Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Forge of Freedom AI

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom AI Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Forge of Freedom AI - 3/25/2016 7:14:56 AM   
LaStarza61

I'm looking for opinions on this game's artificial intelligence. Been thinking about purchasing this game for a long time and now might finally pull the trigger with this current 30% off sale. Any thoughts on this game would be greatly appreciated... especially regarding the capabilities of the AI strategically and tactically.

Thank you!
Post #: 1
RE: Forge of Freedom AI - 3/30/2016 12:12:15 AM   
Nimrod 9th

I can only comment about the Southern AI. Southern AI is predictable in many ways but not all ways. Here is what I've found concerning the AI:
- Turtles Richmond
- very aggressive in the west, no concept of defense in depth (giving up Kty to save forces for TN etc)(but you never know how/when it going to move north in the west but it will and often)
- tactical battles maneuvers for a north to south attack
- does not handle production well
- Southern replace level cheats ... after huge battles and huge losses Southern forces back to full strength is a turn or two. Play balance?
- no naval builds
- usually sends forces to defend New Orleans if attached, sometimes if TX is invaded, rare if South Carolina is invaded

(in reply to LaStarza61)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom AI Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI