Field Fortifications (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First

sepp3gd -> Field Fortifications (5/22/2016 10:15:10 PM)

Although Field Fortifications are present in the Close Combat series, there does not exist an option for customization beyond the deployment of the unit and the respective fighting position dug into the ground (which has been an advanced in Gateway to Caen). Therefore I would really like the ability to prepare positions in depth. For example, any maps controlled behind the front line would now be open to manipulation from engineers to construct field fortifications. I believe that this would add to the depth of game play. One of the best ways to tip the game play would be to have bunkers that allow the MG42 to fire without obstructing the LOS completely, as is sometimes the case currently. AT guns and AA guns also would now have the option to possess overhead cover from artillery and mortar fire. Barbed wire, AT ditches, and AT obstacles as well as mine belts could be strategically placed. In the Russian Front or Iron Cross series, there was an emphasis on field fortifications - I would like to have these not simply as a preconceived part of the map, but enable the ability to increase certain maps defensive capacity significantly strategically allocating it as a strong point on the overall campaign.

CGGrognard -> RE: Field Fortifications (5/23/2016 11:39:33 AM)

There's a feature in the latter CC games where the defensive units would dig in if they held a map over a day or so. In general, your units are typically in battle or on the move frequently.

SteveMcClaire -> RE: Field Fortifications (5/23/2016 9:26:19 PM)

All good suggestions and things we've discussed doing from time to time. Likely not features that will make it into The Bloody First, but definitely something that may make future releases.

Steve

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI