Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[ANSWERED] NI No-Nav Zone errors on mission startup(s)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command: DLCs >> Command: Northern Inferno >> [ANSWERED] NI No-Nav Zone errors on mission startup(s) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[ANSWERED] NI No-Nav Zone errors on mission startup(s) - 3/16/2016 4:40:54 AM   
nocacounsel

SUPER excited about 1.11 additions & improvements; many thanks, Devs, for this massive update and continued support over the years!

I had no trouble updating Command to 1.11 RC1 via the zip file. DB is 442 (latest).

I'm still working on NI, however, and when I load Deliverance/Mission 13 I receive about 37 of these types of errors:

"Warning! Area validation for No-Navigation Zone....has FAILED! The polygon that makes up the area crosses itself which means it is INVALID! This will cause problems for the AI navigation. Please check the shape of the area, and make sure that it doesn't cross itself at some point! Contact the scenario designer to have the problem rectified." [screenshot attached]

I didn't go through all of the missions, but Hunter or Hunted/Mission 12 and Fire & Brimstone/Mission 11 also had just one error of this sort each.

(Sorry in advance if I did something to cause this.)

Thanks!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by emsoy -- 3/16/2016 7:04:03 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: NI No-Nav Zone errors on mission startup(s) - 3/16/2016 6:15:33 AM   
ComDev

Have you replaced the scenario files? We fixed some errors and the scen files should be included in the v1.11 package

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

(in reply to nocacounsel)
Post #: 2
RE: NI No-Nav Zone errors on mission startup(s) - 3/16/2016 6:49:44 AM   
nocacounsel

quote:

ORIGINAL: emsoy

Have you replaced the scenario files? We fixed some errors and the scen files should be included in the v1.11 package

Indeed, I overwrote all resident files from the 1.11RC1 zip file; and the NI scenario files in my Command folder are reflecting the same 3/7/16 modification date.

I was loading my campaign progress via the "Campaign" button on the Start Menu, then Resume from Save, then my specific Deliverance checkpoint. But I see that when I load the same mission from the "Load a Saved Game" on the Start Menu and then the specific mission in the NI folder directly I do not get the errors.

Now I get it. Sorry for the hassle and thanks!

(in reply to ComDev)
Post #: 3
RE: NI No-Nav Zone errors on mission startup(s) - 3/16/2016 7:05:39 AM   
ComDev

No worries

If you see anything else that looks weird please post up.

Thanks!

(in reply to nocacounsel)
Post #: 4
RE: NI No-Nav Zone errors on mission startup(s) - 3/17/2016 11:33:47 PM   
AlGrant

I've seen this message on one or two of the community scenarios since applying the latest 1.11 RC build.
Only one I can remember is Danjo Wall, 1991. Not an earlier saved game, just loaded as a new scenario.

I opened the scenario up in the editor and checked the mission area and although the mission area doesn't 'cross' I notice that RP19 is shared by 2 scenarios. Using the 'Validate Area' button on all 3 scenarios for side Neutral and the first 2 get the OK but the one mentioned in the error message fails.
I removed RP19 from that scenario and it validates OK.

Edit: Sorry realised too late that this is in the NI section rather than Tech Support or Mods & Scenarios and this scen is not NI

< Message edited by AlGrant -- 3/17/2016 11:36:55 PM >

(in reply to ComDev)
Post #: 5
RE: NI No-Nav Zone errors on mission startup(s) - 3/18/2016 7:24:40 PM   
ComDev

If you draw a line from RP-19 to RP-53 you get the last 'side' of the polygon that makes up the support mission's area. And you'll see that the polygon actually crosses itself

(in reply to AlGrant)
Post #: 6
RE: NI No-Nav Zone errors on mission startup(s) - 3/21/2016 3:20:34 PM   
BKL

I posted yesterday a question about this, an now it seems to be deleted. I was having the same error. My question is, do you need to restart the entire mission? What if you are mid-way through a mission/save, then what should you do? If I need to restart, that's fine, I just want to understand if there is a way to fix this error after you have saved your game and have not yet completed the mission. I play very slow and sometimes take weeks to complete a mission. Thank you.

(in reply to ComDev)
Post #: 7
RE: NI No-Nav Zone errors on mission startup(s) - 3/21/2016 5:33:27 PM   
ComDev

You need to restart the scenario but then again the error isn't THAT serious. The game runs slower due to more complex calcs and the AI may sometimes make weird decisions. But other than this you can just continue playing the scen.

(in reply to BKL)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command: DLCs >> Command: Northern Inferno >> [ANSWERED] NI No-Nav Zone errors on mission startup(s) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI