Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Naval and Defense News

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: Naval and Defense News Page: <<   < prev  27 28 [29] 30 31   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Naval and Defense News - 4/21/2016 2:57:29 AM   
tjhkkr

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russia-bolsters-its-submarine-fleet-and-tensions-with-us-rise/ar-BBs2l06?li=BBnb7Kz

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 841
RE: Naval and Defense News - 4/22/2016 8:29:57 AM   
AlGrant

For those on Twitter - this guy is worth a follow for some interesting air tracks and info.

https://twitter.com/CivMilAir

Some of the info is quite time limited though .... like this current NOTAM for Russian Naval exercise areas off Syria

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 842
RE: Naval and Defense News - 4/22/2016 2:54:20 PM   
tjhkkr

Japanese Stealth Fighter.
I believe Japan has the capability, but the plane does not look very stealthy...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/japanese-prototype-stealth-plane-makes-first-flight/ar-BBs6Ml1?li=BBnb7Kz

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by tjhkkr -- 4/22/2016 3:06:26 PM >

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to AlGrant)
Post #: 843
RE: Naval and Defense News - 4/22/2016 3:17:45 PM   
Dysta

quote:

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr

I believe it's more likely a retaliative development for US denied to sell F-22 to Japan in 2008, addressing the increasing concern about Russian/Chinese threats with Flankers, while their F-15J fleet are harder to maintain since Japan is no longer produce them.

But as Japan signed the deal for F-35A, the X-2 development serve very little purpose besides to address their technological capability, with or without US's stealth fighter technologies. Now the US Congress is reconsidering the F-22 production line, Japan may seems they're going their path right.

The only question is, how powerful can it be if the terminal development does indeed only 14m long. Unless their AAM4 is small as Meteor, or as rumor said it will fight with drones, the weapon bay will be very small for US missiles.

< Message edited by Dysta -- 4/22/2016 3:21:01 PM >

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 844
RE: Naval and Defense News - 4/22/2016 4:27:11 PM   
Wiz33

Look like this might change

"(CNN)A week after Russian military aircraft buzzed dangerously close to U.S. Navy ships and Air Force spy planes, Congress is considering bringing back production of stealthy F-22 Raptor air-to-air fighter jets. Lawmakers have tacked an amendment onto a defense bill that will determine how much it would cost and how difficult it would be to ramp up production of the Air Force's fifth generation dogfighter. They also want to know about possible options for exporting F-22s to allies"

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/21/politics/f22-raptor-congress/index.html

I'm sure Japan will want at least 50+ and The UK maybe interested. If we can get the foreign order above 100, it should help a lot in deferring the startup cost.

< Message edited by Wiz33 -- 4/22/2016 4:40:33 PM >

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 845
RE: Naval and Defense News - 4/22/2016 6:28:12 PM   
wild_Willie2

A F22 restart will not happen, you basically would have to redesign the entire aircraft in order to incorporate the latest F35 tech into it. Also, many F22 systems and components are no longer made and the old suppliers have either gone bankrupt or have moved on to newer products, so you would have to spend even more money redesigning these items to modern components etz. etz. etz.

Read my lips: IT WILL NOT HAPPEN...

In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.

(in reply to Wiz33)
Post #: 846
RE: Naval and Defense News - 4/22/2016 6:35:29 PM   
Vici Supreme

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wiz33

I'm sure Japan will want at least 50+ and The UK maybe interested. If we can get the foreign order above 100, it should help a lot in deferring the startup cost.

You know that under American law the F-22 is not allowed to be exported, right?

(in reply to Wiz33)
Post #: 847
RE: Naval and Defense News - 4/22/2016 7:24:07 PM   
Dysta

quote:

ORIGINAL: Supreme 2.0

No, but two real life examples will makes Japan still persist for it or alike:

1, Even the sold F-14s to the Pre-revolutionary Iran was considered the most advance interceptors of the west, along with its radar, missiles and other techs. Soviet Unions still had a chance to have them after the Iranian revolution, and produce the Soviet counterparts for their new jets. However, without the actual supplier and maintenance from US, these Persian Cats are crying for retirement rather than posturing actual threats to Israel or other Arabian countries, whom will equip better fighters few decades later. The danger of technology being stolen or becomes hostile against US if the state gone rogue is getting slim, if she have poor economy, military industry and reverse engineering complex.

2, Self-developing their own stealth fighters in many countries are already their future plans, no matter the marketing of US F-35 become successful or not. Without the involvement of US stealth technology, they have nothing to argue with it (besides the OPFOR that developing it may be reported by general media, that accuse them to stole the stealth technology. But US never address which part of it was stolen, contradicting the military transparency policy as well as avoiding the detail being phished to public). But if Japan does happy with X-2 as it's developed a capable stealth fighter in the future, then it will heavily affect the selling of F-35 for Japan as well.

So I think, after the current presidency of US, this law may waver, along with 'incentive threat of Chinese/Russian Flankers'.

(in reply to Vici Supreme)
Post #: 848
RE: Naval and Defense News - 4/22/2016 7:27:45 PM   
thewood1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Supreme 2.0

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wiz33

Wait...its congress looking into it. They set the original law so if they are looking at using exports to offset costs, I'm sure they would repeal that ban at the same time.

(in reply to Vici Supreme)
Post #: 849
RE: Naval and Defense News - 4/23/2016 2:53:15 PM   
tjhkkr

Now this is interesting:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/north-korea-fires-submarine-launched-missile-south-korea/ar-BBs9jfZ?li=BBnb7Kz

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by tjhkkr -- 4/23/2016 2:55:37 PM >

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 850
RE: Naval and Defense News - 4/23/2016 6:19:51 PM   
Dysta

quote:

Now this is interesting:

The v1.11 RC18 has that sub in DB3000.

Though, 1300km and 1500nm are completely two kinds of ranges, as either SK or US's military thinktanks suggested. Must it be a missile against Japan (and US military garrison in it) rather than SK?

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 851
RE: Naval and Defense News - 4/24/2016 8:18:49 AM   
CrazyIvan101

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dysta

quote:

I believe it's more likely a retaliative development for US denied to sell F-22 to Japan in 2008, addressing the increasing concern about Russian/Chinese threats with Flankers, while their F-15J fleet are harder to maintain since Japan is no longer produce them.

But as Japan signed the deal for F-35A, the X-2 development serve very little purpose besides to address their technological capability, with or without US's stealth fighter technologies. Now the US Congress is reconsidering the F-22 production line, Japan may seems they're going their path right.

The only question is, how powerful can it be if the terminal development does indeed only 14m long. Unless their AAM4 is small as Meteor, or as rumor said it will fight with drones, the weapon bay will be very small for US missiles.

It is a smaller scale tech demonstrator that will lead to a significantly larger production aircraft if development continues.

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 852
RE: Naval and Defense News - 4/24/2016 3:59:41 PM   
Dysta

China can make and sell drones, from mere toys to missile delivery platform. So it shouldn't be surprising that China also can make armed loiterers (like kamikaze drones, but it's more for confirmed the target to act as a weapon. While most of the time is just for surveillance or intimidating ground hostile) like CH-901, and it's claimed to be in service few years ago:

http://www.janes.com/article/59623/dsa-2016-china-details-ch-901-uav-and-loitering-munition

quote:

DSA 2016: China details CH-901 UAV and loitering munition

China's Poly Defense has provided details about its CH-901 man-portable tube launched unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) and loitering munition, similar in concept to the US AeroVironment Switchblade.

The CH-901 designation likely means it is a product of the China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation (CASC).

A Poly official said it has been in development for "several years" and that both versions have been acquired by China's People's Liberation Army. This official added that while "several friendly countries" have shown interest, there have been no foreign sales so far.

One operating system weighs 45 kg and consists of three UAVs, one launch tube and a laptop computer control system. It is man-portable or can be carried by a small SUV.

The 1.2 m length aircraft weighs 9 kg, flies at a speed of 150 km/hr and has an operating radius of 15 km or a search endurance of 120 minutes.

Its small search and tracking camera is able to detect targets out to 2 km. The electric motor is credited with "low noise" that helps concealment. The aircraft has a life span of 20 sorties or 10 years.

Poly officials declined to provide details about the warhead of the loitering munition version.

Also the rumored newest Chinese interceptor boat development, both manned and unmanned, have unveiled with pictures and claimed it was tested:

https://www.shephardmedia.com/news/uv-online/dsa-2016-china-surprises-unmanned-technology/

quote:

DSA 2016: China's surprise UV technology

Two unmanned systems were shown by Poly Technologies from China at its booth at Defence Services Asia 2016, one a surface vessel (USV) and the other an aerial vehicle (UAV).

The former is titled the High-Speed Intercept Boat. It is being shown for the first time outside China, even though it is still in development.

A Poly Technologies representative said the 13m-long craft will be ready for sale next year once development concludes. It is being created in conjunction with Harbin Engineering University, with the target client being naval and maritime security agencies at home and abroad.

It is understood that the People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) has been trialling the High-Speed Intercept Boat to secure a naval base.

In tests the trimaran-hulled vessel has achieved a top speed of 75kt, although the target is 80kt. It is propelled by twin 850hp engines and has a 600mm draft. Its range is listed as 200nm.

Company literature states the High-Speed Intercept Boat can accommodate a crew of six, confirming it can perform either manned or unmanned ‘patrolling, intercepting and military missions’.

Optional armament on the sleek High-Speed Intercept Boat, which use planing technology to achieve its high speeds, includes a 12.7mm machine gun or two 7.62mm machine guns.

< Message edited by Dysta -- 4/24/2016 4:43:05 PM >

(in reply to CrazyIvan101)
Post #: 853
RE: Naval and Defense News - 4/24/2016 5:22:24 PM   
Hongjian

@Dysta

You might want to see the WS-43 MRLS launched loitering attack munition that has been presented in the last Zhuhai Airshow. Same concept, but with longer range (60km). Strangely, it has a shorter loitering time (30 min).

http://chinesemilitaryreview.blogspot.com/2014/11/chinese-ws-43-miniature-attack-cruise.html

Good (or bad, depending on your view) to see that they have improved the technology so much, that a seemingly man-portable/light vehicle borne weapon can loiter for 1-2 hours now.

Interesting news. Thanks for sharing!

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 854
RE: Naval and Defense News - 4/24/2016 6:10:27 PM   
Hongjian

Jilin-1 commercial observation satellite streaming 4k live footage and tracking an airliner in flight

http://www.miaopai.com/show/SWQV9DYFGcXdgOQ7KYLRBQ__.htm
Skip to 1:00

The Jilin-1 was launched just last year:
https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2015/10/china-launches-jilin-1-mission-long-march-2d/

Even though this is a commercial satellite, this capability of live-streaming footages and tracking flying objects would give one some indication of the military-satellites in Chinese service.

(in reply to Hongjian)
Post #: 855
RE: Naval and Defense News - 4/24/2016 6:17:50 PM   
Dysta

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hongjian

@Dysta

You might want to see the WS-43 MRLS launched loitering attack munition that has been presented in the last Zhuhai Airshow. Same concept, but with longer range (60km). Strangely, it has a shorter loitering time (30 min).

Efficiency issue compare to turboprop that CH-901 is using?

But clearly in CMANO, there's NONE of the indigenous LAM except the Israel-export Harpi for China, which is 90s and pathetically slow. CH-901 LAM might be the only thing I can suggest to DB3000, but I am certain there is should be more than that. If there's no loiterers to do the initial stage of scenario, then China will always be in disadvantage compare to a huge arsenal of loitering systems from US and exported countries.

< Message edited by Dysta -- 4/24/2016 6:21:14 PM >

(in reply to Hongjian)
Post #: 856
RE: Naval and Defense News - 4/25/2016 2:52:43 AM   
jtoatoktoe

U.S. tests Tamir (Iron Dome Missile)

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/israel-iron-dome-missile-tested-us-washington-hope-buy-defence-system-ahead-arab-states-1556321

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 857
RE: Naval and Defense News - 4/25/2016 3:08:21 AM   
thewood1

Quick question...is there any skepticism of the models and videos that keep coming out about Chinese or Russian weapon systems. The US defense industry pumps out videos and models left and right and I see skepticism left and right...look at the F-35 as an extreme example. Yet it seems every announcement about a Chinese cruise missile is met with an attitude that whatever is being announced is a done deal. Is this just rampant nationalism, fear-mongering, political posturing...or what?

(in reply to jtoatoktoe)
Post #: 858
RE: Naval and Defense News - 4/25/2016 3:22:12 AM   
mikmykWS

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

Quick question...is there any skepticism of the models and videos that keep coming out about Chinese or Russian weapon systems. The US defense industry pumps out videos and models left and right and I see skepticism left and right...look at the F-35 as an extreme example. Yet it seems every announcement about a Chinese cruise missile is met with an attitude that whatever is being announced is a done deal. Is this just rampant nationalism, fear-mongering, political posturing...or what?

Honestly we really don't add stuff without checking a lot. This is because we've been burned so much.

Example is tonight I was working on Algerian air defense system. Go to Wikipedia...see Buks, Tunguska and Pantsir. Look around some more find some forums with a bunch of copied posts or an old news article recycled 400 times. Go out to just look to find a picture of an Algerian system. Not one to be found but tons of pictures of them on testing ground in Russia with Russian markings. This means its likely not happening or nothing has been delivered yet. This is why we ask for pictures etc.

In general I hate this string because for every great post (and there are!) there are at least two that seems to be written by somebody who thinks this its a dinky measuring contest or is mad their cable sucks etc. Its annoying. Good news is most can pick out who the boneheads are.

Mike

< Message edited by mikmyk -- 4/25/2016 3:29:14 AM >

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 859
RE: Naval and Defense News - 4/25/2016 6:14:17 AM   
Dysta

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

In general I hate this string because for every great post (and there are!) there are at least two that seems to be written by somebody who thinks this its a dinky measuring contest or is mad their cable sucks etc. Its annoying. Good news is most can pick out who the boneheads are.

I usually made this mistake when I still not fully understand about it. Afterward I only searching for photographs of real-life unit and its specification whenever I need to suggest to DB3000. So far I only check some Chinese units before 2000, which is either missing or with wrong weapon configurations.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 860
RE: Naval and Defense News - 4/25/2016 2:00:40 PM   
Hongjian

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

This is just a defense news thread.

When we post models of Chinese stuff here, it is just for the news value. Until I cant find any confirmation either by picture or official/semi-official announcement of their service status with the Chinese military, I wouldnt request an entry in the DB3000.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 861
RE: Naval and Defense News - 4/25/2016 2:36:38 PM   
Broncepulido

Chinese Wikipedia (with on-line translator) is a good general source for old (and no old, and all with external sources) Chinese warships, but the articles in Chinese Wikipedia about Chinese missiles and planes are, ejem, "short", and are more extensive in English Wikipedia.

(in reply to Hongjian)
Post #: 862
RE: Naval and Defense News - 4/25/2016 4:13:03 PM   
Dysta

quote:

ORIGINAL: Broncepulido

Chinese Wikipedia (with on-line translator) is a good general source for old (and no old, and all with external sources) Chinese warships, but the articles in Chinese Wikipedia about Chinese missiles and planes are, ejem, "short", and are more extensive in English Wikipedia.

I hardly try to refer them from Baidu Baike (Baidu-pedia) or other websites that imitated Chinese encyclopedia. Indeed there are some decent articles of Chinese arsenals that comes with history, development, and even the involved people with names on it. But they are still the same as fan-sites, and some overly optimistic, or real but pictureless weapons will only make more doubts than believing it.

Mostly when foreign media/analysis start to 'see things' (from satellite images to US radar detecting anomalies at China), they will usually try to 'phish out' Chinese weapon developments by giving name on them (like WU-14 the Chinese Hypersonic Vehicle, the name was given by US, and then changed to DF-ZF when they say they're possibly in service). We all know that China never officially announce this kind of weapon, and there are numerous rumors saying China is definitely capable to it. Yet, China denied to follow the western of military transparency, by admitting that development.

But I think I must stop here. As developers said they MUST see pictures and speculations before adding units, there's NOTHING we could do.

< Message edited by Dysta -- 4/25/2016 4:14:34 PM >

(in reply to Broncepulido)
Post #: 863
RE: Naval and Defense News - 4/25/2016 5:29:02 PM   
xavierv

More pics of the Chinese USV
http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3859

Our coverage of DSA:
http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php/news/naval-exhibitions/dsa-2016.html

Next month we'll be at Sea Air Space in Wash. DC, big event for us.

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 864
RE: Naval and Defense News - 4/25/2016 5:29:26 PM   
mikmykWS

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dysta

quote:

I hardly try to refer them from Baidu Baike (Baidu-pedia) or other websites that imitated Chinese encyclopedia. Indeed there are some decent articles of Chinese arsenals that comes with history, development, and even the involved people with names on it. But they are still the same as fan-sites, and some overly optimistic, or real but pictureless weapons will only make more doubts than believing it.

Mostly when foreign media/analysis start to 'see things' (from satellite images to US radar detecting anomalies at China), they will usually try to 'phish out' Chinese weapon developments by giving name on them (like WU-14 the Chinese Hypersonic Vehicle, the name was given by US, and then changed to DF-ZF when they say they're possibly in service). We all know that China never officially announce this kind of weapon, and there are numerous rumors saying China is definitely capable to it. Yet, China denied to follow the western of military transparency, by admitting that development.

But I think I must stop here. As developers said they MUST see pictures and speculations before adding units, there's NOTHING we could do.

Sure there is but it requires patience. Generally thing do appear in enough time to implement.

Our issue is simple. If we add a bunch of stuff that ends up not existing then user scenarios get broken which is a larger problem to solve. Many things can't be handled by just marking it hypothetical. We also start building a bit of a credibility problem in terms of what's real and what isn't. Given that we're taking on all the risk with the game we get to make that decision. I hope you understand.

Oh lot of east vs. west stuff going on too. Warfaresims is from all over the place and probably more importantly we have friends from everywhere. So if you're hanging your hat on claiming there is some kind of bias I would point it out as evidence you really don't know us very well at all. We're pretty even handed because we have to be to get along with each other, never mind you

Thanks!

Mike

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 865
RE: Naval and Defense News - 4/25/2016 7:36:28 PM   
Broncepulido

"Covert Shores" website. Not exactly news, but a very interesting site improved recently, with ideas and references on "obscure" submarines and subsurface "objets":

http://www.hisutton.com/Analysis%20-%20Russian%20Status-6%20aka%20KANYON%20nuclear%20deterrence%20and%20Pr%2009851%20submarine.html

And of course I'm with Mike in no use or implement in the Database "stuff that ends up not existing".

About the Chinese Wikipedia and his useful or not references. As example of useful entry I used this one as the older Chinese frigate, and from she studied entry by entry the evolution of Chinese frigates, and fully tracked on it the development and platform instalation of "old" systems as SY-1, SY-2, HY-1 and HY-2, between other topics, and each point is apparently referenced with sources:
https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/6601%E5%9E%8B%E6%8A%A4%E5%8D%AB%E8%88%B0
(and was a real pain simply to find this entry in the Chinese Wikipedia)

< Message edited by Broncepulido -- 4/25/2016 9:48:12 PM >

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 866
RE: Naval and Defense News - 4/25/2016 10:51:38 PM   
Wiz33

quote:

But I would take everything in the Chinese section with a large amount of salt. I would not believe any performance spec until it was shown or observed by a reliable news source.

Post #: 867
RE: Naval and Defense News - 4/25/2016 10:58:17 PM   
Hongjian

Some more news from the front:

The four PLAN Sovremenny-class DDGs and the single Type 051B Luhai-class DDG have gone into refit some month ago for MLU. Now, we have the first glimpse of their new equipment:

Pr.956E: Universal GJB 5860-2006 VLS modules, at least six of them visible.

We can see that it is indeed the GJB 5860-2006 VLS (for the Type 052D DDG) and not the H/AJK-16 (the official designation for the VLS onboard the 054A, for launching the HHQ-16 and CY-3/Yu-8), because there is no seperate exhaust lid to be seen between the cells. Since we can see the hinges directing towards bow and aft, the H/AJK-16's exhaust would be in the middle between the first four visible cells. But there isnt any, it seems.

While the total number of VLS cells isnt visible due to that tarp, we could already assume that the Sovremennys would get some serious firepower upgrade by these universal VLS alone. LACM, YJ-18 and HHQ-9 SAMs all would be compatible with these VLS. Hopefully there will be good photos available when the MLU is finished and the Pr.956Es are returning to service. What happens with the two Pr.956EMs that are also undergoing MLU, and whether they will have the same upgrades (since their Kashtan CIWS are top notch weapons and shouldnt have been scheduled for replacement), remains to be seen.

Anyway; the second thing would be the final confirmation of the VLS upgrade for the single Type 051B Luhai-class DDG, "Shenzhen".

Again, we cant see the exact number and type of VLS, but we can at least make out that they are indeed VLS lids and that they are mounted on a completely new platform, replacing the previous one for the HHQ-7 short-range SAM.
The VLS should be the H/AJK-16 due to the 2x2 Front-Dome illuminators (in green tarp) now mounted ontop of the superstructure and hangar, usually associated with the HHQ-16 MR-SAM.

Post #: 868
RE: Naval and Defense News - 4/26/2016 6:31:08 AM   
xavierv

Yesssss!!! Haha :lol: What an upset... (remember just one year ago all these Reuters articles who said it was a done deal for Japan, most of them didn't even mention DCNS)

France's DCNS Clinches SEA1000 Future Submarine Program Contract for Royal Australian Navy

quote:

Australia's Prime Minister today announced that the next generation of submarines for Australia will be constructed at the Adelaide shipyard, securing thousands of jobs and ensuring the project will play a key part in the transition of our economy. DCNS of France has been selected as the preferred international partner for the design of the 12 Future Submarines, subject to further discussions on commercial matters.

The Future Submarine project is the largest and most complex defence acquisition Australia has ever undertaken. It will be a vital part of our Defence capability well into the middle of this century.

This $50 billion investment will directly sustain around 1,100 Australian jobs and a further 1,700 Australian jobs through the supply chain.

Today’s announcement follows the comprehensive Competitive Evaluation Process (CEP) involving DCNS, TKMS of Germany and the Government of Japan. Each bidder submitted very high quality proposals and the Australian Government takes this opportunity to thank both TKMS and the Government of Japan for their ongoing commitment to Australia and their participation in the process.

The process was overseen by an independent Expert Advisory Panel, chaired by former Secretary of the United States Navy, Professor Donald Winter. It was peer reviewed by Vice Admiral Paul Sullivan USN (retired) and Rear Admiral Thomas Eccles USN (retired).

This decision was driven by DCNS’s ability to best meet all of Australia's unique capability requirements. These included superior sensor performance and stealth characteristics, as well as range and endurance similar to the Collins Class submarine. The Government’s considerations also included cost, schedule, program execution, through-life support and Australian industry involvement.

Subject to discussions on commercial matters, the design of the Future Submarine with DCNS will begin this year.

http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3879

(in reply to Hongjian)
Post #: 869
RE: Naval and Defense News - 4/26/2016 8:37:20 AM   
Dysta

A good decision, consider the ultimate plan for trans-regional submarine should be nuclear powered, and France have technology for it. Conventional power might be short legged, but Australian navy does have a naval base close enough to prepare troubles from Indonesia and SCS region.

If their cooperation can go further as planned and budget allowed, then one or two nuclear subs will definitely shining the Oceanic naval power as much as US navy at Hawaii.

(in reply to xavierv)
Post #: 870
Page:   <<   < prev  27 28 [29] 30 31   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: Naval and Defense News Page: <<   < prev  27 28 [29] 30 31   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI