Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Naval and Defense News

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: Naval and Defense News Page: <<   < prev  40 41 [42] 43 44   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Naval and Defense News - 9/15/2016 9:42:30 AM   
Dysta

Neither am I. However, it's the US 'needs' DF-21D more than China do, to bolstering their threat for milking more military budgets. They may be right for developing SM-3/6 and THAAD, but it's definitely use it to against more than China. Remember, the bear is still here, as Ukraine and EU are right at the chaos of terrorism and Russian aggression.

(in reply to NakedWeasel)
Post #: 1231
RE: Naval and Defense News - 9/15/2016 11:09:22 AM   
Dysta

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hongjian

New HQ-16 upgrade confirmed in service.

More pictures recently, notice the length of rocket engines:

(in reply to Hongjian)
Post #: 1232
RE: Naval and Defense News - 9/15/2016 12:00:56 PM   
Hongjian

Clearer photos of the new J-15T.

Note the frontal landing gear: It has a hook for a catapult.

Clearest indication yet, that China pursues a CATOBAR carrier.

Also, engines can be identified as WS-10. Rumor say that they are the latest batch WS-10B with 140KN thrust.

< Message edited by Hongjian -- 9/15/2016 12:03:06 PM >

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 1233
RE: Naval and Defense News - 9/15/2016 12:12:43 PM   
Hongjian

quote:

ORIGINAL: NakedWeasel

Again, I remain skeptical. Until I see definitive proof that they can hit a moving target from a thousand miles away, I'm calling it a paper tiger. I mean, concept and theory are nice and all, but I'm not buying it until I see verifiable evidence that would stand up to the scrutiny of international observers and experts. This has everything to do with the abilities of its sensor suite. For the Chinese to suddenly be able to develop and field a weapons system that is hypersonic, trans-orbital, and theater-ranging, that can re-enter the Earth's atmosphere at sub-orbital velocity, and using an unknown radar to search and track its target well enough to maneuver, and successfully impact a moving ship far out at sea.... Yeah, I'm not buying that. Sorry, but I wasn't born yesterday.

The ASBMs do not exist to please us military watchers. Even if they work as advertized, they are unlikely to be demonstrated in anything but in anger. Launching missiles such as these in excercises or demonstrations reveal quite a few critical information that would make it easier for the enemy to counteract them later on.

The PLA is a very very conservative and risk adverse organization who arent known for trusting all too radical weapon concepts. The fact that they adopted such a system as the ASBM should be indicative of their high confidence of its effectiveness.

Post #: 1234
RE: Naval and Defense News - 9/15/2016 4:27:32 PM   
NakedWeasel

Which is to say to us skeptics, "Maybe it works, and maybe it doesn't, so be afraid just in case." That's fine. I'll prepare my fleet and personnel to defend against a very unlikely or non-existent threat, anyway. The US and her allies are already much farther along in their defensive measures against the ASBM than the PLAN's ability to use them as a deterrent against a CTF/ESG. The Chinese are banking on a "maybe threat". The US will continue to develop weapons like free-electron lasers and hit-to-kill vehicles that will be PROVEN to function before they are ever put to sea.

Though surrounded by a great number of enemies
View them as a single foe
And so fight on!

(in reply to Hongjian)
Post #: 1235
RE: Naval and Defense News - 9/15/2016 4:50:25 PM   
Triode

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dysta

New HQ-16

honestly it looks like 9M317 or 9M38M1 missile for me

anyway , details about "Lavina" project:

23000t
200x34x7,5 m
6000nm range
crew 400
men/BMP/tanks 500-900/50/10 (in other words one BTG (battalion tactical group))
6 "landing craft with payload no less than 45t" (in other words pr.11770)
6 "sturm boat" ( something like project 03160 (basically copy of CB90 )
12 helicopters (two hangar 6+9 positions , on deck 6 positions for medium helicopters or two for big)
2 "Pantsir"
2 "Palash"
1 1x76mm gun

This ship project interesting even not as something that will be built , but as directions
of thought of Russian Navy

< Message edited by Triode -- 9/15/2016 5:24:21 PM >

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 1236
RE: Naval and Defense News - 9/15/2016 4:54:15 PM   
Triode

quote:

Which is to say to us skeptics, "Maybe it works, and maybe it doesn't"

well , R-27K say hi from 1970 with CEP 370m
so, technically DF-21D should be possible

Post #: 1237
RE: Naval and Defense News - 9/15/2016 5:54:30 PM   
Dysta

quote:

ORIGINAL: Triode

quote:

New HQ-16

Because HQ-16 was originally 9K37M1, Russian sold them to India and China for their warships. The only difference is China kept their front fins while Russian Shtil hasn't, to develop HQ-16 as VLS for 054A and TELs.

The latest HQ-16B kept the long fins characteristics from Russian 9M38M1, and extended the length for new engines to extend the range.

< Message edited by Dysta -- 9/15/2016 5:56:05 PM >

(in reply to Triode)
Post #: 1238
RE: Naval and Defense News - 9/15/2016 6:33:48 PM   
mikmykWS

quote:

quote:

quote:

New HQ-16

Because HQ-16 was originally 9K37M1, Russian sold them to India and China for their warships. The only difference is China kept their front fins while Russian Shtil hasn't, to develop HQ-16 as VLS for 054A and TELs.

The latest HQ-16B kept the long fins characteristics from Russian 9M38M1, and extended the length for new engines to extend the range.

Ok. I've reduced the range of the HQ-16A to the published range and I've added the HQ-16b which now has the range of what was in there to begin with (and added a 0 record HQ-12A) in the new mount and facility to allow each to be mounted on the new 2016 version of the launcher.

My sense is the new missile is really closer to the SA-17 although they're probably not a 1:1 copy.

Will wait for more info to make further adjustments.

Mike

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 1239
RE: Naval and Defense News - 9/15/2016 6:58:54 PM   
Dysta

And I was skeptical to HQ-16B's 70km range the media claimed. That is subpar to S-350E, while outperformed all the Russian Buk/Shtil series.

--------------

Also, Zambian Air Force's L-15 was shown during the AAD:

http://www.janes.com/article/63820/aad-2016-zambian-l-15s-make-first-public-appearance

Will post the specification to DB3000 thread when I got time.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 1240
RE: Naval and Defense News - 9/15/2016 10:33:37 PM   
Hongjian

quote:

Which is to say to us skeptics, "Maybe it works, and maybe it doesn't, so be afraid just in case." That's fine. I'll prepare my fleet and personnel to defend against a very unlikely or non-existent threat, anyway. The US and her allies are already much farther along in their defensive measures against the ASBM than the PLAN's ability to use them as a deterrent against a CTF/ESG. The Chinese are banking on a "maybe threat". The US will continue to develop weapons like free-electron lasers and hit-to-kill vehicles that will be PROVEN to function before they are ever put to sea.

That's fine by me, but maybe you are underestimating your adversary quite a bit.

For all we know from the leaks and official news coming from China in the last couple of years; the PLA also works on the exact same things, including fre-electron lasers, KKVs and quantum radars (with already a working prototype tested last week).

Every China/PLA watcher worth his salt knows that China is very secretive with even the most basic information of their military development. While it is part of the US' deterrence strategy to openly boast about their new next generation weapon developments, even before a prototype has been built, China doesnt even release official data on their obsolete systems, let alone any currently deployed systems.

For all we know, the now-revealed four test of the DF-21D's between 2014 and 2015, could have been the moving sea-target tests that would qualify this weapon as being "proven" by any normal measures. Other PLA watchers have noted certain NOTAM and No Navigation Zones declared in the Gulf of Bohai during this period, which could indicate ASBM testing against sea-targets.
Of course, if you want to move the goalpost and only consider a system "working" if it has proven itself in a real war, then many of the USN's current systems should also lose their status of being "proven" and "working" - last, but not least, the Aegis Combat System, which has never demonstrated in a real war its famed capability to defend against the sort of supersonic multi-dimensional saturational attacks that it was originally designed against.

So, let's better stop this, as this discussion can quickly become quite nasty and nationalistic.

Post #: 1241
RE: Naval and Defense News - 9/15/2016 10:44:58 PM   
Hongjian

Talking about Kinetic Kill Vehicles, that recent internal PLA Rocket Force exhibition also revealed this:

This giant badge seems to be an commemoration for the fist successful KKV test conducted in July the 8th 2005.
This very rare case of 'openess' (for PLA standard, that is) about the very secretive ABM project, would coincide with the first public revelation of the latest successful HQ-19 ABM test back in 24th of July this year (which was deemed a deliberate answer to the THAAD deployment in South Korea).

I look forward to further revelations, as the frequency of these leaks typically indicate that a certain new system is approaching IOC soon. For the HQ-19, which is already in the works since 1999, it would be about time anyway.

More info about the recent test:

http://www.janes.com/article/62658/chinese-media-show-footage-of-possible-hq-19-test

< Message edited by Hongjian -- 9/15/2016 10:46:16 PM >

(in reply to Hongjian)
Post #: 1242
RE: Naval and Defense News - 9/15/2016 11:08:40 PM   
Figeac

http://multimedia.scmp.com/2016/southChinaSea/explore.html

Interesting site with all the climants and military buildings in South China Sea, plus a video with a Chinese-Vietnamese Navy shotout in the region at the 80´s.

(in reply to Hongjian)
Post #: 1243
RE: Naval and Defense News - 9/16/2016 4:30:56 AM   
Dysta

quote:

ORIGINAL: Figeac

Interesting site with all the climants and military buildings in South China Sea, plus a video with a Chinese-Vietnamese Navy shotout in the region at the 80´s.

It was commonly told from China how they utterly destroyed Vietnam warships during the skirmish, but they made the mistake by immediately retreat afterward, as Vietnamese backup occupied the reef again. That caused a very good accusation against China 'pre-emptively attacked Vietnam first', which is actually they surrounded Chinese mine layers, with warnings told but insisted.

Still, I don't think it's re-creatable in CMANO, of only small-caliber chain-guns, assault rifles and few hand greades defeat the Vietnamese frontliners.

< Message edited by Dysta -- 9/16/2016 4:34:14 AM >

(in reply to Figeac)
Post #: 1244
RE: Naval and Defense News - 9/16/2016 6:21:14 AM   
strykerpsg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hongjian

So, let's better stop this, as this discussion can quickly become quite nasty and nationalistic.

We are moving down a potentially slippery slope that I started by stating China has a lack of originality. I will indeed modify my original paragraph that started us down a nationalistic path and apologize for any ill feelings that may have arose from that initial comment.

(in reply to Hongjian)
Post #: 1245
RE: Naval and Defense News - 9/16/2016 8:42:14 AM   
xavierv

Russia's Krylov State Research Center Counting on India’s Aircraft Carrier Development Order

quote:

The Krylov State Research Center is counting on snagging an order for developing an aircraft carrier for the Indian Navy, Yuri Yeryomin, chief of the center’s Military-Technical Cooperation Department, has told TASS during the Army 2016 international military-technical forum.
He reminded that the company had completed a conceptual design of the Project 23000E Shtorm aircraft carrier intended to displace 95,000 tons and carry an air wing of 65 aircraft. Her power plant may be nuclear. In addition, provision has been made for two electromagnetic catapults.

"India and China are among possible foreign partners on the ship, India in the first place. We hope for it to order its third aircraft carrier from us; there are grounds for this," Yeryomin said.

According to him, the Krylov Center has held a presentation of the Shtorm for the Indian Navy’s command. "The Indians are interested [in the carrier]," Yeryomin said.

http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4358

Krylov: Russian Navy needs four general-purpose LHD amphibious assault ships

quote:

The Russian Navy is in need of four versatile amphibious assault ships, of which one is needed for the standing naval force in the Mediterranean, Yuri Yeryomin, chief, Military-Technical Cooperation Dept., Krylov State Research Center, believes.

"The Northern Fleet needs a ship like that, and the Pacific Fleet needs two. Given the growing importance of the Mediterranean basin, where we have a standing naval force, one ship should be afforded to the Black Sea Fleet, even though she is unnecessary to the fleet itself. There is no sense in building a ship in the class for the Baltic Fleet either," Yeryomin said at the Army 2016 forum.

The Krylov Center has worked out the concept of the Priboi amphibious landing ship with an estimated displacement of 23,000 tons. The ship is to carry 900 Marines with their kit and an air wing of 16 assault helicopters.

http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4360

Russia's Defense Ministry to Order Eight Project 23560 Leader-class Nuclear-Powered Destroyers

quote:

The Russian Defense Ministry plans to order eight Project 23560 Leader-class nuclear-powered guided missile destroyers, with the construction of the lead ship slated for 2018, a source in the defense industry has told TASS.

According to him, the Severnoye Design Bureau is to complete the destroyer’s preliminary design in the fourth quarter of 2017, after which the military will place a contract for a series of Leaders with the United Shipbuilding Corporation.

"The building of the lead ship is to begin in early 2018 and end by late 2022, i.e. it will take five years," the source said.

"Initially, a 12-ship series had been planned for the Navy, but later the number was reduced to eight - four destroyers for the Northern Fleet and four for the Pacific one. There will be no Leader destroyers in the inventories of the Baltic and Black Sea fleets," the source added.

http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4362

Eastern Shipbuilding Group Selected to Build United States Coast Guard Offshore Patrol Cutters

quote:

After conducting a thorough evaluation of proposals submitted by competing shipyards, the U.S. Coast Guard has awarded the largest vessel procurement contract in Coast Guard history to Eastern Shipbuilding Group in Panama City, Florida. Eastern Shipbuilding Group was selected to finalize its design and construct the first series of Nine Offshore Patrol Cutters to replace the Medium Endurance Cutters currently in service. The contract is initially for Nine vessels with options for Two additional vessels. The Coast Guard program goal is to build Twenty Five Offshore Patrol Cutters having a potential total contract value in excess of Ten billion dollars. Initially, Eastern has been awarded the detail design effort with a value of approximately One Hundred Ten million dollars. Construction of the first vessel is expected to commence in 2018.

http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4361

Russia’s Almaz-Antey to upgrade 3K95 Kinzhal (SA-N-9 Gauntlet) surface-to-air missile system
quote:

Russia’s Almaz-Antey Corporation is currently upgrading the Kinzhal shipborne surface-to-air missile system for the Navy, a corporation spokesman said at the Army 2016 international military and technical forum.

"In late July, 2016, Russia’s Navy started working out technical specifications for the Almaz-Antey Corporation to upgrade the Kinzhal shipborne surface-to-air missile system. A ship, on which this work will be carried out, is currently being chosen," the spokesman said.

According to the spokesman, the Shipbuilding and Armament Research Institute is currently preparing technical specifications for the upgrade of the Kinzhal and Gibka-R systems.

The work will be carried out in Serpukhov near Moscow on the premises of the Ratep Enterprise, a subsidiary of the Almaz-Antey Corporation.

http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4356

(in reply to strykerpsg)
Post #: 1246
RE: Naval and Defense News - 9/16/2016 11:16:47 AM   
Triode

quote:

ORIGINAL: navyrecognition

Krylov: Russian Navy needs four general-purpose LHD amphibious assault ships

quote:

The Russian Navy is in need of four versatile amphibious assault ships, of which one is needed for the standing naval force in the Mediterranean, Yuri Yeryomin, chief, Military-Technical Cooperation Dept., Krylov State Research Center, believes.

"The Northern Fleet needs a ship like that, and the Pacific Fleet needs two. Given the growing importance of the Mediterranean basin, where we have a standing naval force, one ship should be afforded to the Black Sea Fleet, even though she is unnecessary to the fleet itself. There is no sense in building a ship in the class for the Baltic Fleet either," Yeryomin said at the Army 2016 forum.

The Krylov Center has worked out the concept of the Priboi amphibious landing ship with an estimated displacement of 23,000 tons. The ship is to carry 900 Marines with their kit and an air wing of 16 assault helicopters.

http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4360

ahem , 23000t LHD is "Lavina",not "Priboi"
"Lavina" :

"Priboi" :
http://www.balancer.ru/sites/ru/up/uploads/sh/ZQC9J.jpg
13000t
4-6 helicopters
4 pr.11770M landing craft
etc.
Russian "Rotterdam"

quote:

Russia’s Almaz-Antey to upgrade 3K95 Kinzhal (SA-N-9 Gauntlet) surface-to-air missile system
quote:

Russia’s Almaz-Antey Corporation is currently upgrading the Kinzhal shipborne surface-to-air missile system for the Navy, a corporation spokesman said at the Army 2016 international military and technical forum.

"In late July, 2016, Russia’s Navy started working out technical specifications for the Almaz-Antey Corporation to upgrade the Kinzhal shipborne surface-to-air missile system. A ship, on which this work will be carried out, is currently being chosen," the spokesman said.

According to the spokesman, the Shipbuilding and Armament Research Institute is currently preparing technical specifications for the upgrade of the Kinzhal and Gibka-R systems.

The work will be carried out in Serpukhov near Moscow on the premises of the Ratep Enterprise, a subsidiary of the Almaz-Antey Corporation.

http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4356

Well there is three option, two pr.1155 "Chabanenko" ,"Shaposhnikov" and one pr.11540 "Neustrashimyy"

Most likely this will be "Shaposhnikov"

upgrade simillar to Tor-M2KM with 9M338 misssile

most interesting thing is 9M338 do not need rotating launcher (9M330-2 need this, because of management system limitation)
so Navy should made choice,9M338 and retain rotating launchers and ability to fire 9M330-2 or order complete refit with new VLS for 9M338 (possible, with more missiles)
choices, choices

(in reply to xavierv)
Post #: 1247
RE: Naval and Defense News - 9/16/2016 12:14:18 PM   
Dysta

This make me wonder, if Russia really need new CVNs, will the third one's export price as or more expensive than first two combined? It cannot be a good deal without compensating the construction costs.

(in reply to Triode)
Post #: 1248
RE: Naval and Defense News - 9/16/2016 12:44:12 PM   
xavierv

quote:

ahem , 23000t LHD is "Lavina",not "Priboi"

I know it is confusing, but the LHD scale model was advertised as "Priboi" by Krylov during Army 2016 exhibition last week:
http://imgur.com/a/ZCVpr

(in reply to Triode)
Post #: 1249
RE: Naval and Defense News - 9/16/2016 1:27:10 PM   
CrazyIvan101

Is there any clear idea on what the Leader Class will have for weapons, sensors, etc?

(in reply to Triode)
Post #: 1250
RE: Naval and Defense News - 9/16/2016 1:33:06 PM   
Dysta

quote:

ORIGINAL: CrazyIvan101

Is there any clear idea on what the Leader Class will have for weapons, sensors, etc?

Was discussed at DB3000 thread before:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3436106&mpage=77&key=23560

(in reply to CrazyIvan101)
Post #: 1251
RE: Naval and Defense News - 9/16/2016 4:39:10 PM   
Triode

quote:

I know it is confusing, but the LHD scale model was advertised as "Priboi" by Krylov during Army 2016 exhibition last week:
http://imgur.com/a/ZCVpr

Ha , you right , in 2015 it is like I say ,in 2016 it is like you say

anyway both of them, "Priboy" and "Lavina", grew out of this

from NPKB annual report 2014 page 39
"LHD research "Kashalot" 6.5 million rubles"
http://www.disclosure.ru/issuer/GetFileMD5?md5=033a99e54911946d993e161a28e09e18 in russian

(in reply to xavierv)
Post #: 1252
RE: Naval and Defense News - 9/17/2016 3:20:27 AM   
Tailhook

Given the state of the Russian economy and the loss of Ukrainian shipyards, are these realistic acquisition prospects? There's a whole lot of brand new Russian projects on the horizon.

(in reply to Triode)
Post #: 1253
RE: Naval and Defense News - 9/17/2016 4:38:38 AM   
Dysta

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tailhook

Given the state of the Russian economy and the loss of Ukrainian shipyards, are these realistic acquisition prospects? There's a whole lot of brand new Russian projects on the horizon.

It is not a surprise when Russia want to sell Shtorm CVN to India and/or China, to cover the construction cost for domestic orders. I believe it will be several times more expensive, as well as to pay fully in advance.

Other foreign competitors will attempt to bar the Russian offer though (in the name of sanctions by EU and US), so it won't be easy.

(in reply to Tailhook)
Post #: 1254
RE: Naval and Defense News - 9/17/2016 8:39:37 AM   
xavierv

MBDA Gets Leading Role for UK MoD DRAGONFIRE high energy laser demonstration programme

quote:

The United Kingdom’s Ministry of Defence (MoD) is finalising the agreement of a £30M contract with UK DRAGONFIRE, an UK industrial team led by MBDA, to conduct the Laser Directed Energy Weapons (DEW) Capability Demonstrator.

UK DRAGONFIRE will achieve, through the Laser Directed Energy Weapons (DEW) Capability Demonstrator, a significant step change in the UK’s capability in High Energy Laser Weapon Systems and will provide the basis for technology-driven operational advantage. The programme will mature the key technologies for a high energy defensive laser weapon system and will include the engagement of representative targets in land and maritime environments in 2019. The programme will also provide the body of evidence for future procurement decisions.

http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4366
DCNS delivers the 2nd Mistral-class LHD to the Egyptian Navy, the Anwar El Sadat

quote:

On 16 September 2016, DCNS delivered the second of two helicopter carriers acquired by the Arab Republic of Egypt in October 2015, the LHD (Landing Helicopter Dock) Anwar El Sadat. The flag transfer ceremony took place in the presence of the two Chiefs of Staff of the Egyptian and French navies, Admiral Rabie and Admiral Prazuck, the chairman and CEO of DCNS, Hervé Guillou, and the president of STX France, Laurent Castaing, together with senior French and Egyptian officials. By 2020, DCNS will have supplied seven combat vessels to Egypt, thus contributing to the modernisation of the Arab Republic of Egypt's defence system.

http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4365

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 1255
RE: Naval and Defense News - 9/17/2016 4:23:35 PM   
kevinkins

A bit heavy on ground warfare but very detailed and very recent. A description of Russian "snap" exercises from the Ukrainian POV.

https://informnapalm.org/en/analysis-snap-exercise-performed-russian-armed-forces-august-25-till-august-31-2016/#

(in reply to xavierv)
Post #: 1256
RE: Naval and Defense News - 9/17/2016 5:03:30 PM   
Hongjian

Apparently, this weapon is in the works now:

An air-launched anti-air ballistic missile with more than 300km range, capable of targeting maneuvering targets.
The research papers talk about the guidance system, as well as the systems enabling a deceleration upon re-entry into the atmosphere. The graphic also shows that this missle could be use as ASBM as well.

Definitely this weapon is still in the conceptual stage, but who knows... Maybe by 2025 the PLA Air Defense might deploy it as response to the ever-increasing numbers of capable 5th gen, emerging 6th generation fighter jets and long range stealth bombers?

< Message edited by Hongjian -- 9/17/2016 5:05:38 PM >

(in reply to kevinkins)
Post #: 1257
RE: Naval and Defense News - 9/17/2016 6:34:18 PM   
xavierv

DCNS Launched its 7th FREMM multi-mission frigate, the Future Bretagne, for the French Navy

quote:

On 16 September 2016, DCNS floated the FREMM multi-mission frigate Bretagne (Brittany) in Lorient, France. The achievement of this industrial milestone marks an important step in the construction of the vessel. It once again underlines the dynamism of DCNS and its capacity to deliver six FREMM frigates to the French Navy (Marine Nationale) before mid-2019, in accordance with the Military Planing Law 2014-2019.

http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4369

Second Indian Navy Project 15B Destroyer Mormugao Launched at MDL Shipyard in Mumbai

quote:

Another significant milestone in the annals of the Indigenous Warship design and construction programme of India was achieved with the launch of Guided Missile Destroyer, Mormugao, second ship of Project 15B, on 17 Sep 16, at Mazagaon Dock Ship Builders Limited (MDL), Mumbai. With a launch weight of 2844 tonnes, the vessel made its first contact with water at 11:58 AM with full fanfare during the launching ceremony graced by Chief of the Naval Staff, Admiral Sunil Lanba as the Chief Guest.

http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4368

(in reply to Hongjian)
Post #: 1258
RE: Naval and Defense News - 9/19/2016 10:55:36 AM   
xavierv

DCNS Launched the First GOWIND 2500 Corvette for the Egyptian Navy

quote:

On September 17 2016, DCNS launched the very first GOWIND 2500 corvette for the Egyptian Navy. The float out took place at the Lorient naval shipyard one day after the launch of FREMM Bretagne for the French Navy. First steel cut of the Egyptian Navy corvette took place on April 16 2015. The delivery of the vessel is set for 2017 (less than four years after the signature of the contract).

http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4370

Lockheed Martin-Led Team Launches U.S. Navy's Future USS Wichita LCS 13
quote:

The Lockheed Martin-led industry team launched the 13th Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) (a Freedom class Littoral combat ship) into the Menominee River at the Fincantieri Marinette Marine shipyard on Sept. 17. Ship sponsor, Kate Lehrer, christened LCS 13, the future USS Wichita, in Navy tradition by breaking a champagne bottle across the ship's bow just prior to the launch.

http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4372

U.S. Navy Burke-class Destroyer USS Ross (DDG-71) to Escort French Navy Aircraft Carrier

quote:

The U.S. Navy Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyer USS Ross (DDG 71) will participate to the escort of French Navy (Marine Nationale) aircraft carrier Charles de Gaulle strike group (CSG). The destroyer joined the French Naval Base of Toulon on September 13th. The French CSG is currently conducting an exercise off the French coasts (named Gabian) and is likely to become operational against Daesh in a matter of days.

http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4374

(in reply to xavierv)
Post #: 1259
RE: Naval and Defense News - 9/19/2016 5:40:58 PM   
lowchi

So, the B-21 has an official name: "Raider"

http://www.af.mil/News/ArticleDisplay/tabid/223/Article/948366/the-b-21-has-a-name-raider.aspx

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lowchi -- 9/19/2016 6:02:14 PM >

(in reply to xavierv)
Post #: 1260
Page:   <<   < prev  40 41 [42] 43 44   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: Naval and Defense News Page: <<   < prev  40 41 [42] 43 44   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI