Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What game(s) have you been playing?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What game(s) have you been playing? Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What game(s) have you been playing? - 8/6/2016 7:33:25 PM   
Kuokkanen

I bought Wolfenstein: The Old Blood. Donwloading now. to pass the time I looked up some reviews and stuff about the game. Looks like game has grammar nazi

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 91
RE: What game(s) have you been playing? - 8/8/2016 4:22:20 AM   
burlesqueballer

Bought my kid a ps4, I let him play it sometimes! Grand theft Auto and Fallout :D

(in reply to jamus34)
Post #: 92
RE: What game(s) have you been playing? - 8/13/2016 2:42:47 PM   
Tae55yang

I love the flash games - It's really fun and need a few time for playing. I don't like a big patetic game. In any case, I don't have much time to waste on games that require several days or even months to complete.

< Message edited by Tae55yang -- 8/13/2016 2:45:20 PM >

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 93
RE: What game(s) have you been playing? - 8/13/2016 3:55:57 PM   
Hattori Hanzo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tae55yang

I love the flash games - It's really fun and need a few time for playing. I don't like a big patetic game. In any case, I don't have much time to waste on games that require several days or even months to complete.

if you hate the patetic games that takes days, months or even years to complete you are on the right forum..

(in reply to Tae55yang)
Post #: 94
RE: What game(s) have you been playing? - 8/13/2016 6:00:14 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tae55yang

I like quick flash games too but I also really enjoy lengthy strategy-war-simulations, and they are certainly not pathetic = very bad, poor, weak...

Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427

(in reply to Tae55yang)
Post #: 95
RE: What game(s) have you been playing? - 8/19/2016 10:26:29 AM   
VPaulus

bump

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 96
RE: What game(s) have you been playing? - 8/19/2016 11:00:01 AM   
Franciscus

WW2 Europe by Schwerpunkt, v1.08 beta.

Certainly big, hardly pathetic.

Many scenarios available, a much improved AI (only remains a bug in AI supply operations in some scenarios).

And all scenarios of North Africa available. Even a monster one, 1940-1943, with air, naval, ground units, complete OOBs, amphibious landings, reinforcements, you name it. (certainly worth the attention of other Mediterranean war enthusiasts here )

Only issue: finding time to play...

Regards

< Message edited by Franciscus -- 8/19/2016 11:01:19 AM >

Former AJE team member

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 97
RE: What game(s) have you been playing? - 9/7/2016 8:23:47 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Franciscus

And all scenarios of North Africa available. Even a monster one, 1940-1943, with air, naval, ground units, complete OOBs, amphibious landings, reinforcements, you name it. (certainly worth the attention of other Mediterranean war enthusiasts here )

warspite1

This had my attention a while back - January 2015. Sadly I am not very good with computers and I could not get the game to work. Schwerpunkt were great - even though it was my stupidity with all things computers - they gave me my money back immediately.

Real shame as the idea of a Mediterranean War 1940-43 somewhat appeals (I may have mentioned that before ) but no point if I can't even get the game to run.

Glad you are enjoying it.

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 9/7/2016 8:24:48 PM >

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Franciscus)
Post #: 98
RE: What game(s) have you been playing? - 9/7/2016 8:50:54 PM   
wodin

WOFF, GT Muis front, CM Final Blitzkrieg, HoN new DLC, Verdun, RO2

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 99
RE: What game(s) have you been playing? - 9/7/2016 9:32:38 PM   
Alan Sharif

Ageod's 30 Years War. A fantastic game I would happily recommend to any fan of the era. However, need to invest some time in understanding the various components, but it is not as difficult as you might think. However, you then need to invest a lot more time working out how to bring these various strands together into a coherent strategy. Once you have cracked that, possibly with a great deal of trial and error, you have one hell of a fantastic game. I am a recent convert to Ageod Games, and I cannot believe how I had missed out on these great games for so long.

A Sharif

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 100
RE: What game(s) have you been playing? - 9/7/2016 10:56:57 PM   
Will_L_OLD

CW2, WITP-AE, BOA2/WIA, OOTP17.

(in reply to Alan Sharif)
Post #: 101
RE: What game(s) have you been playing? - 9/8/2016 2:56:53 AM   
Ranger33

Squad - Lots and lots of it. I think it's probably the most fun I've ever had with a multiplayer FPS. They recently added vehicles and expanded the maps to be huge. This game really allows for freedom of movement and semi-realistic tactics, the need for scouting and observation, and an overall coordinated strategy.

Unity - Not really a game, but learning to make games. Having a lot of fun working my way through a book on the topic. So far I've made a couple of simple arcade type games, then an Angry Birds clone, and now working on a top down space shoot-em-up. Sometimes it's overwhelming, but then you think of something cool and make it a reality in your game, very satisfying. I've even got an idea for a unique wargame, but that's probably a year or two off.

< Message edited by Ranger33 -- 9/8/2016 2:58:17 AM >

(in reply to Will_L_OLD)
Post #: 102
RE: What game(s) have you been playing? - 9/8/2016 4:34:46 AM   
Nen

Brawlhalla - It's like super smash bros, it's pretty fun, but it can really bring out the worst in a person at times.

Distant worlds - been playing this for a while, also currently making a character mod for it.

(in reply to Ranger33)
Post #: 103
RE: What game(s) have you been playing? - 9/8/2016 8:42:29 AM   
Agathosdaimon

I am having alot of fun with World of Warships i admit - currently using the Kaiser German Battleship

I am on bit of a naval bender at the moment and my love of old games has led me to ordering a boxed copy of the old game Action Stations - floppy disks and all. So i will be giving that some attention when it arrives

(in reply to Nen)
Post #: 104
RE: What game(s) have you been playing? - 9/8/2016 9:38:45 AM   
aaatoysandmore

If you can get "The Grandest Fleet" to work on Dosbox or Dfend it's a pretty fun naval and air game (carriers).

(in reply to Agathosdaimon)
Post #: 105
RE: What game(s) have you been playing? - 9/8/2016 10:56:25 AM   
Agathosdaimon

I am yet to come across a dos game that dosbox wont run!

I dont own grandest fleet, but certainly would like to get a boxed copy. Even though all the dos games are online and you can go to that Archives web site where you can run dos games in the browser on that site, i personally still like to actually own it -
i have added a few wonderful old games with their superb box art to my collection this year - Tigers on the Prowl, Their Finest Hour, Great Naval Battles of the North Atlantic ( i had the disks already but couldnt pass up the original boxed german language version) and Destroyer Command (although i have heard it was not very good, some patches improved it and i always kind of like broken games too for some reason)

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 106
RE: What game(s) have you been playing? - 9/8/2016 11:54:06 AM   
Gilmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

I bought Wolfenstein: The Old Blood. Donwloading now. to pass the time I looked up some reviews and stuff about the game. Looks like game has grammar nazi

I really like the newer Wolfenstein games.

"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/11/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 107
RE: What game(s) have you been playing? - 9/8/2016 1:23:25 PM   
Mylesmata

quote:

ORIGINAL: H Gilmer

I really like the newer Wolfenstein games.

They've all been surprisingly good, as was Return to Castle Wolfenstein (2001). I never tried Wolfenstein (2009), but it was pulled from Steam so I imagine there were some issues with it.

I recently got around to playing Quake IV and my reactions went from hating it to loving it to being disappointed by it, then back to hating it. In that order. With the recent DOOM being received well, I have hopes that id Software will return to the (single-player) Quake series, but I doubt they'll be able to recreate the mastery of Quake I, my first true FPS-love.

(in reply to Gilmer)
Post #: 108
RE: What game(s) have you been playing? - 9/9/2016 3:58:09 AM   
Agathosdaimon

update on my games - I just got Destroyed Command finally and it plays beautifully on windows 7, and version 1.0.3 is fantastic and tough, definitely one that i thnk GOG.com should add to their store also

(in reply to Mylesmata)
Post #: 109
RE: What game(s) have you been playing? - 9/9/2016 4:22:01 AM   
DonCzirr

Been playing all mobile games as of late as work does not allow investment in PC game time.

Anyways ....

Battlefleet Gothic Leviathan - Turn based fleet battles in the 40k universe - this is the meaning of happiness ...

Bulge 44 by Mr. Tiller - Nebelwerfers, Infiltration Troops, German big cat tanks to play with .... much fun to be had .....

Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896

Post #: 110
RE: What game(s) have you been playing? - 9/9/2016 4:38:47 AM   
radic202

quote:

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

If you can get "The Grandest Fleet" to work on Dosbox or Dfend it's a pretty fun naval and air game (carriers).

Holly Crap! One of my all time favorite games way back when (1995 I think). Now I have something to try and get to work and play this weekend, thanks for bringing up something I had totally forgot about my friend!

http://www.myabandonware.com/game/the-grandest-fleet-30z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOvRhclqGbk

It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 111
RE: What game(s) have you been playing? - 9/9/2016 5:26:38 AM   
Agathosdaimon

quote:

ORIGINAL: DonCzirr

Been playing all mobile games as of late as work does not allow investment in PC game time.

Anyways ....

Battlefleet Gothic Leviathan - Turn based fleet battles in the 40k universe - this is the meaning of happiness ...

Bulge 44 by Mr. Tiller - Nebelwerfers, Infiltration Troops, German big cat tanks to play with .... much fun to be had .....

I have that mobile Bulge 44 game too - its a good little challenges and they are such small in file size too, i have his mobile fulda gap and its a good little version of the full pc game

Grandest Fleet will run on Dosbox no probs

SQUAKENET has is running in dosbox as shown in the gameplay vid here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOvRhclqGbk

(in reply to DonCzirr)
Post #: 112
RE: What game(s) have you been playing? - 9/9/2016 4:32:36 PM   
DonCzirr

Yep - both Fulda and NGP 85 are good on mobile.

I also like playing Shiloh so I can captain Side-wheel Timberclad Steam Ships in battle

Where else can you do that?

Post #: 113
RE: What game(s) have you been playing? - 9/23/2016 6:29:57 AM   
Eambar

The Division - since release, it's been through some hard times but 1.4 is coming and looks like it will change the entire way the game is played. My first foray into the multiplayer co-op genre and I didn't like it much. Try and solo when I can but hit a wall from a progression standpoint. 1.4 is bringing some love to solo players.

In between bursts of The Division, some Crusader Kings II and Flashpoint Campaigns: Germany Reforged scenarios.

I have been down to one monitor for a while but should be back to 3 very soon, so intend on getting back into CMNAO. I just picked up the CMNAO LIVE scenarios with my anniversary code.

Cheers,

(in reply to DonCzirr)
Post #: 114
RE: What game(s) have you been playing? - 9/23/2016 6:56:20 AM   
Agathosdaimon

Silent Hunter 2 has been the game for me this week - playing the Aces campaign from Subsim and with some of the mods added, it makes for a great game still.
I just got also an old immaculate boxed copy of Action Stations from RAW today too so i am excited to play what was the 1990 Strat game of the year according to the cover. (I would love to find a copy of Action in the North Atlantic also but that one seems to be non-existent)

(in reply to Eambar)
Post #: 115
RE: What game(s) have you been playing? - 9/23/2016 10:22:33 AM   
altipueri

Re Dosbox - I've got Carriers at War and Carrier Strike on old 3.5 disks - has anybody played them? One has a price sticker of £44.95 - but you get a manual with loads of info on ships and planes, not pdf or one of those piddly little things in a cd case.

Post #: 116
RE: What game(s) have you been playing? - 9/23/2016 1:24:59 PM   
Agathosdaimon

those 2 are ones that i havent played - i have the matrix carriers at war though i am not sure if it is the same as the old ones. I would like to get the old ones though, in boxes and with their respectives manuals certainly!

(in reply to altipueri)
Post #: 117
RE: What game(s) have you been playing? - 9/23/2016 8:24:33 PM   
Aurelian

Team Fortress 2 daily.

Just managed to last the entire game in the new MOO.

Now going to play TW: Atilla.

If the Earth was flat, cats would of knocked everything off of it long ago.

Post #: 118
RE: What game(s) have you been playing? - 9/23/2016 11:16:07 PM   
Max 86

Sovereignty: Crown of Kings

No problem Chief!

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 119
RE: What game(s) have you been playing? - 9/23/2016 11:37:26 PM   
DonCzirr

Pike and Shot ...

Even now, we are marching on Vienna to relieve the defenders from siege by the evil Kara Mustafa and his marauding horde !

(in reply to Max 86)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What game(s) have you been playing? Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI