Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Command LIVE – Episode 1 is out!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: Command LIVE – Episode 1 is out! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Command LIVE – Episode 1 is out! - 7/25/2016 12:38:32 PM   
Pergite!

quote:

"The international community intervenes to put a halt to the hostilities immediately. Backed up by American and European pressure, both the Russian and Turkish Governments accept an immediate cease fire. The situation remains tense but the shooting has stopped – at least for now."

Hey! I am the international community, and I was actually doing quite a good job putting a halt to the hostilities on my own thank you!
I had 17hrs left to go, and a ton of LGB:s ready for a dawn ride...

Great scenario!

(in reply to WYBaugh)
Post #: 31
RE: Command LIVE – Episode 1 is out! - 7/29/2016 10:58:54 AM   
Grim.Reaper

Hello, quick question...if you buy the dlc from matrix store, do you still get a steam key as well for the dlc? Or just a key for non steam version?

(in reply to Pergite!)
Post #: 32
RE: Command LIVE – Episode 1 is out! - 8/2/2016 12:54:24 AM   
FoxZz

I've noticed some "bugs" when it comes to sides switching hostile.

First, at somepoint the coalition is attacking ISIS targets, but the bomb they drop are considered hostile by Russian airforce and make the entire coalition side switching red and then Russians planes and aa start shooting resulting in a war between coalition and Russia. This should not be possible since those bombs are attacking ISIS assets and not Russian assets.

Secondly, at some point some of my SU-30s went in the are of the French CVBG without knowing it,and then without any warning my plane shave been shot down by Aster 30 missiles. Shouldn't the Su-30 be intercepted by the carrier CAP and radioed before being shot from the sky ?

Also it could be nice to receive a message when a side switch from neutral to hostile with some explications.

On the mission itself, why not giving to each side a more complete OOB ?

USA : A CVBG in the red sea and some additional planes in al-dhafra with some F-22.
Coalition : Al-dhafra airbase (Rafale and refuellers), The Jordanian airbase (Mirage 2000Ds) a FREMM frigate and a Rubis class submarine going with the French CVBG
Russia : control over the Caucase airbase and the black sea fleet and more planes. I think there is also a S-300 system in Syria in addition to the S-400.

Otherwise, it's quiet a good campaign, I like it a lot, it's very in depth, I love how it depicts the messy situation with tons of contacts both civilians and military all with different goals.

< Message edited by FoxZz -- 8/2/2016 1:08:16 AM >

(in reply to WYBaugh)
Post #: 33
RE: Command LIVE – Episode 1 is out! - 8/2/2016 11:40:28 AM   
Gunner98

FoxZz

I believe that the coalition going hostile too early is addressed in the next release - not sure when it will come out.

There is an intercept mission on the CV so not sure about the shoot-down, unless all the interceptors had already been launched. Sniffing around the CV is not healthy.

I considered messages about going hostile but the number of variables and circumstance made it quite problematic. Pinning down why a side goes hostile is complex and I figured that working the events to that level left a risk of getting the wrong message for the event and decided not to do it, a wrong message is worse than no message.

Limited the scope and OOB to try and keep the complexity manageable. Al-dhafra and the Persian Gulf (where the CSG is at the time) is a long way away and there is the missions in Iraq, Yemen, Gulf of Aden and coast of Somalia to worry about. So they're busy. WRT the Russian forces, no tactical commander would ever have control over more than one AO and those forces (the once you could use) are strategic, so you would not get them for a tactical mission, especially when you start out in a routine peace time situation. If you have evidence of S-300's I'll consider it but I couldn't find any, and the S-400 does just fine, causes major problems for the Turks and almost unbalances the game on its own.

Glad your enjoying it.

B

(in reply to FoxZz)
Post #: 34
RE: Command LIVE – Episode 1 is out! - 8/22/2016 8:03:45 PM   
serjames

Is there a dedicated feedback/question thread about the scernario - I've looked but no Cookie.

I too am having French Forces Going Hostile for seemingly no reason and Launching AA at my AEW aircraft. No obvious cause of the Change ?

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 35
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: Command LIVE – Episode 1 is out! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI