Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

First views about v5.0/01

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> First views about v5.0/01 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
First views about v5.0/01 - 5/15/2001 7:45:00 PM   
Christophe Jaureguiberry

After a few days of downloading, I have finally installed v5.0 + 5.01 and it works! *whew* I played a couple of scenarios I made for my campaign to see if they were any changes in OOB, and the first thing I noticed while playing the scenario was that the game handled somewhat... better. I could not immediately place the difference but after trying real hard I had the definite feeling that the scenarios played more like the way I had intended them to be when I designed them. For example, the AI movement and reactions felt much improved from the previous version and the actions of the enemy units made more sense. Also, the player's units performed better although I do not know to which mechanism this was due. Altogether, the game played better. A definite success for v5.01! After playing with my scenarios for a while, I decided to have a look at the scenarios on offer in the new version. My (lower)jaw fell to the ground. So many new scenarios, many great scenarios from the depot included, and so many new subjects! The Rif Rebellion (damn I wanted to do that one!), the Spanih Civil War (thanks Redleg for both), many great scenarios by Figmo. Add this to all the user-designed campaigns which were also included and we are now really spoiled for choice. On the negative side, and I am really nit-picking here, is that the list of scenario feels a bit rushed at places. Some scenarios do not have introductory text, and the (great) tutorials have been included twice, but hey, I'll live with that. Some minor issues with the OOB's too, such as certain Italian Fiat trucks appearing as airplane icons (I encountered this in WBW's Beda Fomm's scenario). Overall however, I felt the OOB were greatly improved, especially for minor nations. Great work, guys! Christophe

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> First views about v5.0/01 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI