Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

This game is for people with good eyes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> This game is for people with good eyes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
This game is for people with good eyes - 12/31/2016 1:23:25 PM   
saber255

Let me first say I really like this game .But having trouble seeing things like rail lines the numbers on the units
the flags of there country and so on .Even when I mouse on a hex it does not show that there is a rail there.that would be
a help .so I guess my question is.Is there anyway to in large any of this .The old Sargents eyes are not what they use to be
thank you
Post #: 1
RE: This game is for people with good eyes - 12/31/2016 1:35:46 PM   
James Taylor

Even with good eyes, I can still thread a needle, sometimes its difficult to discern specifics.

SeaMonkey

(in reply to saber255)
Post #: 2
RE: This game is for people with good eyes - 12/31/2016 7:31:26 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: saber1

Let me first say I really like this game .But having trouble seeing things like rail lines the numbers on the units
the flags of there country and so on .Even when I mouse on a hex it does not show that there is a rail there.that would be
a help .so I guess my question is.Is there anyway to in large any of this .The old Sargents eyes are not what they use to be
thank you

Had cataracts removed 20 years ago, the doctor must have put in good lenses, or it is my monitor which is a 7 year old Dell 2309W using 1152x864 resolution, the picture is sharp and clear and have no trouble seeing roads, railways, little white numbers on units etc. could not be happier, and these are not young eyes

Bo

< Message edited by bo -- 12/31/2016 7:32:53 PM >

(in reply to saber255)
Post #: 3
RE: This game is for people with good eyes - 12/31/2016 11:31:08 PM   
xwormwood

My overall impress is that everything is for people with good eyes.
Something you start to realize once you find out that even the mole on the hill next to you has better eyesight than yourself.

"You will be dead, so long as you refuse to die" (George MacDonald)

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 4
RE: This game is for people with good eyes - 1/1/2017 3:02:28 AM   
bo

"Moles are not blind, as most people believe. They do have eyes and internal ears, but these are very small to prevent them being clogged up and damaged during tunnelling. Although they can see, the mole's eyesight is poor, with no ability to detect colours, just light from dark and movement."

Please Mr. Xwormwood do not tell me the mole on the hill has better eyes than you, the quote from above is from an animal pamphlet informing the readers about moles eyes.

My uncle once said "I lost all my hair, all my teeth are gone, I need bifocals but still can't see, have a hearing aid but still don't hear well, I am no better than a worm in the garden, oh well!

Bo

< Message edited by bo -- 1/1/2017 3:03:14 AM >

(in reply to saber255)
Post #: 5
RE: This game is for people with good eyes - 1/1/2017 4:49:51 AM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: saber1

thank you

Can it be played in Window Mode? If so you can go into control panel and launch the handicap program to turn on a magnifier you can place at the top of a window and resize the window so it doesn't interfere with the game. I use it all the time for several games now. I have to shrink the window about an inch ana quarter maybe but at least I can see what I'm doing and read the ridiculous small font developers are putting into games nowadays.

(in reply to saber255)
Post #: 6
RE: This game is for people with good eyes - 1/1/2017 10:58:56 AM   
saber255

Yes thank you I was able to change it through windows so now I play it 1280x762 so I can read everything now. Big difference

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 7
RE: This game is for people with good eyes - 1/16/2017 7:00:45 AM   
Bylandt11

I agree with the OP. It's very hard te read some numbers. Even terrain features, like rivers, are hard to see without further zoom.

(in reply to saber255)
Post #: 8
RE: This game is for people with good eyes - 1/16/2017 7:21:18 AM   
zakblood

it was an issue which was brought up, and for me still a valid point, with any counter type game, add it too much detail onto a counter, and then you make it harder for some to use and see, one more zoom level maybe would do it for me, to be perfect that is

(in reply to Bylandt11)
Post #: 9
RE: This game is for people with good eyes - 1/18/2017 3:19:08 AM   
freeboy

changing the resolution to a lower one will enlarge the details

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 10
RE: This game is for people with good eyes - 1/18/2017 10:35:53 AM   
dox44

may want to try the display changer

http://12noon.com/?page_id=80

after install

right click on desktop icon and in the target line before SC location add

"C:\Program Files (x86)\12noon Display Changer\dc.exe" -width=1024 -height=768 /c

or whatever size you desire. handles display for that .exe

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> This game is for people with good eyes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI