Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

GUI suggestions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> GUI suggestions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
GUI suggestions - 11/19/2016 12:50:37 PM   
pgatcomb

Hi-

I think I spend more time in the scenario editor then I do actually playing the game and there are fed things that I would like to see if at all possible in CMANO:
1 When you set the orientation of a unit, could we get a box to enter the actual azimuth rather than fussing with the little diamond slider? Likewise, would it be at all possible to get a "wheel" that we can drag the angle to visually along with the little entry box?
2 When you add ammunition to magazines at airbases, would it be possible to get a button that adds a set number of loads for the aircraft already present at that airbase? For example I have a group of F105G wild weasels and I'd like the airbase to have enough for 3 strikes with shrike and standard missiles. I'd either have a button on the airplane loadout page (maybe in bright red with SCENEDIT next to it) that adds X loadouts to the base, or when I'm at the munitions page I could hit "add X loads of current loadouts to base magazine".
3 This is a "pie in the sky" sort of thought, but could it be possible that when you add aircraft to a base or ship that you can get a little "naming" helper. I use the FAQ's naming guidelines for specifying aircraft, but it would be great if I hit "Add aircraft with naming" button when I add aircraft and then it pops up a little window that says "Country" "Squadron type", and the other little details and when it adds the aircraft it automatically labels the aircraft correctly.
4 This may also be pie in the sky, but would it be possible to get a "facility" or "area" that designates an area as navigable by a boat? The primary reason for this would be river operations, but there are plenty of little lakes and the like that could be interesting for this usage.

Thanks, I hope I put this in the right place. Keep up the great work guys and I can't wait to see where the game goes next.
Post #: 1
RE: GUI suggestions - 11/22/2016 8:54:39 AM   
Dimitris

Hi, and thanks for your kind words.

1) We can look into that.

2) This is quite interesting. We'll see what we can do.

3) If you leave the name empty, it actually assigns a name from random.

4) You can do this already, if you "chain" multiple pier facilities so that their pier-lane areas overlap.

Thanks again!

(in reply to pgatcomb)
Post #: 2
RE: GUI suggestions - 11/22/2016 12:16:30 PM   
pgatcomb

Ahh, I didn't think of chaining the piers. Kind of wonky but it would defintely work. Call them canal locks and put them on a neutral team, maybe just do that with a facility later?

Sounds cool, thanks for looking into it.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> GUI suggestions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI