Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: OT Things to ponder

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: OT Things to ponder Page: <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: OT Things to ponder - 8/3/2016 8:03:51 PM   
geofflambert

Here's a clip of the hawk on the other fence. She tilts her head to look up into the maple tree trying to figure out what those crazy squirrels are up to.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by geofflambert -- 8/3/2016 9:55:59 PM >

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 751
RE: OT Things to ponder - 8/3/2016 10:17:40 PM   
rustysi

Or maybe she's wondering if its time for her next meal.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

Post #: 752
RE: OT Things to ponder - 8/4/2016 2:18:58 PM   
geofflambert

I have a business idea. I think I could be the next Jeff Bezos. It just so happens that my left foot is a size 13 and my right foot is a size 12 and one half. My right foot often complains to me that his shoe is too large. Why can't you buy shoes wherein the right is a different size from the left? This almost seems to me to be a Civil Rights issue. But what the hey? If we can make money selling shoes where the pairs consist of shoes of different sizes, who is to stop us? If you agree, send money to "come fund me at blah blah blah".

When I'm watching "the news" on TV these days I keep seeing "the news anchors" saying 'if you'd like to comment text to blah blah blah'. What the f is texting to blah blah blah even mean? Am I just too old to understand these things? If you have an answer for me please text to blah blah blah.

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 753
RE: OT Things to ponder - 8/4/2016 2:36:04 PM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

I have a business idea. I think I could be the next Jeff Bezos. It just so happens that my left foot is a size 13 and my right foot is a size 12 and one half. My right foot often complains to me that his shoe is too large. Why can't you buy shoes wherein the right is a different size from the left? This almost seems to me to be a Civil Rights issue. But what the hey? If we can make money selling shoes where the pairs consist of shoes of different sizes, who is to stop us? If you agree, send money to "come fund me at blah blah blah".

When I'm watching "the news" on TV these days I keep seeing "the news anchors" saying 'if you'd like to comment text to blah blah blah'. What the f is texting to blah blah blah even mean? Am I just too old to understand these things? If you have an answer for me please text to blah blah blah.

You have just invented a superior mousetrap. Why don't you go on Kickstarter?

Post #: 754
RE: OT Things to ponder - 8/4/2016 4:55:31 PM   
witpqs

A better solution to get money would be a foot stretcher. Much more likely to attract investors.

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 755
RE: OT Things to ponder - 8/4/2016 6:50:06 PM   
pws1225

Or let his toe nails grow out.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 756
RE: OT Things to ponder - 8/4/2016 8:22:07 PM   
geofflambert

Here's something that annoys the heck out of me about Windows. The "Pictures" folder, the "Documents" folder and the "Downloads" folder. I figured out how to make the default download location to be the Desktop. I work with whatever there and when I'm done I either put it in a folder of my own creation or put it in the Recycle Bin. Now when I save pictures Windows sometimes but not always figures out I want that to go to the Desktop. Other things, regardless of whether they are documents or not get sent to the "Documents" folder. I don't want anything ever, ever, ever to get sent there. I hate that. If I eliminate the "Documents" folder and the "Pictures" folder what will happen? Anybody know? Is there some other way I can get the default on saves to be the Desktop?

And don't say let my toenails grow, I already tried that.

< Message edited by geofflambert -- 8/4/2016 8:25:01 PM >

(in reply to pws1225)
Post #: 757
RE: OT Things to ponder - 8/5/2016 2:19:47 AM   
geofflambert

The cicadas here are in full throat. Don't know what brood they belong to, but I never ask too many questions about that sort of thing.

Post #: 758
RE: OT Things to ponder - 8/5/2016 2:32:39 PM   
Lecivius

Attachment (1)

Post #: 759
RE: OT Things to ponder - 8/5/2016 3:46:34 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

No.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 760
RE: OT Things to ponder - 8/5/2016 4:07:48 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

No.

...but they would be double-cousins.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 761
RE: OT Things to ponder - 8/5/2016 4:53:16 PM   
Lecivius

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

With double chins?

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 762
RE: OT Things to ponder - 8/5/2016 4:58:12 PM   
witpqs

quote:

quote:

With double chins?

Consider four people, unrelated, marry & have children as follows: A + B -> C, and X + Y -> Z. C and Z are not related.

Consider that A and X are siblings. A + B -> C, and X + Y -> Z. C and Z are first cousins.

Consider that A and X are siblings, and B and Y are siblings. A + B -> C, and X + Y -> Z. C and Z are double cousins.

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 763
RE: OT Things to ponder - 8/5/2016 7:05:40 PM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

quote:

With double chins?

Consider four people, unrelated, marry & have children as follows: A + B -> C, and X + Y -> Z. C and Z are not related.

Consider that A and X are siblings. A + B -> C, and X + Y -> Z. C and Z are first cousins.

Consider that A and X are siblings, and B and Y are siblings. A + B -> C, and X + Y -> Z. C and Z are double cousins.

So you are saying they would be second cousins?

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 764
RE: OT Things to ponder - 8/5/2016 8:17:47 PM   
geofflambert

What if the two brothers and two sisters had the same two parents who happened to be fraternal twins? I was born in West Virginia, I've heard of things like that.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 765
RE: OT Things to ponder - 8/5/2016 8:33:20 PM   
Lecivius

Attachment (1)

Post #: 766
RE: OT Things to ponder - 8/5/2016 9:03:12 PM   
BillBrown

quote:

What if the two brothers and two sisters had the same two parents who happened to be fraternal twins? I was born in West Virginia, I've heard of things like that.

Would they be Gorns?

Post #: 767
RE: OT Things to ponder - 8/5/2016 9:03:15 PM   
Zorch

quote:

I was born in West Virginia, I've heard of things like that.

That explains a lot!

Post #: 768
RE: OT Things to ponder - 8/5/2016 9:18:15 PM   
Orm

quote:

Then one would be Green Goblin and the other Nightcrawler.

Post #: 769
RE: OT Things to ponder - 8/7/2016 6:21:33 PM   
geofflambert

There's a wyrmm loose in the forum. Everyone take cover.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 770
RE: OT Things to ponder - 8/7/2016 6:23:08 PM   
witpqs

quote:

Here there be dragons!

Post #: 771
RE: OT Things to ponder - 8/7/2016 8:25:36 PM   
Zorch

quote:

quote:

Here there be dragons!

The Gorn Riders of Wyrmm?

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 772
RE: OT Things to ponder - 8/8/2016 2:21:15 PM   
Lecivius

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 773
RE: OT Things to ponder - 8/8/2016 2:22:26 PM   
Lecivius

< Message edited by Lecivius -- 8/8/2016 2:23:48 PM >

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 774
RE: OT Things to ponder - 8/8/2016 2:24:23 PM   
Lecivius

Aw, fuhgedaboudit

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 775
RE: OT Things to ponder - 8/8/2016 3:17:02 PM   
geofflambert

I know what Lecivius was complaining about. It was this: http://www.omaha.com/news/world/italian-sailor-uses-mouth-to-mouth-to-revive-kitten/article_6220e147-8fcb-5ef0-9314-af7fa3eb4fb1.html

I'm sorry but this is an unacceptable preversion by an Italian prevert. When I was a boy scout, they taught us that before giving mouth-to-mouth you were to take a needle and pin the subject's tongue to his lip to keep him from swallowing his tongue and choking to death on it (a needle and thread were a part of our kit we were to have on our persons at all times). Then you were to blow hard into his mouth while holding his nostrils shut three times. Next you were to do chest compressions for about 5 to 10 times (I don't remember how many). Nowadays they say skip the mouth to mouth and just do chest compressions. If the guy swallows his tongue and you don't blow it back out with your compressions, you're not pressing hard enough. This Italian sailor endangered this poor little kitten's life by engaging in this preverted desire to do something French in its mouth. I would be militating for charges to be filed against him, but somehow the kitten survived. I will now be able to feed a live kitten to one of my lady gorn friends.

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 776
RE: OT Things to ponder - 8/8/2016 8:37:02 PM   
Orm

quote:

Aw, fuhgedaboudit

Help. He tries to hex me.

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 777
RE: OT Things to ponder - 8/9/2016 12:16:09 AM   
geofflambert

There's this commercial about a "***ck", let's call it an Endeavor. I hope there's no car model under any label named "Endeavor", but if there is it's their fault, not mine. Let's not let me get too far out of hand griping about car commercials. The only ones that talk about features instead of trying to sell how the car looks talk about how their model will apply the brakes without your permission. Now I'm going to envision myself as an insurance company executive and try to figure out my risk exposure to letting a car company, my client, install technology that will take over the operations of an automobile from the otherwise insurable driver. Our experience with the AI in this game should lead all of us to never purchase such a car. There will nonetheless be lots of people who will. Maybe they will think "well, if you know, like maybe I'm texting and not watching where I'm driving and the car will take over and keep me from killing anyone". All the car ads that are for cars without that feature mostly show apple pie and kittens to give us a warm feeling about their automobile. I guess all cars are the same as long as they have apple pie and kittens in them. We can quibble about how much cinnamon is in the pie or how cute the kittens are, but that's where the auto industry seems to be stuck, whether foreign or domestic. Well, I really have a different axe to grind today. Remember that actor dressed up like a cowboy sitting on a horse and this woman writhing in the dirt was crying "Jesse, don't leave!" and the cowboy said "I'm a loner and a loner's got to be alone" and he rides off and gets knocked off his horse by a graphic on the screen and the woman cries "Jesse???, Jesse?". Pretty funny really but not effective because I don't remember what the ad was for. Anyways, that actor is a little itty bitty guy, maybe 5'2" if that. He was in a car commercial about a year ago and when he stood next to the car he was trying to sell that car's roof was higher than the top of his head and it looked yuuuuuuuuuge. So anyway, this vehicle I'm calling an "Endeavor", it is being sold as an SUV. It looks to me like it's a compact car that is made to look like an SUV and I've tried hard to envision it as an SUV. I just can't pull it off. End of Rant for the Day.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 778
RE: OT Things to ponder - 8/9/2016 1:51:26 AM   
scout1

quote:

If you were truly born in WV, you would have used the correct description "West By God Virginia"
Those of us born there, know this .......

Post #: 779
RE: OT Things to ponder - 8/9/2016 1:56:36 AM   
Zorch

quote:

I know what Lecivius was complaining about. It was this: http://www.omaha.com/news/world/italian-sailor-uses-mouth-to-mouth-to-revive-kitten/article_6220e147-8fcb-5ef0-9314-af7fa3eb4fb1.html

I'm sorry but this is an unacceptable preversion by an Italian prevert. When I was a boy scout, they taught us that before giving mouth-to-mouth you were to take a needle and pin the subject's tongue to his lip to keep him from swallowing his tongue and choking to death on it (a needle and thread were a part of our kit we were to have on our persons at all times). Then you were to blow hard into his mouth while holding his nostrils shut three times. Next you were to do chest compressions for about 5 to 10 times (I don't remember how many). Nowadays they say skip the mouth to mouth and just do chest compressions. If the guy swallows his tongue and you don't blow it back out with your compressions, you're not pressing hard enough. This Italian sailor endangered this poor little kitten's life by engaging in this preverted desire to do something French in its mouth. I would be militating for charges to be filed against him, but somehow the kitten survived. I will now be able to feed a live kitten to one of my lady gorn friends.

Every time I hear "prevert", I think of Dr. Strangelove and the following immortal line...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 780
Page:   <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: OT Things to ponder Page: <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI