Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SEAD with Anti-Radiation Missiles - Radar on or off?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> SEAD with Anti-Radiation Missiles - Radar on or off? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SEAD with Anti-Radiation Missiles - Radar on or off? - 1/27/2017 12:26:23 AM   
Rangoon

Is it better to keep Active Radar on while running into an area with anti-radiation missiles? I would think you'd want to make an easy radar target for the enemy so that they turn on their radars themselves, right? Or is it better to make worse target so they are forced to keep their radars on for a longer period of time?

What's the best tactic here?
Post #: 1
RE: SEAD with Anti-Radiation Missiles - Radar on or off? - 1/27/2017 2:00:58 AM   
Dysta

My tactics would be keeping their FCR and OECM busy with few salvos of subsonic ASMs or Loiterers first, using the missile approach time spreadsheet to count when the ARM should launch (usually ARM is much faster), then fire full salvo of them.

As for using radar to search for targets, I will keep the first salvo units' radar on to loiter above target as close as its outside SAM range, or any aircraft with good maritime searching capability. Pick up every launched SAM that trying to intercept subsonic ASMs or other loitering aircrafts, then close the radar and redirect all ARMs to it.

< Message edited by Dysta -- 1/27/2017 2:02:17 AM >

(in reply to Rangoon)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> SEAD with Anti-Radiation Missiles - Radar on or off? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI