Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Private Beta Test v1.08c

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Private Beta Test v1.08c Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Private Beta Test v1.08c - 7/4/2016 2:57:16 PM   
Vic

Hi all,

This Beta Patch only works for Matrix version, NOT for Steam version.

1.08 is still in PRIVATE BETA. Private beta is much like public beta, except that there is no Matrix installer. It thus also means that it is still in testing and might not be fully stable.

Please DO(!) report in this thread if you have installed and are running the v1.08 without any issues.

If you are uncomfortable installing files manually or your anti-virus software is not playing ball please WAIT till this patch goes gold or a matrix public beta patch is created.

If not keep reading... please do...

Install instructions

0. Make sure you have the latest version (1.06 or higher) installed and fully updated.

1. Download the ZIP: http://www.vrdesigns.net/privatepatch/CaseBlue_PrivatePatch_v108c.zip

2. Find your Case Blue game directory.

3. Rename your existing CaseBlue.exe and defaultmod.txt to something like Barbarossa_backup.exe and defaultmod_backup.txt

4. Unzip the zip downloaded in step 1 and copy the contents inside your game directory. (overwriting where necc.)

5. Start the game and verify you have v1.08c in the left-top corner of the main menu.

NOTE: That save games are fully compatible between all versions in circulation.

Changelist 1.08c
-Attention: PBEM++ crash possible. Scenario uploaded with 1.08 will crash in v1.07 or earlier. So please dont post non-password protected PBEM++ please.
-Fixed readiness bar
-Added forts to Case Blue Full, Case Blue Full Hybrid
-Cannot load v108 scenario in earlier Case Blue version 107 or lower (always results in crash. sorry, no way around this).
-Restored designations on counters
-Fixed stats of officers in bottom screen

Changelist 1.08b
-Fixed a glitch with officer statistics not showing up anymore in the officer popup window
-Fixed a glitch with the officerpool being empty in the Hybrid Case Blue scenario

Changelist 1.08

-Big update of the core code base of Case Blue fixing loads of minor issues and glitches

-Minimalist Counter option added
-Regime Coloring option added
-In-game resolution changes added
-Possibility for windowed play added through windows.txt config file
-High Speed map scrolling option added

-Improved AI calculations

-New variant of Case Blue (full) scenario sporting a Hybrid AI (dc2/dc3)
-New variant of 2nd Kharkov scenario sporting a Hybrid AI (dc2/dc3)
-Soviet airforce will keep having c&c problems throughout the whole scenario in the Case Blue (full) Hybrid AI scenario

-Case Blue owners can now also run the Decisive Campaigns : Community Project

Best wishes,
Vic

< Message edited by Vic -- 8/25/2016 3:33:43 PM >

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

Post #: 1
RE: Private Beta Test v1.08b - 7/6/2016 7:00:57 PM   
Vic

Updated the private beta to 1.08b :) Thanks to gribeauval!

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 2
RE: Private Beta Test v1.08b - 8/23/2016 9:18:07 AM   
oho_slith

We play PBEM Case Blue full scenario with the Beta Patch and have the following problems, the rest runs very fine:
One Problem are the counters in normal (not minimalist) counter mode: you can’t see any bars except the integrity (left) and artillery (bottom) anymore. I play with regiment counters spread out on the hex, and the readiness information is very useful for me. (In my view, even more bars should be shown on the small counters too)
The second problem seems to be, that I can’t load a game in the official version, that was started with the Beta Patch. I get a crash

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 3
RE: Private Beta Test v1.08b - 8/25/2016 12:56:56 PM   
Vic

Hi oho,

Thanks for reporting that backwards incompatibility bug. Not sure if I can fix it, but i'll try for sure.

The RDN bar will be restored.

Best wishes,
Vic

< Message edited by Vic -- 8/25/2016 12:57:37 PM >

(in reply to oho_slith)
Post #: 4
RE: Private Beta Test v1.08b - 8/25/2016 3:34:11 PM   
Vic

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Just posted v1.08c.

Hopefully we are almost there.

I think the only thing thats still unresolved is the fact 1.07 and earlier crash when trying to load a 1.08 game.

Best wishes,
Vic

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Private Beta Test v1.08c Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI