Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Best Leader Usage

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Best Leader Usage Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Best Leader Usage - 1/8/2017 2:31:14 PM   
Tollwut

Hi folks,
It's me again the curious newbie.

This time my question is about leaders. I think I've understood the fundamentals of assigning them but am still somewhat unclear about certain specifics.

For instance: what is the effect leaders have on army and army group level? Obviously, on corps level their values affect your chances at actually winning battles. And army level commanders effect your CV and your MP, right?

But what about army group commanders? And on which level is it more important to have the best leaders? For instance in my game I just assigned Army Group Center to Model as he's obviously an awesome leader.

But was this a good call? Or would I have been better off with model commanding an army or a corps? A corps would seem like a waste for such a fine man.

Many thanks for any feedback.

"I'll show you where Iron Crosses bloom..." (Steiner)
Post #: 1
RE: Best Leader Usage - 1/8/2017 2:54:27 PM   
swkuh

One plan could be to 1st replace the worst corps level leaders with corps level ranks. Rank plays an important role and higher commands have their roles, so get the best rated w/appropriate rank to GHQ, AG, and Army. Then sharpen corps as needed.

(in reply to Tollwut)
Post #: 2
RE: Best Leader Usage - 1/8/2017 3:05:33 PM   
Tollwut

quote:

ORIGINAL: rrbill

One plan could be to 1st replace the worst corps level leaders with corps level ranks. Rank plays an important role and higher commands have their roles, so get the best rated w/appropriate rank to GHQ, AG, and Army. Then sharpen corps as needed.

yes indeed. That's essentially what I've been doing so far.

But what would interest me greatly is the exact effect that army, army group and GHQ commanders have.

"I'll show you where Iron Crosses bloom..." (Steiner)

(in reply to swkuh)
Post #: 3
RE: Best Leader Usage - 1/8/2017 3:10:38 PM   
EwaldvonKleist

Did you already scan the manual tollwut?
Good thread regarding some details of leader rolls: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3757207&mpage=2
In general: As higher the command, the more units a good leader can boost. But the probability that he will boost a single unit goes down as higher the HQ he commands due to range and HQ level multipliers.

(in reply to Tollwut)
Post #: 4
RE: Best Leader Usage - 1/8/2017 10:59:29 PM   
TheOne

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tollwut

Hi folks,
It's me again the curious newbie.

This time my question is about leaders. I think I've understood the fundamentals of assigning them but am still somewhat unclear about certain specifics.

For instance: what is the effect leaders have on army and army group level? Obviously, on corps level their values affect your chances at actually winning battles. And army level commanders effect your CV and your MP, right?

But what about army group commanders? And on which level is it more important to have the best leaders? For instance in my game I just assigned Army Group Center to Model as he's obviously an awesome leader.

But was this a good call? Or would I have been better off with model commanding an army or a corps? A corps would seem like a waste for such a fine man.

Many thanks for any feedback.

Morale is the most important factor above the Corp level.

The rolls 2x for most things so infantry/tank #'s don't matter as much. So say at Corp level the rolls are based on 1-10 at army 1-20 ect

So other factors are more important above Corp level.

A chain with good morale #'s from OKH down to Corp level is HUGE over time.

Look at rule 15.6.1

Morale effects everything, initiative is also very important at the Corp level and above.

They both also have a big effect on air combat.

< Message edited by TheOne -- 1/8/2017 11:03:41 PM >

Viva México

(in reply to Tollwut)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Best Leader Usage Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI