Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Insert witty AAR title here - Sqz(J) vs. fcharton (A)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Insert witty AAR title here - Sqz(J) vs. fcharton (A) Page: <<   < prev  28 29 30 [31] 32   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Insert witty AAR title here - Sqz(J) vs. fcharton (A) - 7/21/2016 9:02:07 PM   
SqzMyLemon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

CVs rarely launch both an AM and a PM strike.

Really? I didn't know that.

I've always thought CV's would make every effort to launch in both phases, considering the importance of these kinds of actions.

Luck is the residue of design - John Milton

Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - Peter Steele (Type O Negative)

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 901
RE: Insert witty AAR title here - Sqz(J) vs. fcharton (A) - 7/21/2016 9:33:44 PM   
FeurerKrieg

My limited sample of 2 CV battles in my DBB-C game is strikes in both phases.

Upper portion used with permission of www.subart.net, copyright John Meeks

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 902
RE: Insert witty AAR title here - Sqz(J) vs. fcharton (A) - 7/22/2016 4:16:12 AM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: SqzMyLemon

quote:

I've always thought CV's would make every effort to launch in both phases, considering the importance of these kinds of actions.

It CAN happen. Anecdotally, I've seen it happen more often when it's CV against CV. When it's against bases or non-CV TFs, it doesn't seem to happen as much.

Also keep in mind that range probably matters here. If you're launching strikes longer than a few hexes away, the planes won't have time to fly 2 strikes in a day.

It's also possible that any movement during the phase could affect it. I've never been clear on whether moving, which burns Ops (obviously), uses the same pool of Ops as launching strikes does.

The opening attack on Pearl is actually a good example. How many times have you seen that fly in the AM and PM? I even did 2 followup attacks in my first Japan game, one of them from 2 hexes away, and didn't get 2 strikes. It's really rare.

Another thing to be aware of is that even if the TF launches 2 strikes, it may not be the same units. E.g., Akagi-2 and Akagi-3 may fly in the first strike while Shokaku-3 and Zuikaku-3 fly in the PM strike and the Akagi units stay home.

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 903
RE: Insert witty AAR title here - Sqz(J) vs. fcharton (A) - 7/22/2016 3:06:03 PM   
tiemanjw

quote:

quote:

quote:

It CAN happen. Anecdotally, I've seen it happen more often when it's CV against CV. When it's against bases or non-CV TFs, it doesn't seem to happen as much.

Also keep in mind that range probably matters here. If you're launching strikes longer than a few hexes away, the planes won't have time to fly 2 strikes in a day.

It's also possible that any movement during the phase could affect it. I've never been clear on whether moving, which burns Ops (obviously), uses the same pool of Ops as launching strikes does.

The opening attack on Pearl is actually a good example. How many times have you seen that fly in the AM and PM? I even did 2 followup attacks in my first Japan game, one of them from 2 hexes away, and didn't get 2 strikes. It's really rare.

Another thing to be aware of is that even if the TF launches 2 strikes, it may not be the same units. E.g., Akagi-2 and Akagi-3 may fly in the first strike while Shokaku-3 and Zuikaku-3 fly in the PM strike and the Akagi units stay home.

only naval strikes can fly in both phases (regardless of if they launch from CVs or from land). Attacks on land targets never launch in both phases (not to say 2 different groups can't hit 1 each in the am and pm).

CVs love targeting other CVs. The only time I've seen alpha strikes against naval targets is when it is another CV... even a lone, damaged CVE will draw more attention than 4 BBs in my experience.
I also rarely see CVs launch both am and pm strikes - even against the KB, though I have very limited sample size there. I have occasionally seen them launch in both am and pm against naval targets, but it is not often.

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 904
RE: Insert witty AAR title here - Sqz(J) vs. fcharton (A) - 7/22/2016 3:07:46 PM   
Bif1961

The Japanese pilots wanted to conduct an afternoon attack on PH but were over ruled by the TF Commnader. So the ability to fly a 2nd PM strike on PH was present but denied. Maybe that is affected by the aggression rating of the TF Commander?

< Message edited by Bif1961 -- 7/22/2016 3:35:33 PM >

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 905
RE: Insert witty AAR title here - Sqz(J) vs. fcharton (A) - 7/23/2016 4:20:13 PM   
obvert

I'e seen AM and PM numerous times from CV strikes. I'd have to look back to find details, but it's been my experience that against other CVs this is the norm.

Against other targets strikes are all over the place. I've seen virtually nothing launch for the whole day to having a full KB launch against one SCTF. Or the entire KB splitting many strikes across many TFs.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to Bif1961)
Post #: 906
RE: Insert witty AAR title here - Sqz(J) vs. fcharton (A) - 7/23/2016 7:04:35 PM   
SqzMyLemon

Sigh.

Even at 1:1 odds and 100% prepped for the target I lose an entire division in a river crossing. What BS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ground combat at Lanchow (81,34)

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 39243 troops, 304 guns, 94 vehicles, Assault Value = 1266

Defending force 39310 troops, 160 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1127

Japanese adjusted assault: 1312

Allied adjusted defense: 1255

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 1 (fort level 3)

Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 2

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), forts(+), preparation(-), experience(-)
Attacker: shock(+)

Japanese ground losses:
11225 casualties reported
Squads: 336 destroyed, 299 disabled
Non Combat: 5 destroyed, 86 disabled
Engineers: 41 destroyed, 26 disabled
Guns lost 88 (15 destroyed, 73 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
1941 casualties reported
Squads: 4 destroyed, 161 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 25 disabled
Engineers: 3 destroyed, 3 disabled
Guns lost 7 (1 destroyed, 6 disabled)

Assaulting units:
35th Division
27th Division
110th Division
11th Tank Regiment
21st AA Regiment
Mongol Garrison Army
53rd Field AA Battalion
54th Field AA Battalion

Defending units:
76th Chinese Corps
11th Chinese Corps
82nd Chinese Corps
17th Group Army
8th Chinese Base Force
8th War Area
21st Chinese Base Force

The river crossing I attempted near Tuyun, where it went horribly wrong and I lost a division at 1:99 odds, I can accept. An entire division lost again with both an Army and Command HQ fully prepped and three great divisions and get a 1:1? Look at the Chinese defence, they barely break even with adjusted AV and that's with the terrain and forts bonus, yet I get trashed? Comon, give me a break. Ugh, whatever, complete and utter BS to lose 300 destroyed squads again.

< Message edited by SqzMyLemon -- 7/23/2016 7:16:53 PM >

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 907
RE: Insert witty AAR title here - Sqz(J) vs. fcharton (A) - 7/24/2016 6:27:36 AM   
Yaab

Interesting. I would use this turn for testing the command HQ bonus in a hotseat game. Shock attack doubles your AV but exposes you to additional round of fire form the enemy.Theoretically, command HQ bonus should give you up to 100% assault value bonus.

Consider:

Jap division = 400 AV

Shock attack = 800AV

Command HQ bonus (100% max bonus) - but of what? Unadjusted value or adjusted value? Unadjusted can give you another 400 AV, thus you should reach 1200 AV if you are lucky.

However , if command bonus comes after shock attack, then it should give 800 AV x 2 , thus 1600 AV.

Basically, I would test, test , test to see if you max out at 1200 AV or 1600 AV with shock and command HQ bonus.

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 908
RE: Insert witty AAR title here - Sqz(J) vs. fcharton (A) - 7/24/2016 4:23:00 PM   
SqzMyLemon

I'm not sure how any of the mechanics work anymore, but the result seems far too harsh on the Japanese. Considering there is the doubling of AV, the potential for either a 10% or 90% boost on top of that, and all HQ's and divisions 100% prepped for the target I expected better results, or at least not losing 382 squads and another 401 disabled. At 1:1 odds I had to have suffered the worst rolls ever to get these losses.

I don't recall ever having such horrible luck with river shock attacks in the past. My forces couldn't have been prepared any better, yet I get completely trashed and the defence hardly touched. This one is really not sitting well and I think the result is just more extreme BS this game delivers on a regular basis. Extreme results are the norm in this game, not the exception, and that isn't right.

Now I have to hope Francois doesn't shock attack and rout me, which I feel is a distinct possibility since my forces are shattered. What a burn.

< Message edited by SqzMyLemon -- 7/24/2016 4:25:43 PM >

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 909
RE: Insert witty AAR title here - Sqz(J) vs. fcharton (A) - 7/24/2016 5:19:50 PM   
Yaab

If you look at leaders' recomendattion in the leader selection screen you will see that only those leaders with land skill and aggresion of 50+ in both categories are recommended to lead an assault HQ. Maybe this influences the application of the bonus?

Check the leader in the Command HQ and the divisions.

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 910
RE: Insert witty AAR title here - Sqz(J) vs. fcharton (A) - 7/24/2016 10:06:35 PM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yaab

Interesting. I would use this turn for testing the command HQ bonus in a hotseat game. Shock attack doubles your AV but exposes you to additional round of fire form the enemy.Theoretically, command HQ bonus should give you up to 100% assault value bonus.

Consider:

Jap division = 400 AV

Shock attack = 800AV

Command HQ bonus (100% max bonus) - but of what? Unadjusted value or adjusted value? Unadjusted can give you another 400 AV, thus you should reach 1200 AV if you are lucky.

However , if command bonus comes after shock attack, then it should give 800 AV x 2 , thus 1600 AV.

Basically, I would test, test , test to see if you max out at 1200 AV or 1600 AV with shock and command HQ bonus.

I don't think you always get the bonus. I think there's just a chance. I, for one, have only seen "HQ(+)" a single solitary time.

That's a rough attack, but they happen. War, my friend.

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 911
RE: Insert witty AAR title here - Sqz(J) vs. fcharton (A) - 7/25/2016 2:42:49 PM   
SqzMyLemon

quote:

Story of my life playing this game. If it can go bad, it usually does. I really should be used to it by now, but it happens too often and takes the wind right out of my sails.

Whatever, it's past. Getting creamed on river crossings is going to lose me any chance of knocking China out anyway. I might as well just accept it now.

< Message edited by SqzMyLemon -- 7/25/2016 2:46:38 PM >

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 912
RE: Insert witty AAR title here - Sqz(J) vs. fcharton (A) - 7/25/2016 2:56:35 PM   
Mike McCreery

quote:

quote:

Story of my life playing this game. If it can go bad, it usually does. I really should be used to it by now, but it happens too often and takes the wind right out of my sails.

Whatever, it's past. Getting creamed on river crossings is going to lose me any chance of knocking China out anyway. I might as well just accept it now.

LOL!!!

Sometimes in my games things seem bogged down and I am feeling sorry for myself because my attacks are not advancing me and I start thinking like what you are doing.

Then I realize I already own 1/4 of Japan.. :O

Some of us tend to minimize the successes and exaggerate the defeats. If you step back and look at the overall picture it might not be as bad as it seems.

Strategically if he is strong in one place he has to be weaker in another.

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 913
RE: Insert witty AAR title here - Sqz(J) vs. fcharton (A) - 8/3/2016 6:41:27 PM   
SqzMyLemon

The pace has slowed considerably over the last few weeks. Both Francois and I are busy with family and summer activities.

We've reached May 23rd.

Burma:

Japanese forces have recently captured Moulmein which opens up the land route for reinforcements and supply to reach central Burma. IJA 18th Division is 80% prepped for Port Blair and is currently at Rangoon. IJA 5th, 38th and Imperial Guards Divisions will now move against Magwe, Mandalay and Lashio.

China:

Japanese forces are trying to clear the 3x terrain hex northwest of Tuyun of Chinese forces to allow a move against Kweiyang. The terrain, relatively low stacking limit and a Chinese AT unit is proving hard to overcome. Japanese tank forces are not performing well in the tough terrain, and the anti-tank guns are causing high disablements and loss amongst the armour. Another Japanese division will arrive in ten days to reinforce the attackers, but this will put me just over the SL. I've conducted intermittent bombing of the hex, weather permitting, but a recent reorganization of aviation support and base expansion will allow a concerted bombing campaign to begin. The goal is supply reduction to strain the defenders. With the Tojo available soon and some squadrons upgrading to the Nick, I'm confident sustained air operations will break the Chinese defence and prevent Allied bombers from disrupting my forces too much.

Java:

With Soerabaja captured, Japanese forces begin the push towards Batavia. Slow going so far, but the terrain is proving to be more of a hindrance than the Dutch so far. It's a grind, but progress is being made.

Luzon:

Bataan was captured on May 23rd. Minesweepers will clear the hex of mines and allow bombardments of Manila. One more pocket of resistance to deal with, then Japanese forces can concentrate 100% on Manila. Four divisions and substantial artillery is available to reduce Manila. I expect high fort levels, but the air force and navy should be able to suppress and degrade the defence.

Economy:

Aircraft R&D is progressing nicely. After the heavy investment in factory expansion settled down, daily factory repairs are now minimal. Supply is being banked at an impressive rate of 11-15k per day and none is being shipped out of Japan. Healthy stockpiles of Ha-33 and Ha-35 engines are providing the research bonus to fully repaired aircraft R&D factories. Production of the Ha-44 engine is 60/month and has almost 300 engines stockpiled. I plan on keeping Tojo production relatively low and won't start producing the Helen until the 'b' model.

Oil is dropping significantly in Japan, but fuel has been holding steady or slowly increasing. The larger tankers are now deployed at Saigon and CRB in an effort to draw fuel away from Singapore. I think it is working, if somewhat slower, and when the ports are expanded it should only get better. I try not to use Singapore for anything other than a drop-off point for fuel/oil.

Thoughts:

I'm way behind where I want to be, but my overall position is far better than two months ago. I'm now concentrating on setting up the perimeter and gearing up for a campaign against Darwin. There is Allied activity off the northeast coast of Australia, so I'm planning on getting KB and reinforcements into the area. Base expansion is proving glacial in DBB, so I'm getting worried about the porous perimeter that will result. I'm going to have to pick my strong points well and have a sound counter-invasion strategy in place. I'm starting to think Francois is going to go for a 1943 knockout blow against the DEI or the Kuriles.

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 914
RE: Insert witty AAR title here - Sqz(J) vs. fcharton (A) - 8/4/2016 1:54:24 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

I'm going to have to pick my strong points well and have a sound counter-invasion strategy in place. I'm starting to think Francois is going to go for a 1943 knockout blow against the DEI or the Kuriles.

I don't know about knock out, but you know Francois ... he has a plan. And with him as the allies, you cannot allow him to execute that plan. You have to guess his plan and then counter it before he executes ... tough to do.

So sit back, look at the map, and think Francois.

Pax

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 915
RE: Insert witty AAR title here - Sqz(J) vs. fcharton (A) - 8/4/2016 1:59:45 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

quote:

I'm not going to say rarely, BUT the afternoon launch is in no way automatic. It is more common in CV V CV combat, but still not automatic. I get an afternoon attack on PH about 10% of the time ... against non-CV TF's, maybe 25 - 30%, against CV TF's prolly like 60 -70%. All of these numbers are anecdotal, I've never really investigated it in detail.

Pax

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 916
RE: Insert witty AAR title here - Sqz(J) vs. fcharton (A) - 8/4/2016 4:54:30 AM   
crsutton

Yep, I would think it is a function of many factors, range, leaders, morale, weather and so on. It happens and sometimes it does not. It is the chaos and unknown withing the game that make it so much fun. If you know what will happen all the time then the game would quickly grow boring. This was carrier warfare in 1942. In that respect they just about got it perfect.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 917
RE: Insert witty AAR title here - Sqz(J) vs. fcharton (A) - 8/4/2016 3:44:42 PM   
SqzMyLemon

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

I don't know about knock out, but you know Francois ... he has a plan. And with him as the allies, you cannot allow him to execute that plan. You have to guess his plan and then counter it before he executes ... tough to do.

Ha, find my inner Francois!

I really have no sense of Francois' play style yet. Since I bailed on Australia, I feel he's just coasting along. There's no doubt he's getting the logistics in place for a move, but since I still have to deal with the DEI and Philippines, he's got plenty of time to prepare.

I'm surprised at the lack of a move against the Solomons, especially considering how weak my position is there. I plan on going back into Australia though, particularly Darwin and the northeast, so maybe that will mess up his timetable somewhat. It's clear to me he's going to defend Darwin, so that's where I'll focus once I free up some divisions.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 918
RE: Insert witty AAR title here - Sqz(J) vs. fcharton (A) - 8/4/2016 4:44:33 PM   
HansBolter

quote:

quote:

I don't know what game he is playing but it is not the same one I play.

My CVs make Naval strikes in both phases all the time, limited only by bad weather.

If what you are striking is a land target then they will ALWAYS fly only in one of the two phases.

Land targets can only be struck once a day, naval targets can be struck twice a day.

Hans

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 919
RE: Insert witty AAR title here - Sqz(J) vs. fcharton (A) - 8/4/2016 6:15:01 PM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

If what you are striking is a land target then they will ALWAYS fly only in one of the two phases.

Land targets can only be struck once a day, naval targets can be struck twice a day.

The operative word being "can."

If my CVs launch a full strike wing (their full complement set to strike that day), they rarely if ever launch twice in the same day. More often, the PM strike is using different units than the AM strike.

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 920
RE: Insert witty AAR title here - Sqz(J) vs. fcharton (A) - 8/4/2016 6:46:56 PM   
SqzMyLemon

In my experience, conducting both morning and afternoon strikes are rare. I also find the number of aircraft assigned to any particular strike varies considerably. I typically have Nagumo in charge, so perhaps his air skill is the problem? I'd like to get more consistent performance from KB, but I find it's a crapshoot what flies, and whether I'll get one or two air phases worth of attacks in. I have always felt KB doesn't perform as well or as consistently as it should in my games. I'm not blaming the mechanics here, I'm just finding the proper combination of settings and leadership elusive to implement.

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 921
RE: Insert witty AAR title here - Sqz(J) vs. fcharton (A) - 8/4/2016 7:16:15 PM   
HansBolter

I simply can't agree with you all that it is rare.

Just watched it happen last night and the night before as I ran one turn each night.

I'm playing scenario 40 Ironman Ported to Babes and the AI is invading Dutch Harbor.

I had the Hornet at Kodiak so I made a high speed run to get in range and for two straight days all three bomber squadrons flew against non-CV targets in both day phases of both turns.

While my example only covers two days this is consistent with what I see every time my carriers find themselves in a target rich environment.

I simply don't find it to be a rare occurrence.

Afterthought:

One thing that may be having a big impact is range.

I like to in close for my strikes (especially when operating TBDs...although in he example above Hornet had TBFs).

I was striking from a range of two hexes.

Perhaps it's easier to pull off two short range strikes in a day with a given squadron than two long range strikes.

< Message edited by HansBolter -- 8/4/2016 7:19:58 PM >

Hans

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 922
RE: Insert witty AAR title here - Sqz(J) vs. fcharton (A) - 8/4/2016 7:30:38 PM   
SqzMyLemon

Hi Hans,

I'm not disputing what you say. I'm just highlighting my own experiences with KB. Trust me, I want to be in the crowd that says multiple strikes occur regularly .

Range probably is a factor. In my case with the British battleships, I believe I was four hexes away and only got one strike. I'm just trying to find the sweet spot where multiple strikes occur for me more often, I haven't had much success yet.

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 923
RE: Insert witty AAR title here - Sqz(J) vs. fcharton (A) - 8/4/2016 8:46:25 PM   
Lokasenna

quote:

I simply can't agree with you all that it is rare.

Just watched it happen last night and the night before as I ran one turn each night.

I'm playing scenario 40 Ironman Ported to Babes and the AI is invading Dutch Harbor.

I had the Hornet at Kodiak so I made a high speed run to get in range and for two straight days all three bomber squadrons flew against non-CV targets in both day phases of both turns.

While my example only covers two days this is consistent with what I see every time my carriers find themselves in a target rich environment.

I simply don't find it to be a rare occurrence.

Afterthought:

One thing that may be having a big impact is range.

I like to in close for my strikes (especially when operating TBDs...although in he example above Hornet had TBFs).

I was striking from a range of two hexes.

Perhaps it's easier to pull off two short range strikes in a day with a given squadron than two long range strikes.

Yes, as I've posted before (I think in this thread, actually) I think range is a big part of it. If you're only a few hexes away, you may see both AM and PM strikes. If you're sitting out at 8 hexes, your planes are only going to fly in 1 phase. Striking from 2 hexes away is quite close.

Edit: I'm reviewing the manual because I know I read it somewhere. I haven't found anything explicit yet, however I have found these.

P.163 - "more likely to attack a TF that is within 180 miles (5 hexes).

P.163 also says that the importance of the enemy shipping (CV, BB, cruisers, transports, and then other ships - in that order) affects likelihood of a strike as well.

< Message edited by Lokasenna -- 8/4/2016 9:19:26 PM >

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 924
RE: Insert witty AAR title here - Sqz(J) vs. fcharton (A) - 8/4/2016 10:01:56 PM   
Yaab

I think you can see two attacks provided the enemy TF sits in one hex. I have seen a Zero group fly two Naval Attack mission from Takao to Hong Kong in one day. That is a 10 hex attack. The target TF was patrolling in the Hong Kong hex.

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 925
RE: Insert witty AAR title here - Sqz(J) vs. fcharton (A) - 8/4/2016 11:24:32 PM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yaab

I think you can see two attacks provided the enemy TF sits in one hex. I have seen a Zero group fly two Naval Attack mission from Takao to Hong Kong in one day. That is a 10 hex attack. The target TF was patrolling in the Hong Kong hex.

I've seen LBA launch 2 strikes from distances like that a lot of times. It's the CV strikes against naval targets that don't seem to like happening in both AM and PM (with the same units - again, I see CV TFs launch strikes in both AM and PM but different units will be used in each).

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 926
RE: Insert witty AAR title here - Sqz(J) vs. fcharton (A) - 8/5/2016 1:37:09 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

I see afternoon attacks following morning attacks on port strikes. So unless my install is bugged, sorry, not accurate.

< Message edited by PaxMondo -- 8/5/2016 1:42:53 AM >

Pax

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 927
RE: Insert witty AAR title here - Sqz(J) vs. fcharton (A) - 8/5/2016 1:40:54 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

quote:

Ha, find my inner Francois!

I really have no sense of Francois' play style yet. Since I bailed on Australia, I feel he's just coasting along. There's no doubt he's getting the logistics in place for a move, but since I still have to deal with the DEI and Philippines, he's got plenty of time to prepare.

I'm surprised at the lack of a move against the Solomons, especially considering how weak my position is there. I plan on going back into Australia though, particularly Darwin and the northeast, so maybe that will mess up his timetable somewhat. It's clear to me he's going to defend Darwin, so that's where I'll focus once I free up some divisions.

I never think of Solomons as a target on either side, so I'm not surprised. Not seeing anything is the worst of all possibilities. It means he is planning and staging something. The longer it goes, the bigger it is. Think Mr. Kane. You never want to let him sit back. Gotta provoke him into committing forces where you want, don't let him choose where. Hmmm ... what could you do .... ????

Pax

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 928
RE: Insert witty AAR title here - Sqz(J) vs. fcharton (A) - 8/5/2016 11:52:45 AM   
HansBolter

quote:

quote:

I see afternoon attacks following morning attacks on port strikes. So unless my install is bugged, sorry, not accurate.

By the same squadrons? That's not supposed to be possible.

Perhaps I wasn't sufficiently clear in qualifying "by any given squadron", but since that is the focus of the discussion I didn't feel it was necessary.

< Message edited by HansBolter -- 8/5/2016 11:54:32 AM >

Hans

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 929
RE: Insert witty AAR title here - Sqz(J) vs. fcharton (A) - 9/9/2016 5:54:48 PM   
SqzMyLemon

Game continues.

I now officially suck with Japan. Not that I was ever great with them.

Question. My first Ki-61 Tony R&D factory is fully repaired at 30x0. I switched to the Ki-61b model no problem, but when I tried to switch to the Ki-61c the factory went to 0x(21). Should I not be able to switch from b to c to d then Ki-100 without incurring damage? Am I misunderstanding the upgrade path?

< Message edited by SqzMyLemon -- 9/9/2016 5:56:57 PM >

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 930
Page:   <<   < prev  28 29 30 [31] 32   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Insert witty AAR title here - Sqz(J) vs. fcharton (A) Page: <<   < prev  28 29 30 [31] 32   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI