Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Shot info box appearance frustrating? Possible usability problem.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Shot info box appearance frustrating? Possible usability problem. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Shot info box appearance frustrating? Possible usabilit... - 5/20/2000 9:59:00 PM   
Plukh

After about an hour playing SPWAW I have only one major usability gripe. Floating boxes that show when I'm/my opponent fire weapons. They are fine by themselves, but when they constanly pop in and out, I start to feel myself mighty nauseous (and that's after an hour of play, mind you). This feeling has been confirmed by everyone at the office, though to a smaller degree. Possible solution is to dedicate a fixed on-screen area (either at the top or bottom of the screen) for _all_ status messages (unit/terrain info and such).

Post #: 1
- 5/20/2000 11:22:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

Turn Floating Text box OFF in the preferences. It will stay at the top of the screen

(in reply to Plukh)
Post #: 2
- 5/21/2000 12:13:00 AM   
Plukh

I've tried that option, and that's not exactly what I propose. The info box still pops on and off with each info update (I mean, pop box on, show info on firing main gun, pop off, delay, pop on, show info on firing MG, pop off, etc). It's the constant popping that gets on the eyes. I'd like this box to be permanently docked in one corner of the screen, with just the info in it changing from event to event (somewhat like the status bar on top of the screen in previous Steel Panthers games). [This message has been edited by Plukh (edited 05-20-2000).]

(in reply to Plukh)
Post #: 3
- 5/11/2000 9:12:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Set message delay to XXX and it will disappear so fast you hardly notice it. The downside is that you can't read it, of course. We'll put this on the list for possible fixes...WB ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Plukh)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Shot info box appearance frustrating? Possible usability problem. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI