First views about v5.0/01 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Christophe Jaureguiberry -> First views about v5.0/01 (5/15/2001 7:45:00 PM)

After a few days of downloading, I have finally installed v5.0 + 5.01 and it works! *whew* I played a couple of scenarios I made for my campaign to see if they were any changes in OOB, and the first thing I noticed while playing the scenario was that the game handled somewhat... better. I could not immediately place the difference but after trying real hard I had the definite feeling that the scenarios played more like the way I had intended them to be when I designed them. For example, the AI movement and reactions felt much improved from the previous version and the actions of the enemy units made more sense. Also, the player's units performed better although I do not know to which mechanism this was due. Altogether, the game played better. A definite success for v5.01! After playing with my scenarios for a while, I decided to have a look at the scenarios on offer in the new version. My (lower)jaw fell to the ground. So many new scenarios, many great scenarios from the depot included, and so many new subjects! The Rif Rebellion (damn I wanted to do that one!), the Spanih Civil War (thanks Redleg for both), many great scenarios by Figmo. Add this to all the user-designed campaigns which were also included and we are now really spoiled for choice. On the negative side, and I am really nit-picking here, is that the list of scenario feels a bit rushed at places. Some scenarios do not have introductory text, and the (great) tutorials have been included twice, but hey, I'll live with that. Some minor issues with the OOB's too, such as certain Italian Fiat trucks appearing as airplane icons (I encountered this in WBW's Beda Fomm's scenario). Overall however, I felt the OOB were greatly improved, especially for minor nations. Great work, guys! Christophe

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI