Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Turn 14

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Turn 14 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Turn 14 - 4/17/2003 3:50:35 AM   
Squirmer

This scenario might also be sub-titled "Halftrack Arena" ;) Loads of the things on both sides. It is nice to have .50 cals but as Gary says this is somewhat balanced by the German armour superiority.

Fireflys back in action this turn. Won vs a StuG but lost vs a Kingtiger.

Nice to see a ME-262 fly over even it did take out a Jackson :)

(in reply to Squirmer)
Post #: 31
Brutal - 4/17/2003 10:01:21 PM   
Gary Tatro

Talk about brutal, the battle had turned from mean to nasty with air, armor and artillary everywhere. I keep pounding the southern flank and only two halftracks and a Jeep managed to get through. The rest are all along the bottom beaten up and getting hit with heavy artillary and air, started to see units disappear down there this turn. Must be getting hard to do anything. Still there are at least 2 Firefly's, 6 Pershings, and 2 M4's left down there not to mention about 15 halftracks. Someday my artillary will hit them. :) If I could just get them to come in close so my infantry could have a crack at them.

The US artillary is very devistating. Not sure how to deal with it. Good game so far.

"Are you going to do something or just stand there and bleed"

(in reply to Squirmer)
Post #: 32
Turn 15 - 4/21/2003 1:38:34 AM   
Squirmer

Yes the guys on the southern flanking movement are not feeling too well. Still it is causing Gary to divert a substantial amount of his forces that would otherwise be beating me up elsewhere :)

Just trying to hold the line otherwise. Several Germans have made it across the central valley so far. Most have not survived but it's still worrying.

Note:

It seems like the MG42 Lafette is about 5 times more powerful than the US .30 Cal MG. Causing casualties from great distances. I know this is an OOB issue not a scenario design one though ...

(in reply to Squirmer)
Post #: 33
Continued self destruction - 4/23/2003 7:40:14 AM   
Gary Tatro

Destoyed a tank, shot up a bunch of halftracks and continue to pound the southern flankers. Back to you.

Note: I am not sure if this is a H2H problem or not but it appears that once a air unit has flown over the map you can see all units on the map no matter where they are or if they were hidden. This includes when bombardment lands. Very weird???

(in reply to Squirmer)
Post #: 34
Turn 16 - 4/27/2003 4:14:24 AM   
Squirmer

We continue to nibble at the Germans and their allies. Small contigents continue to make it across the central valley. We pop out of hiding and send them packing :)

The American arty is devastating. In H2H you don't see the casualties on the bombardment but I checked the unit data screens ;) One battery has 7 kills :eek:

P.S. I think that air showing all units thing happens when you have any changes to the OOB.

(in reply to Squirmer)
Post #: 35
Both sides - 4/28/2003 10:10:05 AM   
Gary Tatro

Are starting to take a beating. Two more tanks go down on the good guys side and a few more halftracks. Way down south I managed to rally a few troops and made a big whole in the flank attack. One sure thing about H2H it sure is a lot more difficult to get rid of infantry. Also much more difficult to see smaller units even when unsupressed.

New name for the senario, Valley of artillary. The American artillary has made it very difficult to do any sort of offensive menuvers. :( The combo of the American artillary and the better halftracks is countering the streangth of the German armor.

(in reply to Squirmer)
Post #: 36
Turn 17 - 5/1/2003 3:35:27 AM   
Squirmer

More nibbling. Germans are making a big push in the north which is probably going to become a problem.

US heavy arty completely on strike this turn (first time). May make pressing the R key more fruitful ...

(in reply to Squirmer)
Post #: 37
Crunch - 5/1/2003 6:15:55 AM   
Gary Tatro

Allied forces take a devistating blow up North this turn as German froces cross the gap and concentrat artillary, tanks and infantry. Destoying 2 Pershings 2 Dusters and a halftrack and successfully crossing the Valley of doom. In the Center another Pershing is taken out by a Panther and Kongtiger. In the south allied infantry are dieing everywhere the Southern Flank has been copletely stoped and should be cleaned up soon.

Note: The game has been brutal and fun. I few thing that I think might improve the mechanics would be to bring the reinforcements in faster and to have some VH in the central Vally of death that are valuable Per turn VH say 4 - 50 point per turn hexs in the north, middle, and south. Maybe make them appear like on round 5. That would be really cool and add more to the dynamic. I was able to push the good guys back originally but then I got stoped but his big tanks in overwatch and they just sat there. The per turns would map him do something.

Another thing would be to scale back the amount of Air Craft and provide more support tanks for each side. M4's for the Americans and Pz-IIIJ's for the Axis.

The way it is shaking out is that even if I do extreamly well and take the rest of the VH available I would not have enough points to get a minor victory. I think the way the scenario is designed will lend itself to Draws-This is why I suggested the Per Turn hexes in the middle.

What do you think Squirmer? PS you are leaving you tanks stationary again. Lets me target them with artillary. Just move them one or two hexes each turn and you can avoid this. ;)

(in reply to Squirmer)
Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Turn 14 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI