-details-changes-in-navy-v-22-osprey-variant (Not many details yet)

E-2D (Japan): http://www.janes.com/article/51957/us-approves-e-2d-sale-to-japan

< Message edited by emsoy -- 3/10/2016 8:26:15 PM >

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

(in reply to B52H)
Post #: 2521
RE: zhuk-me, updates or issues - 3/10/2016 8:57:18 PM   
ComDev

Thanks Mark, added!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mgellis

While updating a scenario involving Chile, I realized some of her ships were missing. Here is what I could find out...

Sumner (FRAM II)

16 Ministro Zenteno (ex USS Charles S Sperry DD 697)
17 Ministro Portales (ex-USS Douglas H Fox DD 779)

Probably the same stats as the FRAM II Sumners sold to Brazil (DB #2849)

Operational dates: 1974-1998

02 O’Higgins (ex-USS Brooklvn CL 40)

Probably same statistics as the General Belgrano (also formerly a Brooklyn-class, DB #895)

Operational dates: 1951-1992

PTF 80 Guacolda

Pennant numbers: PTF-80 Guacolda; PTF-81 Fresia; PTF-82 Quidora; PTF-83 Tegualda
Tonnage: 134 t
Length: 36.2 m
Breadth: 5.6 m
Draught: 2.2 m
Propulsion: 2 diesel Mercedez Benz 839 Bb, 3200 HP
Speed: 32 knots
Range: 1200 naut. miles at 17 knots; 1500 miles at 15 knots
Complement: 20
Armament: 2 Bofors L/70 40mm (it looks like one is on the bow and the other on the stern), 4 TT 533mm
Sensors: Radars: Navigation One Decca 505. I band

Operational dates: 1962-1997

Thanks for considering these!

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 2522
RE: zhuk-me, updates or issues - 3/10/2016 8:58:52 PM   
ComDev

Thanks for the heads-up Are there any updates on this?

quote:

ORIGINAL: DESRON420

Defense News reports OTH missile for LCS deployments in CY 2016. Would post link but can't post links yet, so have quoted relevant parts for DB3K:

quote:

WASHINGTON — The US Navy’s push to increase the lethality of the littoral combat ship (LCS) is getting a major and somewhat unexpected boost with word that an over-the-horizon (OTH) surface-to-surface missile will be installed on-board the next LCSs to deploy.
Rear Adm. Pete Fanta, director of surface warfare at the Pentagon, issued a directive on Sept. 17 calling for the installation of an unspecified OTH missile aboard the Freedom and the Coronado, the next two LCSs scheduled for deployment. The Freedom is to deploy to the Western Pacific during the first quarter of calendar year 2016, while the Coronado is to follow in the second or third quarter.
“The objective is to install the OTH missile system aboard all in-service LCS deploying to forward operating stations starting in fiscal year 2016,” Fanta wrote in the directive, “as well as on all under-construction LCS prior to their commissioning ceremonies.”
Fanta’s directive does not mention a specific missile, but it’s understood from sources that the missiles for the initial installations will be the Boeing Harpoon and Kongsberg Naval Strike Missile (NSM).
The idea, sources confirmed, is to try out both kinds of missile on both LCS variants, each ship deploying with only one model of missile installed.
Fanta’s directive, in fact, notes that “full integration with the LCS combat system is not required. A stand-alone console or computer terminal capable of consummating an engagement is sufficient for initial fielding.”
The directive, to the Program Executive Officer for Littoral Combat Ships (PEO LCS) and Program Executive Officer for Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS) at the Naval Sea Systems Command, calls for the installation of “the maximum number of missiles possible within the space, weight, power and cooling margins available. The initial design should be able to spiral to an eventual goal of eight missiles per ship.”

(in reply to DESRON420)
Post #: 2523
RE: zhuk-me, updates or issues - 3/10/2016 9:21:11 PM   
ComDev

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skjold

This isnt critical since the scenario that will use this unit wont be released until DB 441, but in 1.09 you added a number of Swedish Sonobouys which is great but it seems like the SH 89 doesn't have its sonobouys.

"Det har ytspaningsradar, FLIR (forward looking infrared radar), utrustning för fällning av sonarbojar samt utrustning för analys av den information som sänds tillbaka från bojarna. "
Translation: It has surface search radar, FLIR, equipment for dropping of sonobouys and equipment for analysis of information from the sonarbouys.

Sources:
http://web.archive.org/web/20000226132118/http://www.hkpflj.mil.se/40/sh89.html (Web archive of a reallllly old version of the Swedish Armed Forces website.)

Thanks, Skjold.

Edit: removed the stuff with limited information and/or not so important to remove workload for you guys.

Updated, thanks!

(in reply to Skjold)
Post #: 2524
RE: zhuk-me, updates or issues - 3/10/2016 9:29:03 PM   
ComDev

quote:

ORIGINAL: AlanChan

I am working on refining installations for Japan SAM sites (until 2015), I got all unit name and location, but I found out the unit inside DB need update.

In the installation folder, Japan 2013 is mixed with PAC-2 and PAC-3 batteries. However, in real life, they have the PAC-2 company (or squadon or firing unit, depending on translation) and PAC-2/3 mix company. No pure PAC-3 company existed yet.

The PAC2/3 mix company have 3X PAC-2 launcher and 2X PAC-3 launcher. Note Each PAC-3 launcher only have 4 missiles. They brought 124 PAC-3 missiles in first batch, and acquiring more to covert all 24 AA companies. That means each company will only have 8 PAC-3 missiles until all companies have PAC-3 (probably until 2018). I do not have information about how many PAC-2 missiles each company have. But 40X PAC-3 per company is definitive overestimation.

Have updated the database entries, thanks!

(in reply to AlanChan)
Post #: 2525
RE: zhuk-me, updates or issues - 3/10/2016 9:30:04 PM   
ComDev

Thank you everyone!

quote:

ORIGINAL: ultradave

I just want to pipe in that I think its beyond amazing the support you guys provide. I can't imagine how many things have been added to the DB's since this first came out. And of course for the community for providing as much info as possible.

Fantastic support, guys. Most of them I'll never use but someone will or they wouldn't have asked :-) And it's nice to know it's all there to look at and learn about.

(in reply to ultradave)
Post #: 2526
RE: zhuk-me, updates or issues - 3/10/2016 9:31:04 PM   
ComDev

It seems the database is correct. Could be a scenario issue?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Supreme 2.0

Started replaying Give them Hell tonight. I just observed that the aviation magazine of platform #1212 - CVN 65 Enterprise is missing its AIM-120C-5 stock and is filled with 160 AIM-120D instead. This is probably not correct, right?

(in reply to Vici Supreme)
Post #: 2527
RE: zhuk-me, updates or issues - 3/11/2016 2:26:08 PM   
Vici Supreme

quote:

ORIGINAL: emsoy

Great job Supreme, very well done!

All suggested changes have been made to the database

Whooaa! Nice, thank you!

quote:

ORIGINAL: emsoy

It seems the database is correct. Could be a scenario issue?

quote:

Started replaying Give them Hell tonight. I just observed that the aviation magazine of platform #1212 - CVN 65 Enterprise is missing its AIM-120C-5 stock and is filled with 160 AIM-120D instead. This is probably not correct, right?

I remember back then, when I started the scenario, it was in fact a DB error. It was fixed with one of the next updates after I posted this. Everything is fine now.

(in reply to ComDev)
Post #: 2528
RE: zhuk-me, updates or issues - 3/11/2016 3:14:32 PM   
AlmightyTallest

Mention of ESSM 2 to counter ASBM's:

http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/2013IAMD/Horn.pdf

quote:

• ESSM Block 2 upgrade replaces the largely obsolete guidance section with a dual
mode Active/Semi-Active X-Band seeker capable of defeating future threat capabilities
within the existing envelope, including;
– Increased raid sizes and adverse environments including countermeasures.
– Threat types include; advanced ASCMs, ASBMs, surface and asymmetrical.

Another military declassified source indicating ESSM 2 is for use against ASBM's: http://www.dtic.mil/descriptivesum/Y2013/Navy/stamped/0604756N_5_PB_2013.pdf

Page 9:
quote:

5. ESSM Block 2 Risk Reduction: ESSM Block 2 upgrade is a cooperative effort between U.S Navy and NATO SEASPARROW Consortium Nations. ESSM Block 2
upgrade replaces the largely obsolete guidance section with a dual mode Active/Semi-Active X-Band seeker capable of defeating future threat capabilities within the
existing envelope, including; smaller signatures, increased raid sizes, and adverse environments including countermeasures. Threat types include; advanced Anti-Ship Cruise Missile (ASCM)s, Anti-Ship Ballistic Missiles (ASBMs), surface and asymmetrical.

Range quoted in excess of 25nm: http://www.militaryaerospace.com/articles/2015/04/essm-seasparrow-emd.html

quote:

The ESSM Block 2, scheduled for deployment with the Navy and allied navies in 2020, is a ship self-defense missile with a dual-mode X-band radar seeker than can engage enemy planes and missiles at ranges beyond 25 miles.

Ranges fall in line with this article indicating a change in air defense tactics: http://cimsec.org/peeling-back-the-layers-a-new-concept-for-air-defense/15222

quote:

The ESSM fits four to a VLS cell–quadrupling air defense capacity–while it’s range will be about 10-30 miles. It would thus engage incoming ASCMs at about the same range as electronic warfare (EW) jamming, deception, and decoy systems (depending on the ASCM’s altitude). This will make it possible for EW to reduce the number of interceptors expended, compared to today’s scheme in which EW is only used after interceptors have failed.

Interception test of a high diving supersonic target by an older ESSM system that is not upgraded with the ESSM 2 software:

http://www.spacewar.com/reports/ESSM_intercept_of_high_diving_threat_proves_expanded_defensive_capability_999.html

quote:

Raytheon's Evolved SeaSparrow Missile (ESSM) destroyed a high-diving, supersonic threat during a recent firing from the U.S. Navy's Self-Defense Test Ship.

"The success of this firing, highlighted by a skin-to-skin intercept, is a direct result of a series of enhancements to what is truly an international missile," said Rick Nelson, vice president of Raytheon Missile Systems' Naval and Area Mission Defense product line.

Significantly, no software changes were required to prove the ESSM's enhanced capability.

Mention of software changes to RAM Block 2 and ESSM Block 2 to increase engagement envelopes of the new systems. http://www.military.com/daily-news/2015/05/07/navy-spends-16b-to-upgrade-carrier-and-amphib-ship-defenses.html

quote:

The new RAM Block 2 variant includes a new RF receiver, new navigation system and increased diameter to 6-inches, Raytheon officials said. The weapon has a dual mode RF and IR guidance system. The Block 2 missile is 9.45 feet long, weighs 194-pounds and is able to reach supersonic speeds, according to Raytheon and Navy information.
The new missile variant also includes enhanced guidance algorithms and a more powerful dual-thrust rocket motor enabling the missile to reach longer ranges, Raytheon officials said. Overall, the Navy plans to acquire at least 502 RAMs between 2015 and 2019, service officials said.
The Evolved Sea Sparrow Missile Block II, or ESSM, is a new version of an existing Sea Sparrow weapons system currently protecting aircraft carriers, destroyers, cruisers, amphibious assault ships and other vessels against anti-ship missiles and other surface and airborne short-range threats to ships, Navy officials said.

As part of the SSDS overhaul, Navy leaders are now working on a wide range of software and hardware fixes to amphibs and carriers so that they can accommodate the upgraded RAM and ESSM missiles.

"From a combat systems perspective I am updating the software to be able to handle the speed and the ranges that those missiles can now function against. It is both software and hardware. I also have to upgrade the Sea Sparrow launchers to take the added weight of the Sea Sparrow Block 2, upgrade the RAM launchers to take the new RAM systems and I have to upgrade the radar to allow the data to flow back and forth," Fanta said.

quote:

"I'm doing something within the software or the actual hardware of these systems. A lot of it is algorithm work and a lot of it is making the launchers able to turn faster with more weight in each missile tube," Fanta added. The upgrades are also integrating a defensive weapon called Close-In-Weapons-System or CIWS, Navy leaders explained.

"It is a close-loop fire protection system all by itself. It has a radar and it has a gun. It is trainable and you can do different levels of integration with CIWS. It is either stand alone or it has some level of integration with the other sensors on board," Hill said.

Seems like they heard Dysta's suggestion of integrating the systems with CIWS.

Also interesting is that there is mention of software, seeker, changes for the ESSM Blk 2, but no real changes to the warhead or propulsion.

Link below shows differences to the ESSM vs ESSM Blk 2 on page 7: http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/2015armament/TuesdayLadner.pdf

< Message edited by AlmightyTallest -- 3/11/2016 3:55:58 PM >

Post #: 2529
RE: zhuk-me, updates or issues - 3/11/2016 3:28:50 PM   
Hongjian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dysta

#3300 - J-10B

Suggestions:
- Add PL-10 in J-10B's aircraft stores list
- Add WVRAAMs loadout [A/A: PL-8C (x2) & PL-10 (x2)] and [A/A: PL-10 (x4)] in J-10B aircraft loadout list
- Add other loadout configurations which is armed with PL-10.
- Change aircraft loadout ID #17462 to [A/A: PL-8C] (Typo found which is wrote PL-9]

Recent photography captured the batched production of J-10B with PL-10 during the test flight:

I believe the significance of that photo is that the J-10B now has replaced the PL-8 with the new PL-10 on its outmost SRAAM pylons, freeing the inner hardpoints for BVRAAMs. As compared to those photos that show the PL-10s being mounted on the BVRAAM hardpoints for a pretty non-sensical SRAAM-only loadout, which was merely for testing purposes.

So, the new loadout would be the new standard loadout for the new gen fighters since the J-16: PL-10 SRAAMs replacing the PL-8Bs and new PL-15 replacing the PL-12 (still need picture confirmation for latter, though - only "educated rumors" so far).

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 2530
RE: zhuk-me, updates or issues - 3/12/2016 8:44:43 PM   
Dysta

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hongjian

PL-15 replacing the PL-12 (still need picture confirmation for latter, though - only "educated rumors" so far).

We will look into it when I got more sources.

As far as I found, PL-15 should be a whole different catalogue of AAM, unlike the rumored PL-12 replacement. It was around 0.4m diameter thick (from upper picture below), and a whole different of fin configurations than PL-12, it also rumored to be two-staged rockets rather than turbofan engine. It cannot be just a longer-ranged replacement that something like Meteor or AIM-120D, which is smaller and only capped 75nm range.

(The earlier impression of this missile is an AIM-120D counterpart from US, however, they're more lean into the Sino-Phoenix speculation because of the missile size.)

http://www.popsci.com/chinese-air-to-air-missile-hits-targets-spooks-usaf-general

All I need to find out the relevant source of the 'General Spooker' is the technical performances, which will be a huge thick nut to crack without extra sources. The best but hypocritical guess will be either K-33/R-33 from Ukraine/Russia, or AIM-54 from Iran have their technical data sold to China, but both are unlikely due to the missile configuration already. The closest match will be R-37 from Russia, but it's far too news for sell and 'reverse engineering'.

< Message edited by Dysta -- 3/12/2016 9:21:17 PM >

(in reply to Hongjian)
Post #: 2531
RE: zhuk-me, updates or issues - 3/12/2016 9:41:37 PM   
mikmykWS

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hongjian

PL-15 replacing the PL-12 (still need picture confirmation for latter, though - only "educated rumors" so far).

We will look into it when I got more sources.

As far as I found, PL-15 should be a whole different catalogue of AAM, unlike the rumored PL-12 replacement. It was around 0.4m diameter thick (from upper picture below), and a whole different of fin configurations than PL-12, it also rumored to be two-staged rockets rather than turbofan engine. It cannot be just a longer-ranged replacement that something like Meteor or AIM-120D, which is smaller and only capped 75nm range.

(The earlier impression of this missile is an AIM-120D counterpart from US, however, they're more lean into the Sino-Phoenix speculation because of the missile size.)

http://www.popsci.com/chinese-air-to-air-missile-hits-targets-spooks-usaf-general

All I need to find out the relevant source of the 'General Spooker' is the technical performances, which will be a huge thick nut to crack without extra sources. The best but hypocritical guess will be either K-33/R-33 from Ukraine/Russia, or AIM-54 from Iran have their technical data sold to China, but both are unlikely due to the missile configuration already. The closest match will be R-37 from Russia, but it's far too news for sell and 'reverse engineering'.

Do camera's even take photos that bad anymore? Obviously not a good source.

Mike

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 2532
RE: zhuk-me, updates or issues - 3/12/2016 9:54:33 PM   
Dysta

quote:

Mike

You need to remember that the photography to military assets in China cannot be done openly, especially the airfield. With drastic distance, the photographer need to have a really high focal lens to capture it, and digitally zooming it even bigger to see.

It is definitely not the best source, but like I said, if USAF general can hear this, as well as the increasing rumors about the test-launch from J-16, then PL-15, or whatever the Sino-Phoenix actually called, must have the development done earlier than that.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 2533
RE: zhuk-me, updates or issues - 3/13/2016 12:44:03 AM   
mikmykWS

quote:

quote:

Mike

You need to remember that the photography to military assets in China cannot be done openly, especially the airfield. With drastic distance, the photographer need to have a really high focal lens to capture it, and digitally zooming it even bigger to see.

Oh give me a break. There are millions of pictures of Chinese military equipment all over the web. This looks purposefully garbled which probably means its not that credible.

quote:

It is definitely not the best source, but like I said, if USAF general can hear this, as well as the increasing rumors about the test-launch from J-16, then PL-15, or whatever the Sino-Phoenix actually called, must have the development done earlier than that.

The objective is getting good information for the database.

Thanks!

Mike

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 2534
RE: zhuk-me, updates or issues - 3/13/2016 5:37:57 AM   
Dysta

I never said it should be implemented right now, the best I hope is the Zhuhai Airshow in 2016 will eventually show us something like this.

If not, we can presume PL-15 is only a fund-raising name for US's attention.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 2535
RE: zhuk-me, updates or issues - 3/13/2016 7:45:16 AM   
VFA41_Lion

Umm... did the title of the thread change to "zhuk-me, updates or issues" ?

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 2536
Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 3/13/2016 8:06:51 AM   
Dysta

quote:

ORIGINAL: VFA41_Lion

Umm... did the title of the thread change to "zhuk-me, updates or issues" ?

Yeah, it will changes when you insert a new title in Subject. Now I've put it back to default title.

< Message edited by Dysta -- 3/13/2016 8:07:43 AM >

(in reply to VFA41_Lion)
Post #: 2537
RE: zhuk-me, updates or issues - 3/13/2016 10:01:45 AM   
ComDev

Thanks Mark, added DB v443

quote:

A few more requests that I hope will make it into the next version of the database...

(Information mostly from Wikipedia, Jane's Fighting Ships, etc.)

Thanks for considering these!

Estonia

EML Admiral Pitka (A230)
Class and type: Beskytteren class offshore patrol frigate
Appears to be in the database as entry #640 (no changes as far as I can tell)
Operational dates: 2000-2013

Project 89 Kondor Minesweeper/Project 65.2 or 115 (reconnaissance ships)
Pennant numbers: Vambola (M 411); Sulev (M 412)
Operational dates: 1994-2000
Displacement: 449 tonnes (442 long tons)
Length: 59.52 m (195 ft 3 in) o/a
Beam: 7.76 m (25 ft 6 in)
Draft: 2.22 m (7 ft 3 in)
Propulsion: MD 40 diesel engines
Speed: 18 knots (33 km/h; 21 mph)
Range: 1,900 nmi (3,500 km)
Complement: 29
Armament: 3 × 25 mm FlaK 2M-3; up to 24 mines or 24 depth charges
(Sensors appear to be limited to generic navigational radar)

Sandown-class Minehunter
Operational dates: 2006-present
Pennant numbers: EML Admiral Cowan (M313); EML Sakala (M314); EML Ugandi (M315)
In database as entry #2137, appears to be mostly unchanged; Wikipedia adds this note:

The three decommissioned vessels were sold to Estonia in September 2006. They were re-equipped with TCS (Tactical Control System) and the Atlas Elektronik Seafox ROV for mine disposal. The sonar system will be also be updated. The first ship (ex Sandown), delivered in 2007, has been named Admiral Cowan,[2] the second (ex-Inverness), was delivered in 2008 and named Sakala and the last (ex-Bridport) named Ugandi in 2009. [Wikipedia did not add what new sonar would be added.]

The Estonian air force appears to consist of 2 of the venerable An-2, which is already in the database as a commercial aircraft.

Latvia

Skrunda-class patrol boat
Operational dates: 2011-present
Pennant numbers: P-05 Skrunda, P-06 Cēsis, P-07 Viesīte, P-08 Jelgava, P-09 Rēzekne
Displacement: 125 tons
Length: 25.7 m (84 ft)
Beam: 13.5 m (44 ft)
Draft: 2.7 m (8.9 ft)
Propulsion: 2 x MAN D 2842 diesels and Servogear CPPs, 2170 hp
Speed: 20 knots (37 km/h)
Range: 1,000 nmi (1,900 km) at 12 knots (22 km/h)
Boats and landing craft carried: 1 x RIB for shallow water pursuit
Complement: 8-10 (depending on mission)
Sensors and processing systems: Raytheon X-band radar and electro optic sensors
Armament: two 12.7 mm general purpose machine guns (fore and aft?) and has room for a Modular Mission Module with a payload of up to 6 tons

Tripartite-class minehunter
Operational dates: 2007-present
Displacement: 536 t (528 long tons) empty, 605 t (595 long tons) full load
Length: 51.5 m (169 ft)
Beam: 8.96 m (29.4 ft)
Height: 18.5 m (61 ft)
Draught: 3.6 m (12 ft)
Propulsion: 1 × 1370 kW Werkspoor RUB 215 V12 diesel engine; 2 × 180 kW ACEC active rudders; 1 × HOLEC bow propeller
Speed: 15 knots (28 km/h)
Range: 3,000 nautical miles (5,600 km) at 12 knots (22 km/h)
Boats and landing craft carried: 2 × rigid-hulled inflatable boats, 1 × PAP 104 ROV
Complement: 4 officers, 15 non-commissioned officers, 17 sailors
Sensors and processing systems: 1 × DUBM 21B sonar
Armament: 1 × 20 mm modèle F2 gun
Pennant numbers: M-04 Imanta (former Dutch M854 Harlingen), M-05 Viesturs (former Dutch M855 Scheveningen), M-06 Talivaldis (former Dutch M852 Dordrecht), M-07 Visvaldis (former Dutch M851 Delfzijl), M-08 Rusins (former Dutch M850 Alkmaar)

Project 89 Kondor Minesweeper
Operational dates: 1994-2008
Pennant numbers: M-01 Viesturs, M-02 Imanta
Displacement: 449 tonnes (442 long tons)
Length: 59.52 m (195 ft 3 in) o/a
Beam: 7.76 m (25 ft 6 in)
Draft: 2.22 m (7 ft 3 in)
Propulsion: MD 40 diesel engines
Speed: 18 knots (33 km/h; 21 mph)
Range: 1,900 nmi (3,500 km)
Complement: 29
Armament: 3 × 25 mm FlaK 2M-3; up to 24 mines or 24 depth charges
(Sensors appear to be limited to generic navigational radar)

Mi-17
(variant appears to be Mi-8MTV-1)
Operational dates: 1999-present

Lithuania

Hunt class mine countermeasures vessel
Operational dates: 2011-present
Pennant numbers: M53 Skalvis, M54 Kuršis
Already in database as entry #2136

Flyvefisken-class patrol vessel
Pennant numbers: P 11 Zemaitis, P 12 Dzukas (a third ship, P 14 Aukstaitis, appears to be an unarmed surveillance variant)
Operational dates: 2008-present
Already in the database as entry #295, but remove the Harpoon missiles for the Lithuanian version (both are MCM variants)

N42 Jotvingis
Retired Vidar-class minelayer, in database as entry #2145 (as far as I can tell, no major changes)

Grisha III class corvette
Operational dates: 1992-2010
Pennant numbers: F 11 Zemaitis, F12 Aukstaitis
In database as entry #91 (as far as I can tell, no major changes)

Storm-class patrol boat
Pennant numbers: P31 Dzūkas, P32 Sėlis, P33 Skalvis
Operational dates: 1995-present
In database as entry #390 (and, as far as I can tell, they retained the Penguin missiles, but I could be wrong about this)

Aero L-39
Operational dates: 2015-

Alenia C-27J

Mil Mi-17
Operational dates:1993-present

Eurocopter AS365 Dauphin
Operational dates: 2015-

< Message edited by emsoy -- 3/13/2016 10:03:03 AM >

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 2538
RE: zhuk-me, updates or issues - 3/13/2016 10:24:10 AM   
ComDev

Updated DB v443

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pancor

Hello

it's look like the Spearfish mod 1 will entered service in 2020 and will replace the current Spearfish

Source:
http://www.naval-technology.com/news/newsbae-successfully-completes-first-in-water-trial-of-new-spearfish-torpedo-4672643
http://www.janes.com/article/46996/uk-contracts-spearfish-torpedo-upgrade

Thanks

< Message edited by emsoy -- 3/13/2016 10:44:09 PM >

(in reply to Pancor)
Post #: 2539
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 3/13/2016 10:30:25 AM   
ComDev

Thanks all! Updated DB v443.

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: PN79

Hello,
regarding L-39ZO and L-39ZA there is mistake in database with gun. Please remove gun from all L-39ZO and add same gun to L-39ZA.

List:
#415 L-39ZA/ART (Thailand) --- please add gun, photo: http://www.airliners.net/photo/Thailand---Air/Aero-L-39ZA-ART-Albatros/1275347/L/
#400 L-39ZO (Iraq) --- plese remove gun, photo: http://l-39.cz/_L-39/L-39_uzivatele/irak/L-39_irak_Bratislava.jpg
#1738 L-39ZO (Syria) --- please remove gun, photo: http://spioenkop.blogspot.cz/2014/12/the-syaaf-l-39s-over-deir-ez-zor.html
(note Syrie bought also L-39ZA variant)

Thank you in advance.

Interesting, I also wanted to request the gun for the Thai L-39 in the next days/weeks. As for the Syrian L-39, the 23mm Gsh-23L belly gun is correct.

http://d.ibtimes.co.uk/en/full/306567/syria.jpg
http://www.balancer.ru/sites/4/4.bp.blogspot.com/-CLltwC41Vsw/ULE85-JeSWI/AAAAAAAABp8/nzfisKjTUAA/s1600/SyAAF+L-39+2112.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-5-3CEce5Qiw/UFziyv8EBOI/AAAAAAAABX4/yvC05HWAhmM/s1600/SyAAF-L-39ZA-2136+%25281%2529.jpg
https://wp4553-flywheel.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/390.jpg

< Message edited by emsoy -- 3/13/2016 11:24:48 AM >

Post #: 2540
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 3/13/2016 10:36:45 AM   
ComDev

Added Syrian L-39ZA in v443

quote:

ORIGINAL: PN79

According to this page (in czech): http://l-39.cz/L-39_uzivatele.html#syrie
Syria imported 55 L-39ZO produced between 1980-1982 and 44 L-39ZA produced between 1983-1986.

In my opinion the best solution will be simply give Syria both variants.

< Message edited by emsoy -- 3/13/2016 10:37:27 AM >

(in reply to PN79)
Post #: 2541
RE: zhuk-me, updates or issues - 3/13/2016 10:52:16 AM   
ComDev

Added DB v443, thanks

Need info on those tanks, though.

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrGandi

Hello,

I’m working on a scenario about Russian involvement in Syria.
Please add Mi-8AMTSh Terminator for Russian Army.
Don't think this one has been requested here, yet.

Here is some info with pictures:
http://www.military-today.com/helicopters/mi8_amtsh.htm

and here:
http://sputniknews.com/infographics/20110811/165706006.html

As possible cargo I would love to see at least CSAR or Spetsnaz as troop transport.
Especially in combination with auxiliary tanks for longer combat range.

Currently Russia has deployed at least 5 of them at the Hmeymim Air Base.

Many Thanks

(in reply to MrGandi)
Post #: 2542
RE: updates or issues - 3/13/2016 10:56:20 AM   
ComDev

This mod will probably never go operational, so dunno...

quote:

ORIGINAL: lowchi

Hi guys!

I used the search function, but it seems it has not been requested yet.
The F-15SE - Silent Eagle

I attached a Boeing Media Presentation from 2009. Hope there are enough infos in it.

Thanks! Regards Lowchi

(in reply to lowchi)
Post #: 2543
RE: updates or issues - 3/13/2016 11:02:02 AM   
ComDev

Thanks

But I need a lot more info I'm afraid, there isn't much to go on in terms of dates. What subs were operational when?

quote:

ORIGINAL: ojms

Hi,

Please can we add the Mk 8 Mod 1 SDV to the Royal Navy (UK). It's referenced on wiki here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEAL_Delivery_Vehicle

"The Special Boat Service of the United Kingdom Special Forces operates three Mk8 Mod 1 vehicles."

Additionally it can be deployed from HMS Swiftsure class

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/05/06/article-0-03B007340000044D-932_468x286.jpg

or the more recent HMS Astute class:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2587116/Britains-super-sub-Navy-unveils-James-Bond-style-mini-submarine-carried-board-HMS-Astute-launch-water.html#ixzz2yC22Zs9X

(in reply to ojms)
Post #: 2544
RE: zhuk-me, updates or issues - 3/13/2016 11:19:47 AM   
ComDev

Added DB v443, thanks!

quote:

While working on a scenario involving Algeria, I noticed this was not in the database. Please consider adding this one--it's just the sort of thing that could end up in a scuffle with one of Algeria's neighbors like Tunisia or Spain.

Thanks for considering it.

Kebir-class PB
Displacement: 166 tons standard; 200 tons full load
Dimensions: 37.5 m. x 6.9 m. x 1.7 m.
Main machinery: 2 MTU 12V 538 TB92 diesels; 5,110 hp(m) (3.8 MW); 2 shafts
Speed: 27 knots
Range: 3,300 naut. miles at 12 knots; 2,600 naut miles at 15 knots
Complement: 27 (3 officers)
Radars: Surface search, Racal Decca 1226; I-band
Pennant numbers: 341-350, 354, 356-358

Hulls 341 and 342: Electro-optical devices: Lawrence Scott optronic director; 1 x OTO Melara 3-inch/62 compact; 1 x twin 14.5mm
Operational dates: 1983-present

Hulls 343, 344, and 345: 1 x OTO Melara 3-inch/62 compact; 1 x twin 14.5mm
Operational dates: 1985-present

Hull 346: 1 x OTO Melara 3-inch/62 compact; 2 x twin 25mm/60
Operational dates: 1985-present

Hulls 347-350, 354, 356-358: 1 x OTO Melara 3-inch/62 compact; 2 x twin 25mm/60
Operational dates: 1993-present

< Message edited by emsoy -- 3/13/2016 10:44:36 PM >

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 2545
Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 3/13/2016 11:21:30 AM   
ComDev

Hmmm this would require a fair bit of coding... will add to my list by might take some time.

quote:

ORIGINAL: SeaQueen

GBU-61 JABS

This one will be kind of interesting. Not quite sure how it would fit into the existing database structure, but it's pretty neat. Something to think about given the new mine warfare capabilities of the sim.

http://www.navy.mil/navydata/fact_display.asp?cid=2100&tid=337&ct=2
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countermine_System

< Message edited by emsoy -- 3/13/2016 11:25:24 AM >

(in reply to SeaQueen)
Post #: 2546
some updates - 3/13/2016 1:00:42 PM   
jun5896

http://www.defensenews.com/story/defense/2015/11/23/britains-cameron-pledge-extra-12-billion-defence/76247514/

UK plan to buy x9 P-8 Poseidon MPAs.

http://www.deagel.com/Destroyers-and-Cruisers/27DD_a003217001.aspx
http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php/news/defence-news/year-2015-news/july-2015-navy-naval-forces-defense-industry-technology-maritime-security-global-news/2925-japan-defense-ministry-unveiled-details-of-q27ddq-class-railgun-a-laser-armed-aegis-destroyer.html

It is some information for New Atago-sub-class "27DD" The two 27DD vessels are expected to be commissioned in 2020 and 2021.
Add expect specification of ships for DB3K(likes Chinese Type 55 Cruiser)

(in reply to ComDev)
Post #: 2547
Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 3/13/2016 2:45:55 PM   
ComDev

Excellent work, thanks!

Added / updated v441 + 443.

quote:

Hi! Have started works on a scenario involving modern Turkish military equipment. Would be cool if you could update the following platforms. As usual, no need to hurry.

#2063 - F 511 Heybeliada [Ada Class]

- Please replace Generic Gun Director [IR] (80NM) with STING-EO Mk2 [Radar/IR/TV] sensors
- Please replace Generic Laser Rangefinder with STING-EO Mk2 [Laser Rangefinder]
- Please create and add ARES-2N EW antenna
- Please create and add AselFLIR 300T [TV/IR/Laser Rangefinder/Designator]
- Please create and add LIAS Laser Warning Receiver(s)
- Please add 2 x Sperry VisionMaster FT 250 [X-Band?]
- Please add 2 x Type 2170 Sea Sentor SSTD
- Please add 2 x Mk36 SRBOC (Unkown submunition, no visual proof of the system being installed on the class)
- Please replace both 324mm MK32 TT Triple with 2 x 324mm MK32 TT Twin
- Please add Link 11/16

(All sources claim the MILGEM/Ada-class to be armed with RGM-84L Harpoon II. The SIPRI Arms Transfer Database lists a delivery of 25 such missiles in 2011. Furthermore, there are conflicting informations about the version of the RIM-116 onboard the ship.)

http://navalanalyses.blogspot.de/2015/06/ada-class-corvettes-of-turkish-navy.html
http://www.ssm.gov.tr/urunkatalog/data/ekatalog/eng/index.html#26/z
http://www.aselsan.com.tr/en-us/capabilities/electronic-warfare-systems/electronik-support-and-electronic-attack-systems/aselsan-naval-platform-radar-esm-system
http://www.aselsan.com.tr/en-us/capabilities/electro-optic-systems/air-platforms/aselflir-300t-electro-optical-reconnaissance-surveillance-and-targeting-system
http://www.aselsan.com.tr/en-us/capabilities/electro-optic-systems/air-platforms/lias-laser-warning-receiver-system
http://www.network54.com/Forum/248068/thread/1346590706/On+Board+Of+F-511+TCG+Heybeliada

#2554 - N 125 Osman Gasi and #1618 - N 125 Osman Gasi

- Please adjust name to NL 125 Osman Gasi
- Please add a medium-sized landing pad, open parking space and a helicopter magazine

http://www.rfanostalgia.org/gallery3/var/albums/REPLENISHMENT%20AT%20SEA/nato/WVRU%20061.JPG?m=1399885538

#4246 - T-129A ATAK Raid Helicopter [EDH] and #4247 - T-129B ATAK Raid Helicopter

- Please replace Generic TV Camera with AselFLIR 300T [TV]
- Please replace Generic FLIR with AselFLIR 300T [IR]
- Please replace Generic Laser Designator with AselFLIR 300T [Laser Rangefinder/Designator]
- Please add Generic Flare Dispenser [32 Cartridges]

http://www.havelsan.com.tr/ENG/mobile/icerik/1038/t129-atak-helicopter-simulators-ataksim
http://www.janes.com/article/53737/turkey-receives-first-batch-of-t129s
https://www.tai.com.tr/content/images/atak-2012-4-.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/df/T-129-1001-FAR14-3652.JPG
http://www.havelsan.com.tr/files/pages/tur/07032015112500122_t1.jpg

#4380 - Anka-A UAV

- Please replace Generic FLIR with AselFLIR 300T [TV/IR/Laser Rangefinder/Designator]

http://www.armyrecognition.com/turkey_turkish_unmanned_aerial_ground_systems_uk/anka_tai_uav_medium_altitude_long_endurance_male_data_sheet_specifications_pictures_video.html
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-SOo0uc2MJbY/UKY2HnABX0I/AAAAAAAAALw/SMXC2cCGnKI/s1600/463991_254084691350608_250495278376216_541499_1265822645.jpg

Regards!

(Edit: attached the SIPRI Arms Trade Register)

< Message edited by emsoy -- 3/13/2016 10:50:09 PM >

Post #: 2548
RE: zhuk-me, updates or issues - 3/13/2016 2:49:17 PM   
Zaslon

[UPDATED DB v443]

#1402 - L 52 Castilla
Missing Docking port.
'Castilla' have a docking port like his sister L51 Galicia.
Castilla is equipped to be used as a Command ship, for this reason can acommodate 200 troops less than Galicia.

L 51 and L 52 in his home port

TRIODE
We can start to bury us with a lot of strings of numbers and Letters, ranges...But Data is nothing without context.

Russian do not sell what the client want. This idea is easy to keep in mind, but the world is more complex than that. Time change all. So, we cannot extrapolate some behaviours to the infinite, because the context change and all this data is affected by the context. And what is the context? A deep economomical and social crisis in the Former USSR. Enter in a new competitive market. For this reason the Russian Defense industry should offer what they have in order sell.

Without national orders, Factories like Irkut should offer to foreign clients what they want. The S-30MKx saga is a response to the market in order to survive. MKIs contract was signed in the nineties. Brahmos Joint venture was established in 1998. On the other hand, you can see the situation of RSK MiG during the nineties and XXI Century.

Another reason which dismantle your statement is the SU-30SM version. Why they didn't buy a Su-30MKx? They want an improved version of course. Now they are selling the Su-30SME....With the same avionics? I doubt that, first of all because SM was designed for Russian requirements and they don't sell the same equipment when they can. Export versions have downgraded equipment.

You cannot assure that the Su-35S (VKS version) have the same equipment than Su-35E?. The common sense say that only in bad times you should sell your state-of-the-art technology to your "future enemy".

< Message edited by emsoy -- 3/23/2016 9:58:19 AM >

Kids think about Iran and Amateurs think about Russia, but professionals think about China

(in reply to Triode)
Post #: 2549
RE: zhuk-me, updates or issues - 3/13/2016 4:32:59 PM   
orca

[UPDATED DB v442]

The formerly called UCLASS will now be a called MAQ-25 CBARS "stingray". It will primarily be a tanker and have increased fuel capacity and less stealth compared to original requirements. It will have hardpoints for fuel tanks. But these could also be used for weapons giving it a secondary strike role.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/us-navy-descoping-stealth-requirement-for-stingray-t-423039/

< Message edited by emsoy -- 3/23/2016 9:58:57 AM >

(in reply to Zaslon)
Post #: 2550
Page:   <<   < prev  83 84 [85] 86 87   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: zhuk-me, updates or issues Page: <<   < prev  83 84 [85] 86 87   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI