Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game keeps freezing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> Game keeps freezing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game keeps freezing - 11/25/2016 7:05:53 PM   
Patrat

Score: 0
I can play for quite awhile, but sooner or later the game stops responding. It all most always does it while i have a menu of some kind open, even the save game one. The cursor still moves, I just can't do anything with it.

I'm not running anything while playing the game except the anti virus. I'm made an exception in my anti virus for the game. I'm attaching my Dxdiag.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. It's getting a little frustrating to play a long turn and have the game freeze. Even frequent saves is not helping that much, because it sometimes freezes while I'm attempting to save the turn.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Patrat -- 11/25/2016 7:07:38 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Game keeps freezing - 11/25/2016 7:21:36 PM   
zakblood

quite a few app hangs in there, can you see if there's a file or files in here to zip and upload here for us thanks

quote:

The contents of the ERROR folder that is generated in your Users\<your name>\My Documents\My Games\Strategic Command - WWII War in Europe\ERROR folder.

if too big Please send to hcater@furysoftware.com, thanks

(in reply to Patrat)
Post #: 2
RE: Game keeps freezing - 11/25/2016 7:27:26 PM   
Hotschi

Same here, game freezes turn 3rd April (or was it March?) 1940. Cursor moves, nothing responsing. Last thing I did was clicking on the one Belgium air unit, then the red "end turn", and that was it.

No Error folder or logfile produced. Could only end the game via the Task Manager.

"A big butcher's bill is not necessarily evidence of good tactics"

- Wavell's reply to Churchill, after the latter complained about faint-heartedness, as he discovered that British casualties in the evacuation from Somaliland had been only 260 men.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 3
RE: Game keeps freezing - 11/25/2016 8:29:26 PM   
Patrat

That's weird, I went to that location and there's no error folder there. There's just 3 folders there, Save , Multi player and Campaigns.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 4
Esc Key? - 11/25/2016 9:02:21 PM   
JervisBay

Hello, I don't want to butt in but I've had the same problem frequently on (modal?) dialog boxes - ie like Research or confirmations of various kinds. I think the box is not showing on top as it should - but it always frees it up if you press Esc and try again. Just a thought.

(in reply to Patrat)
Post #: 5
RE: Esc Key? - 11/25/2016 9:23:07 PM   
sPzAbt653

Score: 2
I don't want to butt in either, as I don't have the same issue, but I minimize the game and work on other things while the computer plays its' turn, and often when I go back to the game and maximize it, nothing can be done, although the mouse will move around. As JervisBay said, if I hit ESC it will free me up again.

(in reply to JervisBay)
Post #: 6
RE: Esc Key? - 11/25/2016 11:38:28 PM   
Patrat

Thanks JervisBay and sPzAbt653. Hitting the escape key does free it up, at least it did on my last freeze.

< Message edited by Patrat -- 11/25/2016 11:40:51 PM >

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 7
RE: Esc Key? - 11/26/2016 5:56:11 AM   
zakblood

then is sounds more like a permissions issue than a pure game related one, as when you minimize it, the game doesn't run, so will freeze or pause for a better word the game, will see if the developer has a answer for it, as myself and nobody else has had or pasted the problem either as yet, thanks, not saying it is nothing, just it may or may not be

(in reply to Patrat)
Post #: 8
RE: Esc Key? - 11/26/2016 8:35:42 AM   
Solaristics

quote:

ORIGINAL: JervisBay

Hello, I don't want to butt in but I've had the same problem frequently on (modal?) dialog boxes - ie like Research or confirmations of various kinds. I think the box is not showing on top as it should - but it always frees it up if you press Esc and try again. Just a thought.

Just to add my voice to this, this reflects my experience too.

(in reply to JervisBay)
Post #: 9
RE: Esc Key? - 11/26/2016 8:52:03 AM   
zakblood

seems it maybe something, as it sounds like the box isn't coming to the top of the display, where pressing esc makes it happen maybe?

i keeps saying maybe as without a save and the developers input, i have no idea, but as soon as they look, they will know, so thanks for the reports anyway

< Message edited by zakblood -- 11/26/2016 8:53:01 AM >

(in reply to Solaristics)
Post #: 10
RE: Esc Key? - 11/26/2016 11:14:09 AM   
Hotschi

Thanks for the hint to use the 'ESC'-key. This key helped me so far in the freezing situations;

.) Failure to close the "save game screen" and the same with the convoy map.

I haven't had a situation yet to test a "escape" when all I want to do is hitting the red "next turn" button. But at least this teached me to save every turn...

- Wavell's reply to Churchill, after the latter complained about faint-heartedness, as he discovered that British casualties in the evacuation from Somaliland had been only 260 men.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 11
RE: Esc Key? - 11/26/2016 12:41:52 PM   
Patrat

quote:

ORIGINAL: zakblood

then is sounds more like a permissions issue than a pure game related one, as when you minimize it, the game doesn't run, so will freeze or pause for a better word the game, will see if the developer has a answer for it, as myself and nobody else has had or pasted the problem either as yet, thanks, not saying it is nothing, just it may or may not be

Since you mentioned permissions, I decided to run the game as Administrator. I have played a couple of long sessions and the game hasn't froze. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this has solved the issue.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 12
RE: Esc Key? - 11/26/2016 1:11:10 PM   
zakblood

8 out of 10 times permissions is always or can be a simple fix to most issues, and the other 1 out of 10 times, it's the anti virus or firewall, or user's pc, leaving 1 out of 10 for game error only, fingers crossed for you and everyone else

(in reply to Patrat)
Post #: 13
RE: Esc Key? - 11/26/2016 7:58:42 PM   
Hotschi

Okay, "ESC" also helps when the "End Turn" button doesn't do anything. I checked, and am not running the game as Admin. If I would want to, where do I set this? At the games' exe properties, or at the Game Menu properties?

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 14
RE: Esc Key? - 11/26/2016 8:23:39 PM   
zakblood

either

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hotschi)
Post #: 15
RE: Esc Key? - 11/26/2016 8:24:04 PM   
Patrat

I wasn't sure myself, so i set to run as admin on both the menu properties and the actual game exe properties.

(in reply to Hotschi)
Post #: 16
RE: Esc Key? - 11/26/2016 9:50:12 PM   
Hotschi

Thank you, have set it to be run as Admin, will report if there's any change regarding freeze/escape. I'm just glad it's just a minor nuisance and I can still continue playing the game.

(in reply to Patrat)
Post #: 17
RE: Esc Key? - 11/28/2016 2:22:03 PM   
Patrat

Even running as Administrator I am still experiencing a very occasional freeze, no where near as bad as it was. Luckily the escape key trick clears it so its not a big deal.

(in reply to Hotschi)
Post #: 18
RE: Esc Key? - 11/30/2016 6:23:20 PM   
harley9699

Mine locks up the entire computer when I exit the game! Nothing works: not Esc; not even trying to bring up the Task Manager. Can't access the task bar either. Can't access anything. Mouse will still move around, but it can't click on anything. If there's an open window, and I move the mouse into it, it'll just spin in there----forever, or until I move it outside of the open window. Have hard to hard kill the machine three times now. Very unhappy about this as I'm not going to play it, if I know I'm going to have to hard stop the machine.
If it was on Steam, I would have refunded my first game ever.

(in reply to Patrat)
Post #: 19
RE: Esc Key? - 11/30/2016 6:32:43 PM   
zakblood

may help if you open another thread so it doesn't get lost as it may be the same issues or something totally different, but a report on each pc may help narrow it down to what it is or isn't.

How to get a DxDiag report file:

1. Click on "START" (on Windows 8 press “Windows key” and the “R” key at the same time)
2. Click "run" (skip this step on Windows 8 )
3. Type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. Check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments (zip) rather than pasted into the body of the post.

(in reply to harley9699)
Post #: 20
RE: Esc Key? - 11/30/2016 6:39:39 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: harley9699699

Mine locks up the entire computer when I exit the game! Nothing works: not Esc; not even trying to bring up the Task Manager. Can't access the task bar either. Can't access anything. Mouse will still move around, but it can't click on anything. If there's an open window, and I move the mouse into it, it'll just spin in there----forever, or until I move it outside of the open window. Have hard to hard kill the machine three times now. Very unhappy about this as I'm not going to play it, if I know I'm going to have to hard stop the machine.
If it was on Steam, I would have refunded my first game ever.

While I don't experience this issue, I have noticed that after I quit a game, my task bar icon for Strategic Command remains on the task bar until I click on it then it briefly appears before it closes and brings up the standard Matrix game menu which then proceeds to close as normal.

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to harley9699)
Post #: 21
RE: Esc Key? - 11/30/2016 8:48:49 PM   
harley9699

quote:

ORIGINAL: zakblood

may help if you open another thread so it doesn't get lost as it may be the same issues or something totally different, but a report on each pc may help narrow it down to what it is or isn't.

How to get a DxDiag report file:

1. Click on "START" (on Windows 8 press “Windows key” and the “R” key at the same time)
2. Click "run" (skip this step on Windows 8 )
3. Type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. Check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments (zip) rather than pasted into the body of the post.

Thank you. I did that: "Locked Computer at Exit" thread now.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> Game keeps freezing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI