Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Convert old senarios to ver 5.0

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Convert old senarios to ver 5.0 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Convert old senarios to ver 5.0 - 5/8/2001 9:24:00 AM   
sg

Just got ver 5.0 up and running and was checking out the scenario list. Wild Bill did a great job converting all those to ver 5.0, but after after checking the new list against the ones I had accumulated in ver 4.5, I have many that have not been upgraded. Is there a quick/easy/painless way to do this so the old scenarios work with the new version? Thanks for any help, Steve.

"****, we're in a tight spot!"
Ulysses Everett McGill.
Post #: 1
- 5/8/2001 10:01:00 AM   
sg

P.S. Wild Bill must have really liked "The maus that roared-45(BGR) Scen#144 & 172 ;) Steve.

"****, we're in a tight spot!"
Ulysses Everett McGill.

(in reply to sg)
Post #: 2
- 5/8/2001 10:21:00 AM   
Don

Any scenario made recently should work ok - the biggest thing is units showing up as something else because of OOB changes. Try them - they'll probably be ok. There are two versions of the "Maus" because they are played from different sides.

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to sg)
Post #: 3
- 5/8/2001 11:14:00 AM   
Redleg

It is quite a chore to convert scenarios from older to 5.0 if they are to work right. In most cases, it involves a complete repurchase and deployment of both sides and playtesting almost as if it was a new scenario..... no easy way I have found.

(in reply to sg)
Post #: 4
- 5/8/2001 1:07:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Well, to be honest, I had some good help on reviewing and correcting scenarios. It is possible that we still missed a couple. There were a lot of last minute changes to the OOB files. Then of course, scenarios done outside the Raider=Beta Team were also outside of my sphere of influence. If you do find one that came with the download that is not correct, e-mail me and tell me which one it is. Updating a scenario should not be that difficult if you are only substituting the correct unit for the half-track that is there in its place. What happens is that when a unit is moved in the OOB file and the scenario can't find it (it moved! :eek: ) it uses a half-track or some other icon to fill the space, a "default" icon. The unit is still named the same so it is a simple matter of finding those units and replacing them with the correct ones. The more difficult are the ones that have units that have been removed for one reason or another. They require then a substitute. There were a few of those that we had to doctor on too. I am hoping that the outside designers who contributed scenarios to the game depot will upgrade their work. Of course a lot of mine and of other Raiders will have to be upgraded too...ARGH! Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to sg)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Convert old senarios to ver 5.0 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI