Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Field Fortifications

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Field Fortifications Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Field Fortifications - 5/22/2016 10:15:10 PM   
sepp3gd

Although Field Fortifications are present in the Close Combat series, there does not exist an option for customization beyond the deployment of the unit and the respective fighting position dug into the ground (which has been an advanced in Gateway to Caen). Therefore I would really like the ability to prepare positions in depth. For example, any maps controlled behind the front line would now be open to manipulation from engineers to construct field fortifications. I believe that this would add to the depth of game play. One of the best ways to tip the game play would be to have bunkers that allow the MG42 to fire without obstructing the LOS completely, as is sometimes the case currently. AT guns and AA guns also would now have the option to possess overhead cover from artillery and mortar fire. Barbed wire, AT ditches, and AT obstacles as well as mine belts could be strategically placed. In the Russian Front or Iron Cross series, there was an emphasis on field fortifications - I would like to have these not simply as a preconceived part of the map, but enable the ability to increase certain maps defensive capacity significantly strategically allocating it as a strong point on the overall campaign.
Post #: 1
RE: Field Fortifications - 5/23/2016 11:39:33 AM   
CGGrognard

There's a feature in the latter CC games where the defensive units would dig in if they held a map over a day or so. In general, your units are typically in battle or on the move frequently.

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu

(in reply to sepp3gd)
Post #: 2
RE: Field Fortifications - 5/23/2016 9:26:19 PM   
SteveMcClaire

All good suggestions and things we've discussed doing from time to time. Likely not features that will make it into The Bloody First, but definitely something that may make future releases.

Steve

(in reply to CGGrognard)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Field Fortifications Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI