Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Idiot Bourbons and NM Blowout

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Wars of Napoleon >> Idiot Bourbons and NM Blowout Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Idiot Bourbons and NM Blowout - 2/22/2017 9:17:15 AM   
jackdoom

Just picked up WON and was playing through the first 6 months of 1805 as France; it’s a beautiful game.

No problems smacking the continental powers around, but I did notice a huge problem with my Spanish ally's behavior. For some unknown reason, Spain keep sending small fleets out to challenge the British at sea.

Needless to say, that didn't turn out so well. The end result was a decimated Spanish fleet and a free gift of 60 NM points to England.

Yeah, not so good; it seems one can’t control allied forces in this game.

And thus my question: while playing with Athena, is it possible to keep your allies from committing national suicide and throwing away your game?

Tags: closer lyrics, first love lyrics

< Message edited by jackdoom -- 2/23/2017 3:22:05 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Idiot Bourbons and NM Blowout - 2/23/2017 12:47:25 AM   
dhorkoff

You can play both France and Spain at the same time. Just do your French turn and then load up the same save as Spain. Finally, reload as France and run the turn. It'll be as if you are playing two sides of a multi-player game. By playing this way, you will know it's working if there are two .ord files in your save game folder, one for France and one for Spain.

(in reply to jackdoom)
Post #: 2
RE: Idiot Bourbons and NM Blowout - 2/28/2017 3:40:39 AM   
Symple

As dhorkoff suggests, with WON a best way to play is to play all of the factions of a side. There is a nifty game interface with regard to allies which allows France to control a major fleet or army of Spain. This gets you to the point you can challenge the British fleet.

(in reply to dhorkoff)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Wars of Napoleon >> Idiot Bourbons and NM Blowout Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI