Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Two gameplay questions...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Two gameplay questions... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Two gameplay questions... - 5/10/2000 7:54:00 PM   
Moonpie

1. Where is the formation move that i remember in the other SPs? I mean you move one of the formation and the entire formation moves? 2. The AI difficulty. I didn't see it in the manual. Would someone explain how the percentage increase translates into layman's terms? Is it only an increase in number of forces or quality or....what?

Post #: 1
- 5/11/2000 7:35:00 PM   
Moonpie

Bump.... Anybody?????? I saw in the manual where you hit the "A" key to get the entire formation, but I still can't move the entire formation. Come on guys...doesn't anyone know? [This message has been edited by Moonpie (edited 05-11-2000).]

(in reply to Moonpie)
Post #: 2
- 5/11/2000 7:48:00 PM   
Scarhead

quote:

Originally posted by Moonpie: Bump.... Anybody?????? I saw in the manual where you hit the "A" key to get the entire formation, but I still can't move the entire formation. Come on guys...doesn't anyone know? [This message has been edited by Moonpie (edited 05-11-2000).]
Hmmm... Still waiting for my CD copy, but I remember from SP3 that with CC "on2 only those parts of a formation not using orders getting to the hex towards you want them to move actually go there. Or they just threw the all formation move away (glad if they did... I made to many errors moving while "all formation" still selected)? Scarhead

(in reply to Moonpie)
Post #: 3
- 5/11/2000 7:55:00 PM   
Scarhead

quote:

Originally posted by Moonpie: 2. The AI difficulty. I didn't see it in the manual. Would someone explain how the percentage increase translates into layman's terms? Is it only an increase in number of forces or quality or....what?
This number gives the experience/morale rating of the troops as compared to their intended morale. IIRC Germany had a 75 point (average to vet) average on experience in '42, so at 133 percent they should have about 100 points (elite) if only experience raises at this rate. If they increase experience and morale, maybe you nedd 166 percent for elite. Set up two games at different percentages with about 50 units and compare the mean exp rating - this should show you how it affects the game. And I guess you know from SP3 how much experience influences the game (try targetting the same target from same range and elevation (and zero speed) with two identical tanks - one green, one elite. Just compare the expected hit probability (not the actual hit prob, this has more influencing parameters). This should do the trick. Scarhead

(in reply to Moonpie)
Post #: 4
- 5/11/2000 11:43:00 PM   
Supervisor

quote:

Originally posted by Moonpie: 1. Where is the formation move that i remember in the other SPs? I mean you move one of the formation and the entire formation moves? THE A KEY IN THE BATTLE MAP. SEE PG 30 in the manual. Make sure C & C is OFF. Pg 28 & 35. 2. The AI difficulty. I didn't see it in the manual. Would someone explain how the percentage increase translates into layman's terms? Is it only an increase in number of forces or quality or....what?
It increase the morale and experience by a percentage. ------------------ Grenadier SPWAW Beta Team

(in reply to Moonpie)
Post #: 5
- 5/12/2000 12:22:00 AM   
Moonpie

I don't get it. As I told wild bill, Command control is off (been so since the tutorial) and there is no supression at the beginning of the scenario. No movement. I don't get it.

(in reply to Moonpie)
Post #: 6
- 5/12/2000 6:18:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Moonnpie, Did you check to see if the unit is set to advance or defend? If set to defend, you may not be able to move it. To change it, right click on the unit and click on the defend word. It will change to advance and it should move. Also check the status of the unit. How suppressed is it? Wild Bill ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Moonpie)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Two gameplay questions... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI