Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

No AI!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> No AI!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
No AI!!! - 1/17/2017 11:12:28 PM   
geofighter

Hello,

Thanks to those who responded to my previous thread. I appreciate your help. It also felt good to see that my version of WIF is operating accordingly.

Okay, I just bought WIF after watching a bunch of tutorial videos. I was really looking forward to it. In one of the tutorial videos it showed and AI mode which I hoped to play when I got the game. Now I discovered it isn't there. There is no AI mode. That was a big reason why I bought the game and I fell a little cheated that it isn't there. Is this going to be put in an update?

Sincerely,

Geofighter.
Post #: 1
RE: No AI!!! - 1/17/2017 11:52:15 PM   
Majorball68

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofighter

Hello,

Thanks to those who responded to my previous thread. I appreciate your help. It also felt good to see that my version of WIF is operating accordingly.

Okay, I just bought WIF after watching a bunch of tutorial videos. I was really looking forward to it. In one of the tutorial videos it showed and AI mode which I hoped to play when I got the game. Now I discovered it isn't there. There is no AI mode. That was a big reason why I bought the game and I fell a little cheated that it isn't there. Is this going to be put in an update?

Sincerely,

Geofighter.

Hopefully one day but very hard to program a good AI with so many variables, its been a long work in progress for the developers. I am sure you will get many hours enjoyment solo learning the game than start looking for some PBEM games. They seem to be working quite well.

(in reply to geofighter)
Post #: 2
RE: No AI!!! - 1/18/2017 12:11:19 AM   
davidachamberlain

I do understand your concern. As mentioned by Majorball68, AI will be difficult. Remember that there can be 6 different players and 9 country/powers playing. The complexity will be through the roof. It is more complex than any game I have played.

I suggest that for now, you might want to focus on the Solo and one-on-one options that include Internet (Netplay) or someone sharing your machine in your home.

I am currently in progress with a 4 player (2 Netplay plus 2 TeamViewer) game with some people in different locations that we used to play game on a pingpong table for almost a year several years ago.

Dave

(in reply to geofighter)
Post #: 3
RE: No AI!!! - 1/18/2017 12:54:15 AM   
geofighter

Thank you. Looking forward to it!

(in reply to Majorball68)
Post #: 4
RE: No AI!!! - 1/18/2017 12:56:45 AM   
geofighter

Thank you Major and David. I do wish one thing. Until the AI is done they should put a disclaimer on the video tutorial or take it down and redo it so that it doesn't show an AI option.

(in reply to davidachamberlain)
Post #: 5
RE: No AI!!! - 1/18/2017 2:26:28 AM   
Majorball68

Is netplay working?

(in reply to davidachamberlain)
Post #: 6
RE: No AI!!! - 1/18/2017 3:02:11 AM   
geofighter

I haven't tried it yet.

Post #: 7
RE: No AI!!! - 1/18/2017 3:02:57 AM   
paulderynck

Working NetPlay in the public beta should be coming soon.

I don't know what tutorial is being referred to here? The product page says clearly no AI yet. Perhaps the video was talking about production planning which is the closest we'll get to an AI for some time to come.

< Message edited by paulderynck -- 1/18/2017 3:03:51 AM >

Paul

Post #: 8
RE: No AI!!! - 1/18/2017 3:20:25 AM   
geofighter

Hey Paul,

Thanks for your reply. It is on the Matrix Games Tutorial Video "Chapter 7 Starting a New Game and Setting Up Units." I watched it on YouTube.

Here is a screen shot

Attachment (1)

The man who can read and doesn't has no advantage over one who can't. - Mark Twain

Listening is more than waiting for your turn to talk - Scott Wilder

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 9
RE: No AI!!! - 1/18/2017 6:41:42 PM   
paulderynck

Good point, it should have been greyed out.

Paul

(in reply to geofighter)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> No AI!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI