Convert old senarios to ver 5.0 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

sg -> Convert old senarios to ver 5.0 (5/8/2001 9:24:00 AM)

Just got ver 5.0 up and running and was checking out the scenario list. Wild Bill did a great job converting all those to ver 5.0, but after after checking the new list against the ones I had accumulated in ver 4.5, I have many that have not been upgraded. Is there a quick/easy/painless way to do this so the old scenarios work with the new version? Thanks for any help, Steve.

sg -> (5/8/2001 10:01:00 AM)

P.S. Wild Bill must have really liked "The maus that roared-45(BGR) Scen#144 & 172 ;) Steve.

Don -> (5/8/2001 10:21:00 AM)

Any scenario made recently should work ok - the biggest thing is units showing up as something else because of OOB changes. Try them - they'll probably be ok. There are two versions of the "Maus" because they are played from different sides.

Redleg -> (5/8/2001 11:14:00 AM)

It is quite a chore to convert scenarios from older to 5.0 if they are to work right. In most cases, it involves a complete repurchase and deployment of both sides and playtesting almost as if it was a new scenario..... no easy way I have found.

Wild Bill -> (5/8/2001 1:07:00 PM)

Well, to be honest, I had some good help on reviewing and correcting scenarios. It is possible that we still missed a couple. There were a lot of last minute changes to the OOB files. Then of course, scenarios done outside the Raider=Beta Team were also outside of my sphere of influence. If you do find one that came with the download that is not correct, e-mail me and tell me which one it is. Updating a scenario should not be that difficult if you are only substituting the correct unit for the half-track that is there in its place. What happens is that when a unit is moved in the OOB file and the scenario can't find it (it moved! :eek: ) it uses a half-track or some other icon to fill the space, a "default" icon. The unit is still named the same so it is a simple matter of finding those units and replacing them with the correct ones. The more difficult are the ones that have units that have been removed for one reason or another. They require then a substitute. There were a few of those that we had to doctor on too. I am hoping that the outside designers who contributed scenarios to the game depot will upgrade their work. Of course a lot of mine and of other Raiders will have to be upgraded too...ARGH! Wild Bill

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI