Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Feature Request

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> RE: Feature Request Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Feature Request - 4/6/2016 11:01:47 PM   
Gerry4321

On big maps it is hard without a zoom to see what are good avenues of advance etc. The Jump map doesn't help with this of course. Really need a zoom for large maps.

(in reply to lhmg)
Post #: 181
RE: Feature Request - 4/7/2016 1:49:37 PM   
lhmg

A LOS tool you could click on from hex and then to hex and it would draw a line and tell you if it was good or not would be great as well

..."And to the Republic, for which it stands."

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 182
RE: Feature Request - 4/9/2016 12:24:01 AM   
baloo7777

I would like to see the ability for a good order Leader w/radio to both call off the artillery he requested before it is fired, and/or to be able to adjust the fire by several hexes (spotting rounds). I have had to vacate the hexes that the friendly spotting rounds crosshairs landed due to drift.

JRR

(in reply to lhmg)
Post #: 183
RE: Feature Request - 4/10/2016 3:06:15 AM   
Gerry4321

Currently the non-playable area of the map is still there and affects scrolling etc. (Often you just scroll into it and have to move back out.) It's frustrating. Would love to see those hexes not displayed at all.

(in reply to baloo7777)
Post #: 184
RE: Feature Request - 4/11/2016 8:21:15 AM   
DoubleDeuce

Not really a feature BUT since the Germans have 6 Infantry units but the Russians only 5, I would like to see a Partisan units added to the Russian OOB. Sort of a 2nd Line unit with a slightly reduced Firepower and Range factor (a 3-3-7 in ASL equivalency ). Adding that single unit would open up many, many more possibilities in scenario design.

(in reply to Krasny)
Post #: 185
RE: Feature Request - 4/11/2016 8:56:12 AM   
UP844

I also would like to see partisans in TotH!

A shameless request: it would be possible to save maps as image files? (So I can harass you all with more and more of my verbose AARs )

(in reply to DoubleDeuce)
Post #: 186
RE: Feature Request - 4/12/2016 7:49:07 PM   
GaiusMarius

Tank crew quality levels. if I didn't miss this feature playing the game.

(in reply to UP844)
Post #: 187
RE: Feature Request - 4/12/2016 10:18:38 PM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: GaiusMarius

This is already in the game, all tanks are of elite morale.

(in reply to GaiusMarius)
Post #: 188
RE: Feature Request - 4/13/2016 6:39:45 PM   
GaiusMarius

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: GaiusMarius

This is already in the game, all tanks are of elite morale.

Hi,

thanks for the prompt answer.

I'll reprhase a little bit: would be good to have tank crews with different quality levels then, if this is not already covered (still learning the ropes in this specific game I apologize in advance if the feature is already in place).

cheers

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 189
RE: Feature Request - 4/18/2016 11:23:37 PM   
gbc

I did not find a similar question, so I ask it. Could be possible to implement an automatic save option? In a number of occasions I did not remember to save the game for more turns and when it became frozen (an event not too much infrequent) I lost it.

(in reply to GaiusMarius)
Post #: 190
RE: Feature Request - 4/19/2016 4:17:33 AM   
Chief2831

I love this game. One of the features that I would like to see would be the addition of every infantry man's favorite "Mines" Nothing messes up and attack worse than running into a minefield where you wanted to go LOL . Perhaps in the future ? Many of the ASL scenerios I have do include mines. Is there a way to simulate them? I can see fortified buildings used as bunkers but havn't thought of a way to simulate a minefield

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 191
RE: Feature Request - 4/21/2016 9:04:07 PM   
UP844

While playing Double Deuce's GToth campaign format, I noticed some features that should be removed (or, at least, made optional) as they provide the player with too much information.

1) When the human player sets up second (and moves first), he will have a brief glimpse of the opponent deployment hexes before he starts deploying his own units. I would prefer to have only a general indication, listed in the scenario description, about the opponent location.

2) On the turn reinforcements enter (or are eligible to enter), the deployment hexes become visible and, in case of reinforcements requiring a dr <= turn number to deploy, the results of the dr appear in the lower right box. Likewise, the results of the activation die roll for Russian radioless AFVs are also visible to the human player, providing him with information about the enemy armor even though he cannot see them. I think it would be more realistic to leave the player wondering if the engine he hears belongs to a BA-6 or to a KV-2? .

3) Enemy OOC units are marked with an "OOC" marker, which is visible to the human player. This leads to unrealistic behaviour: e.g. in one of the scenarios I had to cross a road with a Russian MMG at one end. When it became OOC, my infantry moved (in the open!! ) across the road knowing no one would fire at them.

(in reply to Chief2831)
Post #: 192
RE: Feature Request - 4/21/2016 9:17:12 PM   
Paullus

1) This is fixed in the very soon to be releases UPDATE 1.

2) Agree, on the Bug fix list now

3) Something for Peter to have a think of.

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

(in reply to UP844)
Post #: 193
RE: Feature Request - 4/30/2016 12:48:51 AM   
DavidH13

My TotH wishlist

Add
radio vehicles ( e.g. sdkfz 250/3) - would act as a mobile artillery spotter (simulate german early war superiority in command & control (fully motorized signals battalions), and late war western allied forward artillery observers)

german light flak on 1/2 track (20mm / 37mm) - demonstrate effectiveness of light flak on offense in early war period - hard to do with just the stationary ordnance

Fix
reclaim weapon is weird. units will pick up weapons when they can’t use them (is there a drop?). sometimes crews will not be able to reclaim weapons (unknown if this is a glitch?)

bug? Russian conscript squads can “battle harden” into SMG squads. Perhaps promote them to 1st line squads, they shouldn’t be able to be promoted AND change their weapon mix in the middle of advancing across a field.

bug? AI not sure it can change ordnance facing (CA). seems to get stuck in one facing. not sure about this.

Scenario Editor

recurring annoyance - when deleting units from OOB, the list jumps back up to the top (lose your place in a long list) - in a larger size scenario this adds A LOT of clicking/mouse movement

OOB - allow “control” selecting of more than one unit (to delete groups of units)

allow the sidebar (OOB and terrain selector) to be widened (OOB have to use the little scrollbar back and forth to see unit characteristics then back to unit I.D.)

probably have to do in a future game version:

allow INF units to mount/dismount vehicles
(add trucks - and german motorcycle sidecar w/ mg34 more for the mobility than fighting from the vehicle)

allow vehicles to limber/tow ordnance (add kubelwagen / 1/2 tracks)

Thanks. I love this game!
David H.

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 194
RE: Feature Request - 5/1/2016 6:27:31 AM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: GJK

quote:

ORIGINAL: pupikiza

I would like see:

1 - Smoke grenades *****
2 - Bypass and Dash movement

3 - Multi-Hex Firegroups
4 - MGs fireline (firelane
5 - Spraying fire

6 - Better LOS checker *****

7 - Hexside terrains
8 - Multi-Level Bulding
9 - Ground Snow- Mud

10 -Low Visibility modeling
11 - Factory buildings
12 - User-placed foxholes
13 - User-placed road blocks, mines, wire

14 - Zoom
15 - H-t-H online game

Another thing that i like to see is an option that show the solution breakdown process (i.e. start FPs + halved/doubled reason + drm + tem + final odd ect. ect.)

This list covers about everything that I'd like to see for this generation of the game with smoke grenades, hexside terrain, multi-level buildings and multi-hex firegroups being the biggest.

I'd also like to have the ability to completely disable the C&C/OOC feature for both player and AI.

One petty request is to do away with the little arrow that shows the turret and vehicle facing and make the counters rotate and have a small turret overlay for the actual turret facing.

I trust that the UI will be enhanced over time. It's not the prettiest or most intuitive around but it's functional.

Oh, thought of one more while playing earlier. If I select a unit to fire and find that I don't have LOS, I should be marked as having fired (and a roll for malf. for any SW as well). Obviously only works if you're not cheating by having the game always tell you who has LOS to what.

GJK I agree with every thing you said.

pupikiza,your ideas are great, lets hope they are implemented.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to GJK)
Post #: 195
RE: Feature Request - 5/1/2016 4:05:43 PM   
baloo7777

I would like to see AFVs able to overrun soft targets and ordnance. At least ordnance in clear terrain.

JRR

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 196
RE: Feature Request - 5/14/2016 7:38:00 AM   
mainsworthy

I THINK EVERYBODY WOULD AGREE, THAT ASL TYPE CHARTS THAT POPUP WITH DIE ROLL RESULTS OF AN ATTACK WOULD BE GOOD, AND A PRIOR LOOK AT A POP UP CHART BEFORE AN ATTACK WOULD BE GOOD. O AM WRITTING IN CAPITALS BECAUSE THIS IS PROBABLY THE BEST FEATURE YOU COULD ADD.

also id like the editor to show unit icons aswell as names when selecting them for inclusion in a scenario.

(in reply to Krasny)
Post #: 197
RE: Feature Request - 5/14/2016 7:23:20 PM   
armonica

quote:

I would like see:

1 - Smoke grenades *****

3 - Multi-Hex Firegroups
4 - MGs fireline
5 - Spraying fire

7 - Hexside terrains
8 - Multi-Level Bulding
9 - Ground Snow- Mud

11 - Factory buildings

14 - Zoom
15 - H-t-H online game

Another thing that i like to see is an option that show the solution breakdown process (i.e. start FPs + halved/doubled reason + drm + tem + final odd ect. ect.)

Agreed on everything, that would be THE GAME I was waiting for!....

(in reply to pupikiza)
Post #: 198
RE: Feature Request - 5/30/2016 11:34:00 AM   
LPKreitz

It would also be nice if more features from ASL could be incorporated like stone walls, multi-level buildings, etc. etc. I'm sure many more features could be talked about and added. Even if it would ne necessary to charge for the upgrade. ASL was/is a great game and TotH can be as good if not better.

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 199
RE: Feature Request - 5/30/2016 8:33:38 PM   
PDiFolco

quote:

I would like see:

1 - Smoke grenades *****

3 - Multi-Hex Firegroups
4 - MGs fireline
5 - Spraying fire

7 - Hexside terrains
8 - Multi-Level Bulding
9 - Ground Snow- Mud

11 - Factory buildings

14 - Zoom
15 - H-t-H online game

All this, plus Hidden/concealed troops and more realistic handling of FoW, ie you shouldn't identify a "1st line squad", but only a "rifle squad" .

(in reply to pupikiza)
Post #: 200
RE: Feature Request - 5/31/2016 1:01:04 PM   
fuselex

Possibly changing the colouring of hill hexes?
An old fella like me has a bit of trouble with distinguishing between lvl2 and lvl3 hills .
I know mousing over the hex will give me the info , but just glancing at the map and spotting the different lvl`s would be great.

(in reply to PDiFolco)
Post #: 201
RE: Feature Request - 5/31/2016 2:40:14 PM   
rico21

+1

or place a pin...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Krasny)
Post #: 202
RE: Feature Request - 5/31/2016 5:47:38 PM   
fuselex

+1 again , I realise some people can mod it , but Just as a visual change

< Message edited by fuselex -- 5/31/2016 5:52:57 PM >

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 203
RE: Feature Request - 6/1/2016 6:25:58 AM   
fran52

quote:

I would like see:

1 - Smoke grenades *****

3 - Multi-Hex Firegroups
4 - MGs fireline
5 - Spraying fire

7 - Hexside terrains
8 - Multi-Level Bulding
9 - Ground Snow- Mud
11 - Factory buildings

14 - Zoom
15 - H-t-H online game

I agree with you also if the more important ,in my opinion,are the 7-9-12-13.With this features implemented we can reproduce a lot of ASL scenarios.
I wait especially
the 9 to reproduce someone ,snow and mud that influence the movement not a graphic change.

(in reply to fuselex)
Post #: 204
RE: Feature Request - 6/4/2016 12:27:13 AM   
kcnicho

Long time ASLer (even SL!) so I was pretty stoked to see this game with the ASL mod! My wish right now would be for support for larger native screen resolutions.

Just got the game, all excited to play. Clicked "Play" and got an error that says game only supports XYZ resolutions (not mine, of course). Mine is 2560 x 1600 on a 30" screen. I have a laptop at 2880 x 1620, also not supported. Sure, I can "scale" one of the supported resolutions on my monitor, but that never looks good, usually ending up very fuzzy & blurred, not nice, crisp & sharp like with native resolution. I suspect it's because the UI is "hand coded" for specific resolutions, rather than coded in such a way as to allow *any* resolution.

As I read in another comment, these days such resolutions are not all that uncommon, and will be more & more prevalent, even "4k"!

So, keep up the good work, and please consider supporting higher resolutions.

Thanks,

- Kevin

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 205
RE: Feature Request - 6/6/2016 6:43:35 PM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: Suul

Hello all,

I was thinking about this for my style of play. I personally prefer using only the mouse. If possible could the leader, squad and weapon frame have a click on/click off style for each element. For example click the leader, he is selected, click the squad it is selected, and if I change my mind before the right click for the attack I could click the leader again to deselect him, maybe to use him in a different attack? I would like to play on a laptop, tablet and a TV screen. Clicking units on and clicking units off independently means I would not be repeatedly reaching for the control key on the keyboard. To make a group for moving or firing requires clicking the correct units, but is it really necessary to have to also hold down the control key?

This is me also ^^^ movement is painful in my old age. Just clicking the mouse is an ordeal but I can deal with that but many games that require keyboard use especially the dreaded wasd keys I shy away from pretty fast. Total mouse control for me with maybe 1 or 2 buttons mostly spacebar and ctrl or alt keys please.

< Message edited by aaatoysandmore -- 6/6/2016 6:45:59 PM >

(in reply to Suul)
Post #: 206
RE: Feature Request - 6/6/2016 6:47:09 PM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: kcnicho

Long time ASLer (even SL!) so I was pretty stoked to see this game with the ASL mod! My wish right now would be for support for larger native screen resolutions.

Just got the game, all excited to play. Clicked "Play" and got an error that says game only supports XYZ resolutions (not mine, of course). Mine is 2560 x 1600 on a 30" screen. I have a laptop at 2880 x 1620, also not supported. Sure, I can "scale" one of the supported resolutions on my monitor, but that never looks good, usually ending up very fuzzy & blurred, not nice, crisp & sharp like with native resolution. I suspect it's because the UI is "hand coded" for specific resolutions, rather than coded in such a way as to allow *any* resolution.

As I read in another comment, these days such resolutions are not all that uncommon, and will be more & more prevalent, even "4k"!

So, keep up the good work, and please consider supporting higher resolutions.

Thanks,

- Kevin

I support "LOWER" resolutions. 600x800 is nice 1024x7xx is perfect though. These higher resolutions are going to ruin eyes in the future. Even the 1600x xxxx helped to ruin mine. I can hardly read anything higher than 1024x's now. I can get by on 1200x's but prefer not to have to.

(in reply to kcnicho)
Post #: 207
RE: Feature Request - 6/16/2016 5:52:26 AM   
ParadogsGamer

We need multi hex fire groups please :-)

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 208
RE: Feature Request - 6/16/2016 10:36:13 AM   
jonj01

quote:

Scenario Editor

recurring annoyance - when deleting units from OOB, the list jumps back up to the top (lose your place in a long list) - in a larger size scenario this adds A LOT of clicking/mouse movement

this,
hard to modify units. be able to fix AI units at one hex...the"defend hex" feature is leaky..units still run around

(in reply to DavidH13)
Post #: 209
RE: Feature Request - 6/17/2016 3:03:15 AM   
happyloaf

Smoke and multi-hex fire groups. Rough idea on percentages on effect of shots. A much better manual that explains in depth things like cowering, pinning, and being shot at by moving. The general concepts are there but lack the detail that explains the core mechanics.

(in reply to jonj01)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> RE: Feature Request Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI