Forge of Freedom AI (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865

LaStarza61 -> Forge of Freedom AI (3/25/2016 7:14:56 AM)

I'm looking for opinions on this game's artificial intelligence. Been thinking about purchasing this game for a long time and now might finally pull the trigger with this current 30% off sale. Any thoughts on this game would be greatly appreciated... especially regarding the capabilities of the AI strategically and tactically.

Thank you!

Nimrod 9th -> RE: Forge of Freedom AI (3/30/2016 12:12:15 AM)

I can only comment about the Southern AI. Southern AI is predictable in many ways but not all ways. Here is what I've found concerning the AI:
- Turtles Richmond
- very aggressive in the west, no concept of defense in depth (giving up Kty to save forces for TN etc)(but you never know how/when it going to move north in the west but it will and often)
- tactical battles maneuvers for a north to south attack
- does not handle production well
- Southern replace level cheats ... after huge battles and huge losses Southern forces back to full strength is a turn or two. Play balance?
- no naval builds
- usually sends forces to defend New Orleans if attached, sometimes if TX is invaded, rare if South Carolina is invaded

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI