SEAD with Anti-Radiation Missiles - Radar on or off? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

Rangoon -> SEAD with Anti-Radiation Missiles - Radar on or off? (1/27/2017 12:26:23 AM)

Is it better to keep Active Radar on while running into an area with anti-radiation missiles? I would think you'd want to make an easy radar target for the enemy so that they turn on their radars themselves, right? Or is it better to make worse target so they are forced to keep their radars on for a longer period of time?

What's the best tactic here?

Dysta -> RE: SEAD with Anti-Radiation Missiles - Radar on or off? (1/27/2017 2:00:58 AM)

My tactics would be keeping their FCR and OECM busy with few salvos of subsonic ASMs or Loiterers first, using the missile approach time spreadsheet to count when the ARM should launch (usually ARM is much faster), then fire full salvo of them.

As for using radar to search for targets, I will keep the first salvo units' radar on to loiter above target as close as its outside SAM range, or any aircraft with good maritime searching capability. Pick up every launched SAM that trying to intercept subsonic ASMs or other loitering aircrafts, then close the radar and redirect all ARMs to it.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI